I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Closer than I expected. Sad nonetheless. Ali: how were startups with mixed gender counted? twitter.com/alivelshi/stat… 1 day ago
- LinkedIn is definitely not a place I post political commentary. Though it is also a place I hardly post. twitter.com/jswartz/status… 1 day ago
- Individuals should be able to have a Facebook "will." Let them decide what happens. Less hassle for the social netw… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- I'm trying to keep a better balance in my tweets. But it's really hard. twitter.com/benedictevans/… 1 day ago
- Very thoughtful post from @Cloudflare on significant downsides of using plumbing of internet for speech. blog.cloudflare.com/why-we-termina… 1 day ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, IPOs and incentives
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yahoo! Search knows what you mean
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Pandora radio goes wireless
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Online at 36,000 feet: trying Gogo WiFi on board
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.