I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 1 day ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 1 day ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 2 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 2 days ago
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- It’s time for marketers to adapt to vertical videos July 31, 2015
- Boston’s best CMO fired from HubSpot: allegedly tried to obtain Dan Lyons’ tell-all book July 31, 2015
- Y Combinator-backed Shotput helps fulfill product orders at a price that works for startups July 31, 2015
- Why the Ashley Madison hack could pose a national security risk July 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 31, 2015
- Facebook tweaks its News Feed for the ‘small group of people’ who actively hide posts July 31, 2015
- Yahoo will acquire the social shopping site Polyvore July 31, 2015
- Attention, shoppers: Shopping with a store app means you’ll visit more and stay longer July 31, 2015
- Mobile telematic startup Driveway puts $10M in its glove compartment July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- The power of bloggers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading