I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #ux: NONE of @OpenTable recommendations here are in SF (where I used to live) or NYC (where I live). Total fail. https://t.co/xzRTUxXvrZ 1 hour ago
- Our health care sys: @cvspharmacy bills insurer $71 for generic. Insurer pays ~$20 and charges me $10. Walmart sell same drug for $4 total. 14 hours ago
- I'm going to have pay slightly more in taxes so @SpeakerRyan can't kill poor and sick people. Fuck... yeah! 16 hours ago
- So nice of Spicer to throw @SpeakerRyan under the bus. I predicted before the whole debacle began that Ryan would be biggest loser. 21 hours ago
- $7.60 for an unqualified lead is crazy expensive in this context. https://t.co/sbyJjN0c6A 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How not to design an ATM
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Gimme my money: remaking the ATM to get you cash faster
- Algorithms versus car dealers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
Monthly Archives: August 2010
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading