I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 2 weeks ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- GrabTaxi adds ‘Flash’ button for instant rides, mandatory ratings, e-receipts hub, and business ride tags December 1, 2015
- Google will retire Chrome support for 32-bit Linux, Ubuntu Precise, and Debian 7 in March 2016 December 1, 2015
- Google’s data saver mode in Chrome for Android will now save up to 70% December 1, 2015
- BlackBerry is bringing BBM mobile payments to Africa December 1, 2015
- Nokia will start shipping its $60K Ozo virtual reality camera in Q1 2016 December 1, 2015
- Adobe data: Cyber Monday 2015 will hit a record $3B in sales, sale product shortages hit all-time high December 1, 2015
- New Samsung patent shows off a phone that unfolds into a tablet (with bonus Apple cameo) November 30, 2015
- This is what a National Security Letter looks like November 30, 2015
- Oculus VR will have a ‘special announcement’ at ‘The Game Awards’ November 30, 2015
- 50% of adults shop on smartphones while browsing a store November 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- How not to design an ATM
- Because manholes are round
- Why Google's acquisition of Zagat matters
Monthly Archives: March 2008
I’ve been using my Garmin eTrex Vista Cx GPS for six months. I use it when hiking and to geotag pictures. I noticed that I haven’t been getting the advertised accuracy level; the accuracy has ranged from 25 to 150 … Continue reading
I was out at AT&T Park yesterday for an exhibition game against the Oakland A’s and was reminded why this is one of my favorite parks in baseball. Although I’ve been to the park many times before, in its various … Continue reading
The Dash portable navigation device I wrote about earlier is now shipping. Dash has dropped the price $200 from the initial pre-order pricing. It’s the first true two-way connected PND on the market, using cellular data for search, traffic and … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading
Some interesting reads from the past couple of weeks: Hulu: Great Product, Still Screwed (Silicon Alley Insider) – The much-hyped video site from NBC and News Corp. is now out of beta. Hulu offers free access to full episodes from … Continue reading
I stopped growing early. After what I can only assume was a massive early growth spurt, I capped out at my current 5’3″. The picture above was taken before I entered middle school; using mom as a benchmark, I must … Continue reading
Some interesting items from the last few weeks: Jon Stewart’s pre-Oscar interview on Larry King Live (CNN) – This interview is a perfect example of why people like me are watching The Daily Show for news. Stewart is sharper and … Continue reading