I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 12 hours ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 2 days ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 2 days ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 2 days ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 3 days ago
- Facebook wants to build a $1B data center facility in Fort Worth, Texas May 23, 2015
- Patriot Act may be here to stay, Washington source says May 23, 2015
- Munchery cooks up an $85M round at a $300M valuation (confirmed) May 22, 2015
- Google’s buy button could give Amazon a run for its money May 22, 2015
- Facebook Messenger games could goose its Payments business May 22, 2015
- Zynga Poker’s struggles hurt overall market as players flee to social casino games May 22, 2015
- Casting doubt on the role of wearables and engagement platforms in health care May 22, 2015
- Here’s how Google’s Mobilegeddon is hitting SMBs May 22, 2015
- The ESPN moment: esports needs dedicated streaming platforms May 22, 2015
- PayPal’s vision for the future of digital payments May 22, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: December 2006
I like ads. At least some ads. When I’m watching programs that I’ve recorded, I sometimes will rewind just to see an ad. These are usually ads from creative advertisers like Target and Apple. Occasionally, I want to share ads … Continue reading
Imagine a Tivo that could only record one channel, would only record shows that the networks thought you might be interested in, charged you every time you wanted to watch something and then would delete it whenever it wanted. Doesn’t … Continue reading
Comcast is testing the release of movies on settop boxes at the same time they are released on DVD, according to The New York Times. The tests are being conducted in Pittsburgh and Denver. The big winners in such a … Continue reading
News organizations are actively playing the SEO/SEM game. If you do a search for “Iraq War“, “taco bell“, “litvinenko“, you will get both organic results and sponsored links from major news sites. The sites take different approaches to where they … Continue reading
Metro is now offering access to real-time information on trains on its redesigned mobile site (http://content.wmata.com/mobile). This is the same information that’s displayed on station platforms, indicating the time until the next several trains. You can bookmark the pages for … Continue reading
I’m in the process of hiring two Senior Product Managers for AOL Search. The people I hire will be working on two very exciting and truly innovative products that have the potential to significantly improve the way more than 40 … Continue reading