I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bad ear piece (@jaketapper / David Duke), bad mic (last night's pounding) Clearly tech is out to get @realDonaldTrump 1 hour ago
- Facebook Was Ordered to Stop Collecting WhatsApp User Data in Germany fortune.com/2016/09/27/fac… 2 hours ago
- Because pricing isn't complicated enough. If it works, though, will create lock in. uber.com/info/plus/sanf… 2 hours ago
- You don't have to replicate FedEx/UPS. Cherry-pick most profitable. Leave UPS with one guy 50 miles away on farm. wsj.com/articles/amazo… 3 hours ago
- Really been loving my experience with @mealpal. Subscription lunch service in various markets. $6/lunch… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Groupon announced a shift from its approach of the same deal for all email subscribers in a market to personalized deals in select cities. CEO Andrew Mason says that there is a backlog of 35,000 businesses waiting to be featured … Continue reading
In recent months, we’ve seen daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social grow like crazy. Groupon is valued at $1.35 billion. That’s more than 4x the valuation of the McClatchy Company, one of the country’s largest newspaper publishers. It … Continue reading
On my last trip, I had the opportunity to try United’s mobile check-in and mobile boarding passes. The promise is paper-free check in. It sounds really great, but it’s not quite there. Partly it’s due to United’s horrible user interface, … Continue reading