I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Welcoming @conorsen, the latest investor in the @redesignmobile family. One of the smartest investors I know. 7 hours ago
- Excited to welcome the incredible @ravi as the latest investor in @redesignmobile 10 hours ago
- Museum of obsolete tech, part 2. http://t.co/V9QOs6xRds 15 hours ago
- My museum of obsolete technology, part 1 http://t.co/B1QPfgN1CS 15 hours ago
- Strangest Apple Watch experience... emails that show on Watch disappear from my mailbox. Not all the time, but not infrequent. 16 hours ago
- Zmags launches its Creator tool for marketers who like it fast April 28, 2015
- Media site Refinery29 closes $50M funding round April 28, 2015
- Tesla Model 3 is behind schedule & unlikely to ship in 2017 April 28, 2015
- Facebook quietly dumped Skype before launching its own video calling feature April 28, 2015
- Careful what you write: How text mining could hurt your business April 28, 2015
- Charter Communications closer than ever to renewing Time Warner Cable acquisition offer, reports say April 28, 2015
- Yahoo bids on video with new original series, live video expansion, and magazine style talk shows April 27, 2015
- Apple working to fix Apple Watch supply problems, Tim Cook says April 27, 2015
- Facebook’s Parse adds local data support for Apple Watch April 27, 2015
- Tim Cook: Apple Watch app store now has 3,500 apps, ‘far ahead’ of expectations April 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Media requests
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: April 2009
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading