I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Really been loving my experience with @mealpal. Subscription lunch service in various markets. $6/lunch… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 2 hours ago
- Compilation of reviews of Uber's self-driving experiment. I may have to fly to Pittsburgh to check it out. therealdeal.boardingarea.com/test-riding-ub… 3 hours ago
- Your inefficiency is someone else's paycheck. washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost… 4 hours ago
- Every time a potential president Trump has a meeting with a foreign leader, he'll be constantly checking to see if… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 5 hours ago
- Someone more eloquent than Trump was last night. youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNx… And no asides about how rich she is, either. 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My great Groupon customer service experience
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: August 2009
As I’ve been figuring out what to do next, I’ve also spent a lot of time thinking about what I’ve done in the past. The sad reality of building Web products is that your work quickly disappears. Just as waves … Continue reading
I’ve been doing a lot of travel the last few years and have gone through a lot of airports. There are huge variations in quality from airport to airport and even within terminals of the same airport. A few stand … Continue reading
Today marks the second anniversary of the launch of Virgin America, an upstart carrier that has inspired many loyal followers. Virgin America is a clear example of the benefits of starting from scratch. Among Virgin’s features: Brand new planes. Cheerful … Continue reading
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading