I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 1 day ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 1 day ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 1 day ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 1 day ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 1 day ago
- Search startup Qbox raises $2.4M as it develops ‘Project Gossamer’ August 28, 2015
- Data-driven marketing: With new solutions come new challenges August 28, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the PlayStation 4’s biggest multiplayer beta August 28, 2015
- Twitter aims to be slightly less white by 2016 August 28, 2015
- On-demand parking service ZIRX to convert parking attendants and dispatchers to employees August 28, 2015
- To regulate or not to regulate? EU to launch study on Uber August 28, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: YouTube gaming launches, Nintendo opens to Hollywood, and Rovio cuts jobs August 28, 2015
- How agile can make life easier — and more productive — for marketing and creative teams (webinar) August 28, 2015
- Court sides with U.S. government over NSA metadata collection program August 28, 2015
- The DeanBeat: As consoles age, PC gaming’s resurgence becomes more obvious August 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Groupon resource page
- Donald Trump is right
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
Monthly Archives: July 2006
The New York Times reports today on the launch of a service by Inform.com that enables news sites to automatically link to related stories. Newspapers have long been reluctant to link to other sites for fear of losing traffic. Never … Continue reading
The Google Maps API has been a runaway success, allowing developers around the world to create mashups marrying Google maps with data on a variety of topics, including craigslist real estate, taco trucks in seattle, flickr pictures, cellphone reception and … Continue reading
There’s no question that data entry on mobile phones with the standard 12-key keypad is tedious. Technologies like Tegic’s T9, which is available on many phones makes this a lot easier. The technology predicts what word you are trying to … Continue reading