I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- 'Naive' Swedes are renting homes to Airbnb hookers - The Local thelocal.se/20160208/naive… via @garyleff 13 hours ago
- RT @TimFernholz: The @NewYorker buying Twitter ads to promote its article about how Twitter is dying kind of undercuts the thesis https://t… 14 hours ago
- RT @BloombergTV: Proof that even queens take part in the sharing economy... #QueenBey amp.twimg.com/v/fcb83c8c-991… 14 hours ago
- Congratulations, David! One of the sharpest entrepreneurs I've met. twitter.com/DavidSacks/sta… 14 hours ago
- RT @rsarver: Good post from @mvellank "Putting The Collapse In Tech Valuations Into Context" mahesh-vc.com/blog/understan… 14 hours ago
- Opera accepts $1.2B offer from Chinese firms hungry for its booming mobile ad business February 10, 2016
- Hauck & Aufhäuser Acquires Share in the Naga Group AG February 10, 2016
- Sweden’s Stugan game accelerator gets its first mobile game launch February 10, 2016
- Facebook paid 210 security researchers $936,000 in 2015, high-impact bugs grew by 38% February 10, 2016
- WorldRemit raises $45M to grow its mobile-first money-transfer service globally February 10, 2016
- Google has quietly launched its answer to AWS Lambda February 10, 2016
- Google’s self-driving car AI can qualify as a driver, U.S. regulators say February 10, 2016
- The esports industry has a lot to learn from the daily fantasy sports mess February 10, 2016
- Early-stage companies, get ready to be punched in the face February 10, 2016
- Amazon adds zombie apocalypse reference to its AWS terms February 10, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Let Google Maps do the walking
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Watson vs. Google
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Fare Guard - a (bad) option on low airfares
Daily Archives: June 27, 2007
I’m hooked on Facebook. In various ways, it replaces Twitter, Digg, Bluedot, plaxo and LinkedIn. And there’s a chance that it will replace my spam-laden email box, at least for messages from people I care about. I’m too invested in … Continue reading →