I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 39 minutes ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 41 minutes ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 56 minutes ago
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster @rdoddala @jameswester And if in the 1960s, the Moon would still be made of green cheese.... 4 hours ago
- Great piece by @mhelft including an interview with Google SVP @sundarpichai. Must read. forbes.com/sites/miguelhe… $GOOG 4 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading