I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #RIPTwitter Wow. People are really pissed. I couldn't be happier. This could greatly improve Twitter's signal and attract mainstream users. 3 hours ago
- "At least 36 brokerages cut their price targets"... it's always nice when analysts look in the rearview mirror to make their forecasts. 10 hours ago
- I'd be tempted to buy a drone to capture the footage of the FAA shooting it down. 10 hours ago
- The FAA says it will shoot down your drone if you fly within 36 miles of the Super Bowl yahoo.com/tech/faa-says-… 10 hours ago
- RT @panzer: An algorithmic Twitter (execution crucial, obv) is a better, more useful Twitter to a wider variety of people https://t.co/JjwW… 11 hours ago
- Google launches Android Studio 2.0 beta with Cold Swap, app indexing improvements, and multi-touch support February 6, 2016
- U.S., Britain consider letting spy agencies, police seek email, chat data from companies February 6, 2016
- Indiegogo lays off some employees in restructuring February 6, 2016
- The Pirate Bay now uses Torrents Time to let you stream all its movies and TV shows February 5, 2016
- Watch us play Unravel, an adorable puzzle platformer from Electronic Arts February 5, 2016
- LinkedIn sheds $11 billion on stock’s worst day since debut February 5, 2016
- Big in Tehran: Inside Iran’s $140M console and PC market February 5, 2016
- Ubisoft hypes up Trackmania Turbo’s VR capabilities with 360-degree video app February 5, 2016
- Hacker hijacks Dridex botnet to serve free antivirus February 5, 2016
- BMW-backed valet startup, Zirx, kills off consumer business to focus on enterprise February 5, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why small businesses are snapping up the daily deal
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: July 2008
A big congratulations to former AOL Search colleagues Abdur, Greg and Jay on the acquisition of Summize by Twitter. They’ve done a terrific job capturing the pulse of Twitter. Summize is a great tool for marketers and others looking to … Continue reading
One of my favorite iPhone apps is Rotary Dialer. There’s just something fun about making the latest and greatest device act like something from the 60s. Rotary Dialer isn’t like the “classic” phones from Pottery Barn, where the buttons are … Continue reading
Kudos to Colgate-Palmolive for responding to a market need: three ounce tubes of toothpaste that fit into baggies that you can get take through airport security. I was pleasantly surprised to find this at Target before a recent trip. (I … Continue reading