I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Pizza delivery shops should have surge pricing on super bowl Sunday to smooth demand. Peak price probably middle of second quarter. 14 hours ago
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 1 day ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 1 day ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 1 day ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 1 day ago
- WhoSampled taps Spotify to show you who covered, remixed, or sampled your favorite songs February 8, 2016
- Supercell announces ’Clash Royale’ will launch globally in March February 8, 2016
- This remote control car can go anywhere with 3G service February 8, 2016
- Top cybercrime ring disrupted as authorities raid Moscow offices February 8, 2016
- Machine Zone spends $5M on Mobile Strike Super Bowl 50 commercial with Schwarzenegger February 8, 2016
- Titanfall 2 will feature a single-player campaign and possible TV spin-off show February 7, 2016
- Google reportedly plans to release a Cardboard successor like Samsung’s Gear VR this year February 7, 2016
- Apple’s gaming censorship continues: The Binding of Isaac blocked from App Store February 7, 2016
- Super Bowl Showdown: Is esports or the NFL a better career choice? February 7, 2016
- Why hiring a COO was the best thing I did for my business February 7, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Monthly Archives: January 2008
The movers came today and loaded up all my stuff for the move West. I laughed out loud when I looked at the inventory and saw “paper eater” as the description for my shredder. And I think she packed the … Continue reading
That question seems to be on a lot of people’s minds these days, thanks to the newly announced $150 billion stimulus package. “I would like my check and I think everybody else feels the same way,” said David Wyss Chief … Continue reading
You turn the key and the engine goes vroom. That’s how you start a car. In the more than 10 years since I started driving, there have been a lot of change in cars. I’ve seen the addition of safety … Continue reading
Busy with CES and the new job this week, so I didn’t get to do a whole lot of reading. These caught my eye: CES Video: Gadget of the day (Los Angeles Times) – Taser has introduced a stun gun … Continue reading
A few years ago at the TV Critics Association press tour my friend Neal asked NBC head Jeff Zucker why there weren’t any South Asians on ER. Anyone who has been to a hospital knows that they’re full of South … Continue reading
“The Spirit of Pigcinnati,” Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Kentucky. Creative Commons image by flickr user richmanwisco. USA Today reports that the government is wasting $110 million each year flying empty planes, another great example of Congressional pork. The “Essential” Air … Continue reading
This week’s interesting reads: Some thoughts on pricing (Redeye VC) – First Round Capital’s Josh Kopelman examines pricing strategies. He starts with pricing of soda in a hotel and found a range of $1 to $4.50. The overall range is … Continue reading