I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- This uber driver has game. Water, lightning and micro USB chargers and candy canes. Cc @maxrogo http://t.co/P2W2h2pP6P 10 hours ago
- In positive travel news, the blown glass art @flySFO T2 is worth checking out. (Says a guy who owns a chihuly.) http://t.co/LWl03MMSGP 10 hours ago
- 47 minutes from landing to gate in clear weather. That is new to me. 11 hours ago
- Supposed to land 11:25. Landed 12:00. Parked b/w runways since 12:00 b/c @AmericanAir can't manage gates. Flying sux http://t.co/Bbq0fpP6HP 11 hours ago
- That's why I always say you need to look at a basket of metrics. Any 1 metric can easily be manipulated. 11 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Ethernet everywhere