I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Closer than I expected. Sad nonetheless. Ali: how were startups with mixed gender counted? twitter.com/alivelshi/stat… 1 day ago
- LinkedIn is definitely not a place I post political commentary. Though it is also a place I hardly post. twitter.com/jswartz/status… 1 day ago
- Individuals should be able to have a Facebook "will." Let them decide what happens. Less hassle for the social netw… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- I'm trying to keep a better balance in my tweets. But it's really hard. twitter.com/benedictevans/… 1 day ago
- Very thoughtful post from @Cloudflare on significant downsides of using plumbing of internet for speech. blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-termina… 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, IPOs and incentives
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yahoo! Search knows what you mean
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Pandora radio goes wireless
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Online at 36,000 feet: trying Gogo WiFi on board
Monthly Archives: January 2009
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
On my way home from work today I decided to stop by Borders to pick up a guidebook for my birthday trip to Mexico City. Step 1: Figure out if the Borders near my house is open. I called 1-800-555-TELL … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading