I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 7 hours ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 9 hours ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 1 day ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 1 day ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 1 day ago
- Agile marketing in the age of the customer (webinar) July 31, 2015
- Facebook’s video ads will kick off a new breed of video networks July 31, 2015
- Researcher says he can hack GM’s OnStar app, open vehicle, start engine July 31, 2015
- If you want loyalty, get a dog! Lessons from a world leader in the luxury alcohol beverage space July 30, 2015
- Google releases Android Studio 1.3 with a new memory profiler, editing and debugging support for C++ July 30, 2015
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft for making it harder to keep previous settings when upgrading to Windows 10 July 30, 2015
- Electronic Arts smashes analyst expectations with strong Q1 2016 earnings July 30, 2015
- Windows 10 gets four new games from Game Insight July 30, 2015
- Hands-on with Yahoo’s new, awkward, ahead-of-its-time silent video-text hybrid, Livetext July 30, 2015
- Apple will reportedly debut a new Apple TV in September, subscription TV coming later July 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Because manholes are round
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- My genius list
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
Monthly Archives: December 2006
I like ads. At least some ads. When I’m watching programs that I’ve recorded, I sometimes will rewind just to see an ad. These are usually ads from creative advertisers like Target and Apple. Occasionally, I want to share ads … Continue reading
Imagine a Tivo that could only record one channel, would only record shows that the networks thought you might be interested in, charged you every time you wanted to watch something and then would delete it whenever it wanted. Doesn’t … Continue reading
Comcast is testing the release of movies on settop boxes at the same time they are released on DVD, according to The New York Times. The tests are being conducted in Pittsburgh and Denver. The big winners in such a … Continue reading
News organizations are actively playing the SEO/SEM game. If you do a search for “Iraq War“, “taco bell“, “litvinenko“, you will get both organic results and sponsored links from major news sites. The sites take different approaches to where they … Continue reading
Metro is now offering access to real-time information on trains on its redesigned mobile site (http://content.wmata.com/mobile). This is the same information that’s displayed on station platforms, indicating the time until the next several trains. You can bookmark the pages for … Continue reading
I’m in the process of hiring two Senior Product Managers for AOL Search. The people I hire will be working on two very exciting and truly innovative products that have the potential to significantly improve the way more than 40 … Continue reading