I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Target's Apple Watch app looks interesting. http://t.co/xEignw8JGb 44 minutes ago
- I always associate Pac Man with the uber cars going around the streets. 1 hour ago
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 1 day ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 3 days ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 3 days ago
- Otoy aims to enable developers to create cool VR imagery April 1, 2015
- New report: Yes, viewable ads perform better than ones not seen April 1, 2015
- Obama authorizes use of sanctions to deter cyberattacks April 1, 2015
- GoDaddy opens at $26.15 on first day of trading, up 31% from IPO price April 1, 2015
- Facebook and Google will speak on global game partnerships at GamesBeat Summit April 1, 2015
- OMsignal talks about course corrections at VB’s Montreal Roadshow tomorrow April 1, 2015
- Debut of Laura Saggers’ new single and video on Snapchat hints at app’s grander media ambitions April 1, 2015
- Sprinklr partners with SAP hybris to integrate commerce and social media April 1, 2015
- SuperAwesome partners with Bee7 for a kid-safe, legal mobile games ad network April 1, 2015
- Let’s play a game: Real announcement or April Fools’ Day gag? April 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Washington Post columnist Gene Weingarten has a hilarious piece making the case for copy editors, who are rapidly becoming an endangered species in newsrooms across the country. Here’s how newsrooms have typically worked: A reporter writes a story. Presumably, they … Continue reading
Some interesting reads from the past few weeks: Top Car Dealer Says High Gas Prices Are Good for the U.S. Auto Industry (WSJ) — The CEO of AutoNation views high gas prices as just what we need to spur innovation … Continue reading
In journalism school, you’re taught that newspapers are the first draft of history. Today it’s common for news outlets to scoop themselves on their Web sites. But even that may not be fast enough when news breaks. Lost Remote reports … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading
North Oaks tells Google Maps: Keep out – we mean it (Star Tribune) — A suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota has demanded that Google remove all images from Street View, citing its laws against trespassing. The city’s roads are privately … Continue reading