I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Live transit info on Apple watch is fantastic use case. http://t.co/k1VJu5bZBM 1 hour ago
- It seems Best Buy relented and is now accepting ApplePay. 2 hours ago
- Welcoming @conorsen, the latest investor in the @redesignmobile family. One of the smartest investors I know. 20 hours ago
- Excited to welcome the incredible @ravi as the latest investor in @redesignmobile 23 hours ago
- Museum of obsolete tech, part 2. http://t.co/V9QOs6xRds 1 day ago
- Validic raises another $12.5M for health integration platform, Kaiser buys in April 28, 2015
- How to get, keep, engage, and monetize mobile users (webinar) April 28, 2015
- Inside Wooga’s mobile gaming hit factory in Berlin (photo gallery) April 28, 2015
- Google Now for Android gets support for 70 more apps April 28, 2015
- Hands-on with the LG G4 April 28, 2015
- Facebook launches desktop video app ads to drive game installs April 28, 2015
- Forget streaming: Apple should get out of the music business April 28, 2015
- Deep-learning startup Clarifai gets $10M to make business hires, add features April 28, 2015
- LG unveils new G4 smartphone, with pro camera features and curved leather back April 28, 2015
- You can now post comments directly on Dropbox files April 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Media requests
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Why Netflix's split won't help with its real problems
Monthly Archives: December 2008
This year I realized how little Stuff matters. For more than four months, almost everything I owned was in a warehouse somewhere. Even when I got it into my place, I spent a good chunk of the year on the … Continue reading