I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Inside the sad, expensive failure of Google+ mashable.com/2015/08/02/goo… ... Google Photos is the best thing to come out of it. 32 minutes ago
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 2 days ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 3 days ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 3 days ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 4 days ago
- This PayPal design looks a whole lot like Nike’s August 3, 2015
- Y Combinator brings hardware veteran Luke Iseman on full-time to help startups grow faster August 3, 2015
- Counting likes and page views is easy — calculating real attribution is hard August 3, 2015
- Eve developer reveals its new Samsung Gear VR game: Gunjack August 3, 2015
- Koding gets $10M to speed up development with its cloud-based IDE August 3, 2015
- Epic’s graphics guru Tim Sweney shares his vision for perfect augmented reality August 3, 2015
- Twitter’s stock hits record low as takeover rumors heat up August 3, 2015
- ChinaJoy in pictures: A sexy, crazy, and uniquely Chinese gaming trade show August 3, 2015
- Researchers discover malware advertising that’s infected 1.3M people and growing August 3, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place August 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: July 2006
The New York Times reports today on the launch of a service by Inform.com that enables news sites to automatically link to related stories. Newspapers have long been reluctant to link to other sites for fear of losing traffic. Never … Continue reading
The Google Maps API has been a runaway success, allowing developers around the world to create mashups marrying Google maps with data on a variety of topics, including craigslist real estate, taco trucks in seattle, flickr pictures, cellphone reception and … Continue reading
There’s no question that data entry on mobile phones with the standard 12-key keypad is tedious. Technologies like Tegic’s T9, which is available on many phones makes this a lot easier. The technology predicts what word you are trying to … Continue reading