I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Love that @zillow ad features an interracial couple. 22 minutes ago
- RT @RichBTIG: Disney admitting trouble at @ESPN as big cable bundle struggles; Cable Nets HALF of $DIS earnings #goodluckbundle http://t.co… 24 minutes ago
- Many US retailers not ready for fraud-proof cards cnbc.com/2015/07/30/man… 5 hours ago
- United CFO moves to PayPal. Maybe he can bring the same level of service over. 9 hours ago
- Guess those twitter emails are a short-term way to pump MAU; medium-term way to get people to unsubscribe from your emails. 11 hours ago
- Slack starts accepting requests for beta access to its new Linux client August 4, 2015
- Review: The $180 Moto G isn’t a premium smartphone, but it acts like one August 4, 2015
- Glu to make a Nicki Minaj mobile game August 4, 2015
- Netflix now offers paid maternity and paternity leave for the first year August 4, 2015
- Activision Blizzard beats Wall Street’s expectations for Q2 2015 August 4, 2015
- Etsy grew revenue 44% to $61.4M last quarter and lost $6.4M, stock tanks 14% August 4, 2015
- The White House published the entire Iran deal on Medium August 4, 2015
- Google starts selling Project Tango dev kits internationally: coming to 12 countries this month August 4, 2015
- Who can win in mobile app personalization — and who’s in the game? August 4, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place August 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Because manholes are round
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: January 2007
I’m on vacation next week and in Dublin the following week.
You can do a lot of things with your pictures these days – turn them into notecards, magnets, calendars, mugs, puzzles, stamps, T-shirts. With all the gimmicks credit card companies use to try to get you to pick their plastic … Continue reading
Farecast is one of my favorite sites for checking out airfares. It’s a data junkie’s dream – Farecast does for airfares what Zillow does for real estate data. You can slice and dice airfare data in a number of different … Continue reading
I’ve noticed lately how many of my friends and colleagues have adopted Gmail addresses. Although Gmail is still a very distant 4th place (after Yahoo!, MSN and AOL) when it comes to the broad Internet audience, it seems to have … Continue reading
The folks at Yahoo! Research have used flickr’s APIs to create a new way to look at the world. The TagMaps take tags from flickr and plot them on Yahoo! maps. The current implementation is slow and the display of … Continue reading