I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- So sorry to hear of the death of Ed Gilligan. A great leader in the payments industry passes way too early. 17 hours ago
- RT @cdixon: GMV is not revenue. 20 hours ago
- #ux how would you improve this @United Apple watch experience. http://t.co/z9DOIImQIu 1 day ago
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 3 days ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 3 days ago
- Google’s surprising portal into the future of virtual reality May 30, 2015
- Tech media companies find that rapid growth doesn’t come easy May 30, 2015
- Google will hold Ubiquitous Computing Summit in San Francisco this fall May 30, 2015
- With Google’s Jacquard, wearable technology may have just grown up May 29, 2015
- It’s the network, not the ‘things,’ that will make IoT revolutionary May 29, 2015
- Microsoft releases Windows 10 preview for PCs with Cortana keyboard shortcut, default to filtered Taskbar in virtual desktops May 29, 2015
- Android Pay’s debut means Google Wallet will live on as a P2P payments app May 29, 2015
- Many Apple Watch owners see device as a want, not a need (survey) May 29, 2015
- Salesforce acquires smart calendar app Tempo AI, will shut it down on June 30 May 29, 2015
- First Apple HomeKit-controlled devices will reportedly start showing up next week May 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading