I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- For some reason, there is no republican equivalent at this street festival in Palo Alto. Can't figure out why. https://t.co/nBP4F6lMZZ 1 hour ago
- Awesome potentially life saving move by @waze. Every nav should have this option. https://t.co/2rXfv2sds6 4 hours ago
- Great conversation with my friend @jonfortt on race in America. Incidentally he has 4x more viewers periscope v FB twitter.com/jonfortt/statu… 5 hours ago
- "I'm not a racist, I'm just a great businessman. And the best business move back then was to be racist." mobile.nytimes.com/2016/08/28/us/… 6 hours ago
- Why did trump hire a gastroenterologist as a general Doctor? Was bornstein his former golf caddy or something? 6 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Anyone can be a journalist
- Groupon resource page
Monthly Archives: August 2009
As I’ve been figuring out what to do next, I’ve also spent a lot of time thinking about what I’ve done in the past. The sad reality of building Web products is that your work quickly disappears. Just as waves … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading