I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Amazing that in 2015, @united can lose a reservation with no record at all. 30 minutes ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 53 minutes ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 20 hours ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 1 day ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 1 day ago
- The next multibillion dollar tech trend from Asia: E-sports March 29, 2015
- Watch out! All that Meerkating and Periscoping could slam your mobile data limits March 29, 2015
- Boeing has patented a ‘Star Wars’-style force field March 29, 2015
- A 4-inch iPhone 6 would be welcomed by many users (but will Apple deliver?) March 28, 2015
- The five most ignorant media myths about electric cars March 28, 2015
- The Backed Pack: A security sensor, an all-in-one charger, & a smart messenger bag March 28, 2015
- Social-good gaming will only reach its potential when women do too March 28, 2015
- Employment attorneys differ on the legacy of Ellen Pao case March 28, 2015
- Hillary Clinton deleted everything on her email server March 28, 2015
- Dear VCs: Clean up your websites March 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: July 2008
A big congratulations to former AOL Search colleagues Abdur, Greg and Jay on the acquisition of Summize by Twitter. They’ve done a terrific job capturing the pulse of Twitter. Summize is a great tool for marketers and others looking to … Continue reading
One of my favorite iPhone apps is Rotary Dialer. There’s just something fun about making the latest and greatest device act like something from the 60s. Rotary Dialer isn’t like the “classic” phones from Pottery Barn, where the buttons are … Continue reading
Kudos to Colgate-Palmolive for responding to a market need: three ounce tubes of toothpaste that fit into baggies that you can get take through airport security. I was pleasantly surprised to find this at Target before a recent trip. (I … Continue reading