I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 2 days ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 3 days ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 3 days ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 4 days ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 4 days ago
- ‘Cutting to the bone’ is the wrong move in private equity May 24, 2015
- Why Japan’s lucrative mobile gaming market isn’t great for foreign developers May 24, 2015
- John Nash, ‘A Beautiful Mind’ mathematician and game theory contributor, killed in car crash May 24, 2015
- The Series A crunch domino effect on Middle America May 24, 2015
- The Pirate Bay is not down: Domain redirect problem has an easy fix May 24, 2015
- Pangea Mobile joins the race to bring Chinese mobile games to the West May 24, 2015
- Elon Musk didn’t like his kids’ school, so he started his own May 24, 2015
- Email marketing technology is ridiculously complicated May 24, 2015
- Silicon Valley’s meritocracy: Maybe it’s time to give something back May 23, 2015
- With the future of government spying hanging in the balance, the Senate goes on vacation May 23, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading