I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 1 day ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 1 day ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 1 day ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Y Combinator names Scribd cofounder Jared Friedman as partner October 8, 2015
- How to unlock Cortana in the new Xbox One experience preview October 8, 2015
- Microsoft confirms it is to blame for limited carrier availability of new Windows 10 phones October 8, 2015
- Promoted Moments are coming to Twitter October 8, 2015
- Shakira’s new Love Rocks game with Rovio will have … no birds October 8, 2015
- Obama praises, and shames, the on-demand economy October 8, 2015
- Starbucks will start accepting Apple Pay later this year October 8, 2015
- Gartner and IDC: Global PC shipments fell 7.7% and 10.8% in Q3 2015, Apple placed third in the U.S. October 8, 2015
- Twitter copies YouTube by monetizing creator and publisher video October 8, 2015
- Etsy stock sinks 4% after Amazon Handmade launch panics investors October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading