I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 1 day ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 2 days ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 3 days ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 3 days ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 3 days ago
- Apple may let you unlock your iPhone by taking a selfie March 31, 2015
- Note-taking app Evernote goes down; the company is investigating March 31, 2015
- New Twitch mobile update adds a neverending video player March 31, 2015
- Tapstream unifies deeplinks and deferred deeplinks, connecting mobile web and mobile apps March 31, 2015
- Mobile marketing: Winning at brandvertising March 31, 2015
- Etsy prices shares at $14-$16, aims to raise as much as $265.6M in IPO (updated) March 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 31, 2015
- Slack just made it easier to find key files or comments in channels March 31, 2015
- Acrolinx’s new Content Marketing Platform tailors a writer’s work for your audience March 31, 2015
- Google Maps meets Pac-Man: Munch up power pellets in your neighborhood March 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: December 2008
This year I realized how little Stuff matters. For more than four months, almost everything I owned was in a warehouse somewhere. Even when I got it into my place, I spent a good chunk of the year on the … Continue reading