I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- "“The one-pager the White House did was as useful to tax reform as some random project of a Capitol Hill intern" politi.co/2qgcskm 43 minutes ago
- Today I saw a NYC apartment search site where the high end of "high" search option is $4,000. LOL. 51 minutes ago
- Serious question: why would Texas come ahead of NY? Can't think of attractions that even rival NYC alone. https://t.co/12W3P4sAYe 3 hours ago
- The @GametimeUnited app is a fantastic tool for negotiating with scampers. Real-time market data. https://t.co/A69hmb7DkG 3 hours ago
- #ux auto-correct dictionaries should have non-suggested but valid words so they don't correct fuck shit ass etc. 4 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.