I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 12 hours ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 12 hours ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 13 hours ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 13 hours ago
- I wish I had a job where I could not show up 1/3 of the time and use that time to look for a new job. 13 hours ago
- Nine wants you to ‘meet Instagrammers through your best 9 photos’ February 7, 2016
- Twitter users decry reported plan to prioritize tweets February 7, 2016
- Red Dead Redemption is playable on Xbox One after getting backward compatibility February 6, 2016
- 6 tips for hiring and nurturing great female techies February 6, 2016
- German watchdog wants user data considered before approving Internet mergers February 6, 2016
- Guide to China’s supply chain gets endorsement from Snowden February 6, 2016
- How to be a non-consensus entrepreneur February 6, 2016
- How to avoid the next Parse-shutdown scenario February 6, 2016
- Amazon starts to care about profit margins February 6, 2016
- Those Super Bowl instant replays you’ll love run off Intel’s tech February 6, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Groupon resource page
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Best practices for April Fool's Day
Monthly Archives: April 2009
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading