I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster @rdoddala @jameswester And if in the 1960s, the Moon would still be made of green cheese.... 2 hours ago
- Great piece by @mhelft including an interview with Google SVP @sundarpichai. Must read. forbes.com/sites/miguelhe… $GOOG 2 hours ago
- People will age out of linear within 10-15 years, especially the demos that non-pharma advertisers care about. 3 hours ago
- The newspaper (!) does better than network news in demos. (Though not absolutes) people-press.org/2012/09/27/sec… 5 hours ago
- Cuban is using the "network news" to make an argument against network neutrality? What's that demo-- 70+? facebook.com/video.php?v=85… 5 hours ago
- Former RadiumOne CEO making amends February 28, 2015
- The two women behind the viral dress want to turn it into something positive for girls February 28, 2015
- Retail could do to health care what Uber has done to taxis February 28, 2015
- Driving adoption: Why mobile video is critical to Lyft’s advertising mix February 28, 2015
- Looking East: The Western advance on China’s burgeoning mobile gaming market February 28, 2015
- How machine learning will fuel huge innovation over the next 5 years February 28, 2015
- Uber says it was hacked — last spring February 28, 2015
- The Azerbaijan litmus test: Can money and government create a tech hub? February 28, 2015
- Survey: 38% of small merchants may not be ready for switch to EMV credit cards February 28, 2015
- Facebook’s ‘active’ users aren’t so active anymore, says survey data February 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading