I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @suzimcc: Great post by @rakeshlobster --> Five mistakes that product managers make bit.ly/1L9yF5K http://t.co/Puu8oRR10c 46 minutes ago
- Snapchat is reportedly shuttering Snap Channel for good, will lay off some employees venturebeat.com/2015/10/12/sna… 4 hours ago
- RT @bgurley: People do not understand the severe risk of waiting to long to go public, @arachleff does: blog.wealthfront.com/2016-career-la… http://t.co… 4 hours ago
- I found that piece about Twitter on Facebook. Because reverse chronological dump. 4 hours ago
- Twitter is laying off 336 people. Here's why the company is struggling. - Great in depth analysis vox.com/2015/6/11/8761… 4 hours ago
- Zendesk acquires cloud business intelligence startup BIME Analytics for $45M October 13, 2015
- Intel beats in Q3 2015 with $3.1B in profit, $14.5B in revenue October 13, 2015
- Chrome 46 launches with new developer features, simplified page security icon October 13, 2015
- Facebook goes after YouTube with video suggestions, floating screen, and dedicated feed October 13, 2015
- Boomtrain raises $12M to expand email and notifications automation platform October 13, 2015
- User engagement is the new user acquisition October 13, 2015
- Pinterest’s Place Pins now display Google Map directions, business info, and reviews October 13, 2015
- Google buys app-hosting service Divshot, will shut it down on December 14 October 13, 2015
- Why authenticity is one of the most important parts of game marketing October 13, 2015
- Watch GamesBeat 2015 conference day two right here October 13, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2008
The movers came today and loaded up all my stuff for the move West. I laughed out loud when I looked at the inventory and saw “paper eater” as the description for my shredder. And I think she packed the … Continue reading
That question seems to be on a lot of people’s minds these days, thanks to the newly announced $150 billion stimulus package. “I would like my check and I think everybody else feels the same way,” said David Wyss Chief … Continue reading
You turn the key and the engine goes vroom. That’s how you start a car. In the more than 10 years since I started driving, there have been a lot of change in cars. I’ve seen the addition of safety … Continue reading
Busy with CES and the new job this week, so I didn’t get to do a whole lot of reading. These caught my eye: CES Video: Gadget of the day (Los Angeles Times) – Taser has introduced a stun gun … Continue reading
A few years ago at the TV Critics Association press tour my friend Neal asked NBC head Jeff Zucker why there weren’t any South Asians on ER. Anyone who has been to a hospital knows that they’re full of South … Continue reading
“The Spirit of Pigcinnati,” Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Kentucky. Creative Commons image by flickr user richmanwisco. USA Today reports that the government is wasting $110 million each year flying empty planes, another great example of Congressional pork. The “Essential” Air … Continue reading
This week’s interesting reads: Some thoughts on pricing (Redeye VC) – First Round Capital’s Josh Kopelman examines pricing strategies. He starts with pricing of soda in a hotel and found a range of $1 to $4.50. The overall range is … Continue reading