I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 1 day ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 1 day ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 1 day ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Alibaba launches ‘Alibaba Defined’ to help people outside China understand it October 9, 2015
- The second coming: Apple launches the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in more markets October 9, 2015
- Elon Musk: If you don’t make it at Tesla, you go work at Apple October 9, 2015
- Apple removes some apps from online store over security concerns October 9, 2015
- Alibaba, the Amazon of China, opens its second data center in Silicon Valley October 9, 2015
- Y Combinator names Scribd cofounder Jared Friedman as partner October 8, 2015
- How to unlock Cortana in the new Xbox One experience preview October 8, 2015
- Microsoft confirms it is to blame for limited carrier availability of new Windows 10 phones October 8, 2015
- Promoted Moments are coming to Twitter October 8, 2015
- Shakira’s new Love Rocks game with Rovio will have … no birds October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Favorite airports from around the world
- Starting cars for dummies
Monthly Archives: April 2009
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading