I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @jasonmcminn: Octopus in HK is what Apple Pay should be in US - no pin, no cash back prompt, no trans slow down @rakeshlobster http://t.… 13 hours ago
- RT @leonardspeiser: Apple's $18 billion in earnings this quarter shattered the previous high-water mark of $15.9 billion set in 2012 by Exx… 14 hours ago
- No need to obsess over Instagram, What'sApp monetization. They were both preemptive/defensive acquisitions. Nothing wrong with that. 15 hours ago
- $FB has the opposite problem of $GOOG and $AMZN. They want to be everything for everyone and completely lack focus. 15 hours ago
- $FB has some great plays in commerce, payments and search. Unfortunatel been way too focused to capitalize while others stake territory. 15 hours ago
- Tim Draper expands Draper University with addition of Draper Ecosystem January 29, 2015
- Live-Bet sports app lets you bet on the next play in a football game January 29, 2015
- AppLift unveils DataLift to automate user acquisition January 29, 2015
- Publishing analytics platform Parse.ly reinvents itself to keep up with the industry January 29, 2015
- Absolutdata unveils ‘new category’ tool for what to do after you identify likely customers January 29, 2015
- Imgur now lets you create your own animated GIFs from any online video January 29, 2015
- Alibaba blasts Chinese government over report that accused company of ‘illegal business practices’ January 29, 2015
- COR-003 Phase 3 Study Protocol to be Presented at ENDO 2015: The Endocrine Society’s 97th Annual Meeting & Expo January 29, 2015
- IBM, Mars see gene sequencing as key to protecting the global food supply January 29, 2015
- Mobile platform Tune (formerly HasOffers) sings right notes, lands $27M January 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Thoughts on service startups
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Technology's effects on our language
Monthly Archives: December 2008
This year I realized how little Stuff matters. For more than four months, almost everything I owned was in a warehouse somewhere. Even when I got it into my place, I spent a good chunk of the year on the … Continue reading