I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 2 hours ago
- Even something as minor as a dealer mistyping mileage on a service order can get your car seriously dinged by @CarfaxReports 22 hours ago
- .@CarfaxReports is a terrible company. It has more errors than credit reports. And there is no FCRA to get them to fix it. 22 hours ago
- Watching Pence try to dance around this was hilarious. If trump loses, @mike_pence doomed? Or another Fox pundit? google.com/amp/www.nydail… 1 day ago
- Yup. All the issues we learned in 60s and 70s with redlining, lodging discrimination, etc. are re-surfacing. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Search Results for: paypal
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product — I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
I’m available to comment on many technology topics related to mobile, local, payments and search. I’m happy to do email, phone, Skype or satellite interviews. My analysis spans: Consumer impact Competitor impact Financial analysis and public market impact Public policy … Continue reading
I’ve been on Twitter since 2007. According to the stats, I have 39.8k tweets in that time. In those seven years, the feed has changed a lot. It’s gone from a largely personal feed with friends and a few colleagues … Continue reading
I’m pleased to announce that I’m joining the advisory board of OLO. You can see the press release here. Forbes recently had a great write up of OLO. OLO provides online ordering for companies such as Five Guys, Noodles & Co. and … Continue reading
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading
I have a new bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters tied to an exit for Square. I win the bet if: Square is acquired on or before December 31, 2012 by anyone other than PayPal. Felix wins the bet if: … Continue reading
Groupon shares dropped to a new all-time low today as its lockup ended, releasing a torrent of new shares on to the market. Thirty minutes into the trading session, Groupon had already traded 75% of its average daily trading volume. … Continue reading