I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @Techmeme: Suits Seek To Force Lyft And Uber To Treat Drivers As Employees (@jmbooyah / BuzzFeed) buzzfeed.com/johanabhuiyan/… http://t.co/vmQ… 37 minutes ago
- The real beneficiary of bing: Google. Microsoft has spent billions to keep U.S. regulators off Google's back. Smart strategy. 38 minutes ago
- From the WSJ story, Google Now sounds like re-targeting hell. TripAdvisor is still re-targeting me for a trip I took to Turkey 18 months ago 42 minutes ago
- Is Google Now search? I don't think so. It's an information product built by a company widely known for search. 45 minutes ago
- The Super Bowl scoreboard is 10x the size of my (larger than typical 1BR) SF apartment. via @fromedome fortune.com/2015/01/30/wha… 52 minutes ago
- New Apple and IBM enterprise app delivers a lot of utility January 30, 2015
- Deep learning startup Clarifai goes beyond image recognition, now offers video analysis January 30, 2015
- Tencent grabs the digital rights to NBA basketball in China January 30, 2015
- Check out these playbooks from successful industry cloud startups January 30, 2015
- Nintendo wants a taste of your YouTube action — and creators hate it January 30, 2015
- Here are the predictions for who will win the Super Bowl — of ads January 30, 2015
- Romney could have announced 2016 on any outlet on Earth. He chose Medium January 30, 2015
- Months after ‘God View’ fiasco, Uber is updating privacy policies January 30, 2015
- Google Ventures releases new DIY guide to help startups design better products January 30, 2015
- Cricket Wireless ups data allotments in basic plans January 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Daily Archives: June 27, 2007
I’m hooked on Facebook. In various ways, it replaces Twitter, Digg, Bluedot, plaxo and LinkedIn. And there’s a chance that it will replace my spam-laden email box, at least for messages from people I care about. I’m too invested in … Continue reading →