I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Common misconception. The federal reserve says no. federalreserve.gov/faqs/currency_… Though, by this logic, a lawyer could tr… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 14 hours ago
- Did their ISO write the copy for them? This is an increasing trend in NYC. I go to 3 places that don’t take cash. https://t.co/fsivhgT5y5 15 hours ago
- Acquiring @ExpressScripts would be a bold move for an e-commerce player. Would really change that landscape. 17 hours ago
- As much as I dislike cable news in general, @jaketapper and @ChrisCuomo are standouts. Both are credible, probing a… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- NYC: Are there any family-run pharmacies left in Manhattan? I'd rather support them than shop as Walgreen's or CVS.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 17 hours ago
- Donald Trump is right
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Live Metro train information on the Web
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
February 2018 M T W T F S S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Search Results for: paypal
This contains a summary of my work, where I’ve been quoted by others as well as some other highlights of the week. My work PayPal at retail is a terrible product — I had a chance to look at PayPal’s new … Continue reading
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
I was having dinner with a friend who works at a large payments company last night. One of the things that we discussed was the importance of using your client’s (or prospective client’s) products. If you’re visiting American Express, use … Continue reading
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
I’m available to comment on many technology topics related to mobile, local, payments and search. I’m happy to do email, phone, Skype or satellite interviews. My analysis spans: Consumer impact Competitor impact Financial analysis and public market impact Public policy … Continue reading
I’ve been on Twitter since 2007. According to the stats, I have 39.8k tweets in that time. In those seven years, the feed has changed a lot. It’s gone from a largely personal feed with friends and a few colleagues … Continue reading
I’m pleased to announce that I’m joining the advisory board of OLO. You can see the press release here. Forbes recently had a great write up of OLO. OLO provides online ordering for companies such as Five Guys, Noodles & Co. and … Continue reading
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading
I have a new bet with Felix Salmon of Reuters tied to an exit for Square. I win the bet if: Square is acquired on or before December 31, 2012 by anyone other than PayPal. Felix wins the bet if: … Continue reading
Groupon shares dropped to a new all-time low today as its lockup ended, releasing a torrent of new shares on to the market. Thirty minutes into the trading session, Groupon had already traded 75% of its average daily trading volume. … Continue reading