I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @redesignmobile: redesign | mobile is launching soon! Follow @redesignmobile for updates. 4 hours ago
- Getting ready to launch @redesignmobile next week. Can't wait to show you what we're up to. 17 hours ago
- #ux #apple how could apple improve this Apple Pay screen? http://t.co/Hw0TsTxF7N 19 hours ago
- Nice. @americanexpress lets you apply for a card, get approved, get the card number online and spend $6,000 at @Nordstrom all in 15 mins 1 day ago
- Is There a Connection Between Mental Health and Entrepreneurship?: UCSF study suggests that is the case. audio.californiareport.org/archive/R20150… 1 day ago
- My Apple Watch arrived today. Here are my first impressions April 24, 2015
- IPO Scorecard: Apigee’s down round gives win to early-stage VCs April 24, 2015
- The 5 best Apple Watch apps for the enterprise (so far) April 24, 2015
- Research firm Newzoo teams up with Chinese mobile-intelligence company April 24, 2015
- One game studio plans on releasing 10 Apple Watch games before June April 24, 2015
- Pinterest’s predictive board picker on iOS and Android cuts repinning time by 10% April 24, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: E-sports on ESPN 2, Steam sells mods, and the mobile worth of Kate Upton April 24, 2015
- Apigee pops 17% in Nasdaq debut after raising $87M in IPO April 24, 2015
- It’s not easy to make Apple Watch games, but developers are doing it anyway April 24, 2015
- Luxottica is working on a second version of Google Glass, CEO says it’s coming soon April 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Netflix throws away the disc in the US
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading