I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 1 day ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 1 day ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 2 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 2 days ago
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- It’s time for marketers to adapt to vertical videos July 31, 2015
- Boston’s best CMO fired from HubSpot: allegedly tried to obtain Dan Lyons’ tell-all book July 31, 2015
- Y Combinator-backed Shotput helps fulfill product orders at a price that works for startups July 31, 2015
- Why the Ashley Madison hack could pose a national security risk July 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 31, 2015
- Facebook tweaks its News Feed for the ‘small group of people’ who actively hide posts July 31, 2015
- Yahoo will acquire the social shopping site Polyvore July 31, 2015
- Attention, shoppers: Shopping with a store app means you’ll visit more and stay longer July 31, 2015
- Mobile telematic startup Driveway puts $10M in its glove compartment July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- My genius list
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The power of bloggers
Monthly Archives: April 2009
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading