I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Best case, you're allowed to swallow competitors. CO-UA, AA-US, DL-NW seem to all have worked out. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 12 hours ago
- My 4K TV has built in Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, etc. And it does 4k. So far, most apps don't translate well to Apple T… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 12 hours ago
- Tech M&A usually bad for acquirers. Acquirees make out. As do execs like Bewkes. usatoday.com/story/tech/col… 12 hours ago
- The whole streamer and TV app business is a ridiculous mess, including different UIs for each "channel." Plus highly varied content licenses 12 hours ago
- Netflix doesn't want to get meta-searched out? Makes sense to me. engadget.com/2016/10/27/the… 13 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Technology's effects on our language
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How not to design an ATM
- Can you understand me now?
- Redesigning the remote control
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Groupon announced a shift from its approach of the same deal for all email subscribers in a market to personalized deals in select cities. CEO Andrew Mason says that there is a backlog of 35,000 businesses waiting to be featured … Continue reading
In recent months, we’ve seen daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social grow like crazy. Groupon is valued at $1.35 billion. That’s more than 4x the valuation of the McClatchy Company, one of the country’s largest newspaper publishers. It … Continue reading
On my last trip, I had the opportunity to try United’s mobile check-in and mobile boarding passes. The promise is paper-free check in. It sounds really great, but it’s not quite there. Partly it’s due to United’s horrible user interface, … Continue reading