I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bloomberg of all organizations should understand low N. bloomberg.com/news/articles/… 2 days ago
- Next steps: 1. Actively notify user 2. Modal for user to clear. 3. If not cleared, call 911. blog.cardiogr.am/my-apple-watch… 2 days ago
- In theory using a digital wallet should thwart this. But the issuers should also be looking for this. schneier.com/blog/archives/… 2 days ago
- Steep acquisition costs for Sapphire Reserve customers. Great consumer card, questionable value for chase. viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2016/12/06/jam… 2 days ago
- WN is far behind the rest of the industry in extracting revenue from travelers. This will have mixed effects. dallasnews.com/business/south… 3 days ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Why Netflix's split won't help with its real problems
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why Google's acquisition of Zagat matters
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: November 2007
In the last week or so, I’ve seen a few of our favorite geek topics appear in pop culture. Twitter provided key clues in CSI. The Simpsons finally got Tivo. Doonesbury featured Pandora. Tuesday’s Jeopardy! had as the Final Jeopardy! … Continue reading
Pictures from my trip to Lake Tahoe and Reno are online. Highlights of the trip were Emerald Bay, Virginia City and the National Automobile Museum in Reno. The museum is really the only thing in Reno I found worthwhile. Here … Continue reading
My friends who’ve seen me walk around with a GPS as I take pictures on vacation or hikes think I’m a little bit odd. But apparently, I’m not the only one. In the 15 months since Flickr officially supported geotagging, … Continue reading
Google’s latest changes to My Maps allows you to collaborate on personal maps with others in much the same way you can share a Google Document or Spreadsheet. You can also allow anyone to edit a map. Group editing is … Continue reading
Yup, that’s an Ethernet jack above the urinal. I saw this at my friend Kieran’s pub, The Local in Minneapolis. No, I didn’t try plugging in. Here’s what the jack is really used for.