I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ZIRX gets strategic investment from BMW, launches parking service for enterprises venturebeat.com/2015/09/02/zir… 20 hours ago
- Great comment from @joshelman on the big challenge with Twitter. producthunt.com/live/josh-elma… 21 hours ago
- Digital ordering startup @Olo launches 'Dispatch,' connecting restaurants with delivery companies video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video… (advisor) 22 hours ago
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 2 days ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 2 days ago
- Ad blocking in Apple’s iOS 9 highlights rift over ads with app publishers September 4, 2015
- BlackBerry acquires mobile security company Good Technology for $425M, despite their thorny past September 4, 2015
- Runtastic enters smartwatch market with Moment, a $130+ analog timepiece for fashionistas and fitness freaks September 4, 2015
- comScore: Facebook now holds the top two positions among app users in the U.S. September 4, 2015
- Libre Wireless Technologies Powers SK Telecom’s Innovative Portable Hi-Fi Audio, UO Linkage September 4, 2015
- Uber’s #UberDinner marketing stunt in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur ends in hunger September 4, 2015
- Justice Department tightens cellphone tracking rules September 4, 2015
- WhatsApp now has 900M monthly active users September 4, 2015
- Some doctors DO want your Fitbit data September 4, 2015
- Here’s a look at some of the newest Star Wars toys coming out September 4 September 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading