I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Even something as minor as a dealer mistyping mileage on a service order can get your car seriously dinged by @CarfaxReports 6 hours ago
- .@CarfaxReports is a terrible company. It has more errors than credit reports. And there is no FCRA to get them to fix it. 6 hours ago
- Watching Pence try to dance around this was hilarious. If trump loses, @mike_pence doomed? Or another Fox pundit? google.com/amp/www.nydail… 8 hours ago
- Yup. All the issues we learned in 60s and 70s with redlining, lodging discrimination, etc. are re-surfacing. twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 9 hours ago
- Really terrific to see @nextdoor and @niravtolia acting on this. Racism (subtle or not) exists everywhere. fusion.net/story/340171/h… 9 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Why running a Groupon can destroy your Yelp ratings
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.