I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I expected @espn demos to be predominately male. But not 94% male. espn.com/mediakit/resea… 15 minutes ago
- This is one reason many people hate media: a refusal to acknowledge errors. @AP goes to Trump school of PR. washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wem… 3 hours ago
- Never underestimate the Internet's desire to buy $1 for 75 cents. blog.onradpad.com/an-update-on-o… 3 hours ago
- This will be a huge improvement. Having old-style toll booths when you have all-electronic tolling makes no sense. sfexaminer.com/golden-gate-br… 4 hours ago
- Interesting payments strategy by @Kohls. Make credits card as flimsy and sticky as possible - much easier to lose. https://t.co/pYIjspFWcQ 8 hours ago
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: October 2007
My friend Jason ran in the Marine Corps Marathon yesterday. The marathon, like many races, uses a chip on runners’ shoes to track times. The Marine Corps Marathon also offered runner alerts: you could sign up before the race to … Continue reading
Crises force people to think differently. Faced with a rapidly moving story, media outlets in Southern California have done an outstanding job in adopting Web 2.0 tools to keep readers informed during the tragedy. SignOnSanDiego, the Web site of the … Continue reading
Very few occupations are constitutionally protected. Journalism is one of them. The first amendment says: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the … Continue reading
From the Anderson-Abruzzo Albuquerque International Balloon Museum, a book of pictures of London taken from a balloon. The book covers eight square miles.