I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Add @SteveCase to the list of billionaires supporting Clinton. washingtonpost.com/opinions/steve… 1 hour ago
- 100% NYT and WaPo wouldn't get death threats if they endorsed Trump. His supporters are unhinged. 12news.com/mb/news/local/… 1 hour ago
- Blackberry and Nokia lost because they focused on wrong buyer. (IT manager and carrier). Apple focused on consumer. businessinsider.com/apple-ceo-tim-… 4 hours ago
- Do any of current media streamers show you your own pictures in 4K? 5 hours ago
- News organizations do the country a disservice by doing online polls about important topics. dailydot.com/layer8/trump-c… 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
Monthly Archives: March 2009
Sir Richard Branson, chairman of Virgin Group – He’s my kind of billionaire: irreverent, playful and working for the public good. Steve Case, co-founder of AOL – No one person did more to bring Americans online than Steve. I was … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
In the first part, I wrote about the fallacy of using people with thousands of followers to illustrate how you can get great results if you ask questions on Twitter. In this part, I’ll focus on why the conversational nature … Continue reading