I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Not having watched the Olympics, I missed this great Apple ad. youtube.com/watch?v=ztMfBZ… via @youtube 3 hours ago
- Loving my @mealpassapp experience so far. Don't know if it will work for restaurants long term, though. https://t.co/6CH6hjK2Nk 9 hours ago
- Great piece on product management. There are 3 types of PMs: pioneers, settlers, town planners firstround.com/review/the-pow… 10 hours ago
- I went to Yellowstone and didn't see bears! One star. twitter.com/jtemple/status… 1 day ago
- From a friend: I miss the days of true journalism. Now the media is afraid to be scooped by a tweet 1 day ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Technology's effects on our language
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How not to design an ATM
Monthly Archives: April 2009
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading