I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 5 hours ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 1 day ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 2 days ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 2 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 3 days ago
- Resist the temptation of a brand spin-off — we learned this the hard way August 1, 2015
- Our startup got rid of email, meetings, and managers — and thrived August 1, 2015
- U.S. regulator says hacking risk may be broader than Fiat Chrysler August 1, 2015
- Data scientists to CEOs: You can’t handle the truth August 1, 2015
- $600 premium Android phones are getting harder and harder to sell August 1, 2015
- Former CEO of collapsed Mt.Gox bitcoin exchange arrested in Japan: reports August 1, 2015
- The end of app isolation: How our apps will work together to serve us better August 1, 2015
- Robots won’t fully catch on until they can see and touch like we do August 1, 2015
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- It’s time for marketers to adapt to vertical videos July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon resource page
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading