I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Seems @OpenTable might be using deep POS integration to generate lists of top menu items. Great stuff. http://t.co/jLFq5ugw0U 1 day ago
- RT @PaymentsDave: #PayPal busy nurturing partnerships for big play in the ever-changing commerce and omni-channel worlds ... http://t.co/IQ… 1 day ago
- LinkedIn scraper needs to be better about decimal points. twitter.com/linkedinpulse/… 1 day ago
- The @opentable app is one of the few third party apps that support 3D Touch. I'd implement differently but appreciate the effort. 1 day ago
- Fantastic post by @StevenLevy on how Jobs fleeced @CarlyFiorina, and her lack of business acumen medium.com/backchannel/ho… via @fmanjoo 2 days ago
- China to hasten roll-out of car charging network: Xinhua October 4, 2015
- Blizzard hopes Legacy of the Void ending will satisfy StarCraft II fans October 4, 2015
- How Uber is rewiring your customer’s brain and what you can do about it October 4, 2015
- Veep friend finder app races to 5,000 users in one week, dev says October 4, 2015
- Tor browser co-creator: Experian breach shows encryption may not be security panacea October 3, 2015
- Jet could win the online retail game with old-school ads October 3, 2015
- Data likely stolen from Experian/T-Mobile spotted for sale on dark web, says Trustev October 3, 2015
- Don’t fail fast. Don’t fail early. Just don’t fail. October 3, 2015
- Meet the 27 all-star moderators for GamesBeat 2015 October 3, 2015
- A VC’s guide to the saturated digital health market October 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Investing in Groupon is like investing in a leaky bucket
- Groupon resource page
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
Monthly Archives: December 2006
I like ads. At least some ads. When I’m watching programs that I’ve recorded, I sometimes will rewind just to see an ad. These are usually ads from creative advertisers like Target and Apple. Occasionally, I want to share ads … Continue reading
Imagine a Tivo that could only record one channel, would only record shows that the networks thought you might be interested in, charged you every time you wanted to watch something and then would delete it whenever it wanted. Doesn’t … Continue reading
Comcast is testing the release of movies on settop boxes at the same time they are released on DVD, according to The New York Times. The tests are being conducted in Pittsburgh and Denver. The big winners in such a … Continue reading
News organizations are actively playing the SEO/SEM game. If you do a search for “Iraq War“, “taco bell“, “litvinenko“, you will get both organic results and sponsored links from major news sites. The sites take different approaches to where they … Continue reading
Metro is now offering access to real-time information on trains on its redesigned mobile site (http://content.wmata.com/mobile). This is the same information that’s displayed on station platforms, indicating the time until the next several trains. You can bookmark the pages for … Continue reading
I’m in the process of hiring two Senior Product Managers for AOL Search. The people I hire will be working on two very exciting and truly innovative products that have the potential to significantly improve the way more than 40 … Continue reading