I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Guess those twitter emails are a short-term way to pump MAU; medium-term way to get people to unsubscribe from your emails. 1 hour ago
- Twitter has managed to create emails more useless than linkedin's barrage of spam. http://t.co/kXI8W3JvBT 1 hour ago
- Nokia Sells HERE Mapping Business To Group Of European Car Makers For $3.07B techcrunch.com/2015/08/02/her… 15 hours ago
- Twitter is struggling to reengage its 1 billion inactive users - Business Insider businessinsider.com/twitter-monthl… 16 hours ago
- Inside the sad, expensive failure of Google+ mashable.com/2015/08/02/goo… ... Google Photos is the best thing to come out of it. 17 hours ago
- YouTube’s desktop player now sports a transparent control bar that disappears when not in use August 4, 2015
- 5 ways to accelerate app monetization with rewarded video August 4, 2015
- LinkedIn’s publishing platform expands beyond English and into Portuguese; German and French to follow August 4, 2015
- Confidence of Silicon Valley’s venture capitalists hits two-year low August 4, 2015
- Acer takes aim at Chromebooks with the Windows 10 Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 laptops, starting at $170 August 4, 2015
- Salesforce, Brand Networks among the first to add support for Instagram’s Ads API in their marketing platform August 4, 2015
- Makerbase launches to become an IMDb for makers August 4, 2015
- Buy buttons could hurt brands more than they help August 4, 2015
- 21 things that people wish Cortana could do August 4, 2015
- Dutch mobile marketing firm iQU acquires TinyLoot and Target Gamers August 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: June 2008
Washington Post columnist Gene Weingarten has a hilarious piece making the case for copy editors, who are rapidly becoming an endangered species in newsrooms across the country. Here’s how newsrooms have typically worked: A reporter writes a story. Presumably, they … Continue reading
Some interesting reads from the past few weeks: Top Car Dealer Says High Gas Prices Are Good for the U.S. Auto Industry (WSJ) — The CEO of AutoNation views high gas prices as just what we need to spur innovation … Continue reading
In journalism school, you’re taught that newspapers are the first draft of history. Today it’s common for news outlets to scoop themselves on their Web sites. But even that may not be fast enough when news breaks. Lost Remote reports … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading
North Oaks tells Google Maps: Keep out – we mean it (Star Tribune) — A suburb of St. Paul, Minnesota has demanded that Google remove all images from Street View, citing its laws against trespassing. The city’s roads are privately … Continue reading