I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- OMG. Google finally finally improved Contacts. Calendar, please. 33 minutes ago
- Former PayPaler Don Kingsborough joins board of Raise, a gift card sales company. Good move. chicagoinno.streetwise.co/2015/03/02/rai… via @jaredmckiernan 1 hour ago
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 3 days ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 3 days ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 3 days ago
- Dropbox targets global subscribers with new localized payment options powered by Adyen March 3, 2015
- Uber buys maps platform DeCarta — its first public acquisition March 3, 2015
- Sony’s PlayStation sales top 20.2 million worldwide March 3, 2015
- Sony has a new Project Morpheus virtual reality prototype — consumer product launches in 2016 March 3, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 3, 2015
- Mimosa Endorses Bipartisan Congressional Letter in Support of Opening 10 GHz Spectrum Band for Affordable, High-Speed Internet Access March 3, 2015
- A brief history of Fab, from mega-hype to crash and burn March 3, 2015
- With Autodesk’s Memento, anyone can create 3D models of buildings, sculptures, or other physical objects March 3, 2015
- Chrome 41 launches with new developer features and tools, 51 security fixes March 3, 2015
- Why Pebble’s CEO actually wants the Apple Watch to succeed March 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
Monthly Archives: December 2008
This year I realized how little Stuff matters. For more than four months, almost everything I owned was in a warehouse somewhere. Even when I got it into my place, I spent a good chunk of the year on the … Continue reading