I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Best case, you're allowed to swallow competitors. CO-UA, AA-US, DL-NW seem to all have worked out. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 4 hours ago
- My 4K TV has built in Netflix, Vudu, Amazon, etc. And it does 4k. So far, most apps don't translate well to Apple T… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 4 hours ago
- Tech M&A usually bad for acquirers. Acquirees make out. As do execs like Bewkes. usatoday.com/story/tech/col… 5 hours ago
- The whole streamer and TV app business is a ridiculous mess, including different UIs for each "channel." Plus highly varied content licenses 5 hours ago
- Netflix doesn't want to get meta-searched out? Makes sense to me. engadget.com/2016/10/27/the… 5 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Please don't send to a friend
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- How not to design an ATM
Monthly Archives: February 2008
Got my first San Francisco visitor last week when Wanita stopped by before we headed off to Kauai. (OK, technically Jason and Jeff were out here earlier, but Wanita was my first house guest.) We managed to pack a lot … Continue reading
It’s been a long, fun ride. It’s hard to believe it’s been four years. I’ve been fortunate to meet a lot of great people and make some friendships that will last a long time. The last month has been hectic … Continue reading
I’ve written before about problems with the UI on ATMs, such as repeatedly asking what language you want and having you enter cents for withdrawals when no ATM I know of dispenses pennies. I ran across another problem the other … Continue reading
Yes, yes, I know. I’m behind. The new job, a coast-to-coast commute, moving and trying to maximize time with my DC friends have taken their toll on my reading and blog writing time. Photo Clues Lead to Camera’s Owner (AP) … Continue reading