I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- It will be interesting to see what affect Stripe valuation will have on Square IPO. 56 minutes ago
- I'm a little surprised to see Visa openly slam $pypl in that @MikeIsaac piece. (Though the criticism is definitely valid from Visa view.) 1 hour ago
- Stripe is the company $pypl really needs to worry about. Note that Stripe's valuation is >5x what PayPal paid for Braintree. 1 hour ago
- Visa and AmEx invest in Stripe by @MikeIsaac nytimes.com/2015/07/28/tec… If I could invest in only one payments company today, it'd be Stripe. 1 hour ago
- Google's new timeline is interesting, creepy and incomplete. venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/han… 17 hours ago
- Microsoft’s HoloLens TV studio is upgrading one of gaming’s cheesiest tropes July 28, 2015
- Latterly acquires narrative journalism website Compass Cultura July 28, 2015
- Facebook, still overwhelmingly white and male, releases diversity training to help you unlearn bias July 28, 2015
- Think the app vs mobile web battle is over? Only in the USA July 28, 2015
- How a $3.9B market is helping bridge the online and offline worlds July 28, 2015
- Google search now lets you avoid lines by showing the busiest times at millions of places and businesses July 28, 2015
- Mike Tyson wants a bite of the Bitcoin market July 28, 2015
- Trello launches an enterprise tier with single sign-on and better support July 28, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 28, 2015
- Mobile Advertising: Who’s winning and how (webinar) July 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: August 2008
While watching the Olympics, I was struck by a gorgeous animated ad. A lobster conducts an orchestra of other sea creatures playing Gershwin. As soon as I recognized Rhapsody in Blue, I knew it had to be a United Airlines … Continue reading
I’ve long advocated that news organizations geotag the news. But I’ve been skeptical of automated systems for doing this. Google News recently provided a terrific example of what can happen when you use entity extraction for such a task: In … Continue reading
The New York Times ran a great profile of fake news purveyor Jon Stewart this weekend. According to a 2007 Pew poll, Stewart was tied with real newsmen Brian Williams, Tom Brokaw, Andersen Cooper and Dan Rather for #4 as … Continue reading