I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 15 hours ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 1 day ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 2 days ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 2 days ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 2 days ago
- How to know if your mobile game is on its way to $1M in revenues March 31, 2015
- Greatest computer demo in history debuts as an opera at Stanford this week March 31, 2015
- Bitly closes its bulk link-shortening ‘bundles’ service, cites ‘abuse’ and lack of interest March 31, 2015
- Raptr launches Plays.tv gameplay video sharing and raises $14M March 31, 2015
- Game Over: Fan takes down his Super Mario 64 HD for browsers after legal threat from Nintendo March 31, 2015
- ProsperWorks raise $7.5 million to put CRM in your Google March 31, 2015
- Uber wins temporary victory in French court, allowing uberPOP to operate for now March 31, 2015
- WhatsApp for Android now lets all users make voice-calls March 31, 2015
- Beat it! New wearable device for musicians is like a sexy, wearable metronome March 31, 2015
- China’s ban on Google is costing search giant billions of dollars while giving huge boost to Baidu March 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Technology's effects on our language
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading