I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 19 hours ago
- RT @usatodaytech: Twitter tries to reassure on MAUs: They’re already returning to Q3 levels $TWTR usatoday.com/story/tech/new… 21 hours ago
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 21 hours ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 21 hours ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 22 hours ago
- Ubisoft earnings comes up short thanks to Assassin’s Creed February 11, 2016
- Funding Daily: Machine learning startup DataRobot takes in $33 million February 11, 2016
- Chartboost acquires Roostr to connect mobile games with YouTube influencers February 11, 2016
- Box adds document scanning to its Capture photo-sharing app for iOS February 11, 2016
- Digit helps you automatically save part of your tax return February 11, 2016
- No Assassin’s Creed in 2016 as Ubisoft admits the series is slowing down February 11, 2016
- Funding Daily: Diffbot raises $10 million for it data-gathering artificial intelligence February 11, 2016
- Windows 3.1 programs brought back to life in latest Internet Archive collection February 11, 2016
- Quantum Break is Microsoft’s latest weapon in linking Xbox One and Windows 10 February 11, 2016
- EASI’R predicts when you’ll buy a new car before you know it yourself February 11, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Because manholes are round
- Technology's effects on our language
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- More bad news for newspapers: hotels going green
Monthly Archives: May 2009
I tried inflight WiFi last week aboard Virgin America. The day I flew happened to be the same day Virgin became the first U.S. airline to offer Internet access across its entire fleet. I live tweeted and uploaded pictures to … Continue reading