I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Why the Web won't ever be meaningful newsweek.com/clifford-stoll… 1 hour ago
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 2 days ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 2 days ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 2 days ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 2 days ago
- Windows 93 is finally done and ready to crash for you March 6, 2015
- Mobile developers: We’re coming for you (in Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, and Montréal) March 6, 2015
- The Apple Watch’s battery could last a lot longer than we thought March 6, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: GDC 2015, Valve’s Vive, and Rock Band 4 March 6, 2015
- Pinterest’s first full-year transparency report reveals 41 government data requests on 58 accounts March 6, 2015
- Steam Machine prices range from $460 to … $5,000 March 6, 2015
- Game industry heavyweights highlight the exclusive GamesBeat Summit May 5-May 6 (earlybird deadline today) March 6, 2015
- MapD closer to delivering “supercomputer in a box” March 6, 2015
- The DeanBeat: The game industry’s struggle with light and darkness March 6, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 6, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: January 2008
The movers came today and loaded up all my stuff for the move West. I laughed out loud when I looked at the inventory and saw “paper eater” as the description for my shredder. And I think she packed the … Continue reading
That question seems to be on a lot of people’s minds these days, thanks to the newly announced $150 billion stimulus package. “I would like my check and I think everybody else feels the same way,” said David Wyss Chief … Continue reading
You turn the key and the engine goes vroom. That’s how you start a car. In the more than 10 years since I started driving, there have been a lot of change in cars. I’ve seen the addition of safety … Continue reading
Busy with CES and the new job this week, so I didn’t get to do a whole lot of reading. These caught my eye: CES Video: Gadget of the day (Los Angeles Times) – Taser has introduced a stun gun … Continue reading
A few years ago at the TV Critics Association press tour my friend Neal asked NBC head Jeff Zucker why there weren’t any South Asians on ER. Anyone who has been to a hospital knows that they’re full of South … Continue reading
“The Spirit of Pigcinnati,” Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, Kentucky. Creative Commons image by flickr user richmanwisco. USA Today reports that the government is wasting $110 million each year flying empty planes, another great example of Congressional pork. The “Essential” Air … Continue reading
This week’s interesting reads: Some thoughts on pricing (Redeye VC) – First Round Capital’s Josh Kopelman examines pricing strategies. He starts with pricing of soda in a hotel and found a range of $1 to $4.50. The overall range is … Continue reading