I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Do you live in Venice, Italy? Please let me know if you do. 42 minutes ago
- RT @stevesi: What's going on in Greece reminded me of this from a trip just a few years ago. http://t.co/Vd9iUMxGBd 1 hour ago
- I always thought call centers prioritized account cancellation requests. (You know, for save attempts.) @ATT can't do that right. 12 hours ago
- AppleWachPay-ed at Trader Joe's. This could catch on. 14 hours ago
- GF switched from @ZIRX to @luxevalet because zirx forgot water. Never mind that luxe doesn't do water. #expectations #branding 16 hours ago
- Square launches payroll service for small businesses June 30, 2015
- Cisco acquires cloud security company OpenDNS for $635M June 30, 2015
- Mobile product execs from Evernote, Workday, and Yelp to share their knowledge with MobileBeat 2015 attendees June 30, 2015
- Rooomy launches so you can see what white furniture would look like in your new living room June 30, 2015
- Intel Capital invests in $39M round for certificate and key management startup Venafi June 30, 2015
- Email marketing: How to maximize the most reliable digital channel with technology (webinar today) June 30, 2015
- Microsoft, Oracle, HP, Tibco, RStudio form the R Consortium under the Linux Foundation June 30, 2015
- E.U. will abolish mobile roaming charges by June 2017 and net neutrality will be ‘enshrined’ in law June 30, 2015
- Financial planning software company Adaptive Insights raises $75M June 30, 2015
- Shark Tank’s Mark Cuban and friends pour $7M into e-sports platorm Unikrn June 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Technology's effects on our language
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on