I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 1 hour ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 9 hours ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 9 hours ago
- Playing Taboo with my GF: "It's an internet company that is failing..." She got it in one guess. 10 hours ago
- LG made 1.2 cents in profit for every phone it sold last quarter engadget.com/2015/07/29/lg-… 11 hours ago
- Dream killer: 4 nasty truths about U.S. fintech July 30, 2015
- B2C marketing automation vendor BlueShift lets ecommerce marketers reach “segment-of-one” personalization July 30, 2015
- More Instagram ads on the way, but Facebook promises to tread lightly July 29, 2015
- Catawiki raises $82M to grow its online auction house for collectibles such as dinosaur bones July 29, 2015
- GitHub confirms that it has raised $250M, led by Sequoia Capital July 29, 2015
- Volkswagens with CarPlay and Android Auto will begin arriving in showrooms this week July 29, 2015
- Nearly half of Facebook’s users only access the service on mobile July 29, 2015
- Twitter now lets you preview a user’s bio when you hover over their avatar July 29, 2015
- How to download and install Windows 10 without using Windows Update July 29, 2015
- Facebook revenue jumps 38% to $4.04B in Q2 as daily active users grow 17% July 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Daily Archives: June 27, 2007
I’m hooked on Facebook. In various ways, it replaces Twitter, Digg, Bluedot, plaxo and LinkedIn. And there’s a chance that it will replace my spam-laden email box, at least for messages from people I care about. I’m too invested in … Continue reading →