I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Happy 50th birthday, @om. One of the valley's treasures. 12 hours ago
- Total cop out by @USATODAY. At least @dallasnews and @arizonarepublic had guts. usatoday.com/story/opinion/… 13 hours ago
- Apologies for all of those @englishpaulm tweets not being threaded. Twitter really needs an auto-thread mode, instead of current kludge. 13 hours ago
- "I think a lot of stuff we are designing is completely ludicrous." -@englishpaulm on engineers writing software for engineers. 14 hours ago
- "I didn't really work all that hard. I just worked in something that made a lot of money." @englishpaulm humility that is so rare in tech 14 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- So you're thinking about joining a startup...
- Technology's effects on our language
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: October 2007
My friend Jason ran in the Marine Corps Marathon yesterday. The marathon, like many races, uses a chip on runners’ shoes to track times. The Marine Corps Marathon also offered runner alerts: you could sign up before the race to … Continue reading
Crises force people to think differently. Faced with a rapidly moving story, media outlets in Southern California have done an outstanding job in adopting Web 2.0 tools to keep readers informed during the tragedy. SignOnSanDiego, the Web site of the … Continue reading
Very few occupations are constitutionally protected. Journalism is one of them. The first amendment says: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the … Continue reading
From the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, a book of pictures of London taken from a balloon. The book covers eight square miles.