I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Credit card pet peeve: email notifications that don't indicate auto-pay activation status. Cc @Discover 5 hours ago
- Google's mvno strategy is unlikely to make a meaningful difference in US wireless market. @Amir 5 hours ago
- Think your wireless carrier provides terrible customer service? Imagine what Google wireless will do. theinformation.com/Google-s-Next-… 7 hours ago
- #ux #apple how would you improve this alarm clock experience? http://t.co/92rYBYardp 8 hours ago
- #Sundance can't help but think that Direct to Netflix is a lot more prestigious than Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray. Agree? 19 hours ago
- Minecraft is building blocky stacks of cash for Microsoft January 26, 2015
- Apple to report strong earnings on record iPhone sales tomorrow January 26, 2015
- A non-jerk’s guide to being lazy during the blizzard January 26, 2015
- Dropbox acquires Pixelapse, a version-control and collaboration tool for designers January 26, 2015
- Mobile app analytics showdown — what the best app publishers are using (webinar) January 26, 2015
- Microsoft shipped — but didn’t sell — 6.6M Xboxes during its fiscal Q2 January 26, 2015
- More than 9.2M people now subscribe to Microsoft Office 365, up 30% since October January 26, 2015
- Microsoft sees Surface revenue jump to $1.1B in Q2 2015, sells record 10.5M Lumia smartphones January 26, 2015
- Microsoft beats expectations slightly in Q2 2015 with a $5.8B profit on $26.5B in revenue January 26, 2015
- Feminist Frequency’s Anita Sarkeesian’s next videos examine masculinity and strong women in games January 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading