I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- My girlfriend opens her Apple Watch (6-month anniversary) facebook.com/rockyagrawal/v… 8 hours ago
- Pretty sure Apple spent more time designing the butterfly watch face than Moto did designing all of Moto X. 10 hours ago
- Why would you have a Mickey watch when you can have this? http://t.co/Optohxvphk 11 hours ago
- Forgot wallet. Tried for 10 minutes to set up Apple Pay on Watch. Gave up. Used Apple Pay on iPhone. http://t.co/gJalYEcG3L 11 hours ago
- Macy's math. How much does a $40 necklace actually cost? http://t.co/Xypu3jfenv 12 hours ago
- Report: Only 22 percent of Apple Watches delivered on first weekend April 27, 2015
- Rocket Internet drives 41 percent increase in Q1 European VC investment April 27, 2015
- Unacast scores $1.6M to become the main tracker of every store you visit April 27, 2015
- China’s TestBird dives into mobile analytics and user acquisition with TrackingBird April 27, 2015
- The top 14 skills in the red hot market for marketing jobs April 26, 2015
- Why, dear God, haven’t you started marketing yet? April 26, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s single-player campaign takes you deep into a cybernetic quandary April 26, 2015
- After 6 Call of Duty games, Treyarch is hitting its stride with Black Ops III April 26, 2015
- The negative consequences of blindly supportive friends April 26, 2015
- The rise of the Chief Revenue Officers: Silicon Valley’s new secret sauce April 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Groupon resource page
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading