I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for VentureBeat, TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @paulkrugman: So, four debates; four shout-outs by moderators to deficit scolds; not one question about climate change. It's really disg… 29 minutes ago
- A parking ticket for an expired meter in downtown SF costs $85. In Boston... https://t.co/3B8TMmPMuV 2 hours ago
- If trump is staying at trump Las Vegas, he is at the most mediocre 5-star property. Wynn, Venetian, Cosmo, Aria, Bellagio all way better. 15 hours ago
- The second most horrifying thing of the debate was Trump saying the work of 17 different agencies was irrelevant compared with his thoughts. 15 hours ago
- >50% of HBS grads I've worked with have tried to skate by purely on saying they went to HBS. Others are down right… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 15 hours ago
- 17 professions that benefit from bad drivers
- So you’re thinking about joining a startup…
- Use your client’s product (and your own)
- How technology created Trump
- What is art in the digital age?
- My experience with the Thin Blue Line
- The largest American brewer is…
- Link baiters need to read this before they lose their shirts
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- 10 ways hulu is better than a DVR
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: July 2007
It’s a sure sign that I’ve been spending a lot of time interviewing that when I saw the story about the guy who bought something at all 171 Starbucks in Manhattan in one day I turned it into an interview … Continue reading
PepsiCo is planning to clarify labels to tell consumers that its Aquafina water is actually bottled from public water supplies. According to the CNN story, the labels will be changed from “Bottled at the source P.W.S.” to “The Aquafina in … Continue reading
Yesterday was my travel day from hell. I arrived at National Airport around 11 to catch a noon flight to Philadelphia. Because of a ground stop at Philadelphia they pushed back the flight to 12:45. We boarded the bus toward … Continue reading
The Post’s Rob Pegoraro has a story this week on two products I’ll never buy. One is the Samsung Jitterbug, a feature-free cellphone. The other is the HP Printing Mailbox. It connects to a regular telephone line and prints emails … Continue reading
Upstart traffic measurement company Quantcast has released some impressive data on the effect of the Facebook platform on audience growth. The company measured pre- and post-Facebook platform usage on three popular companies: Slide, HOTorNOT and RockYou. All three have seen … Continue reading
I’ve seen many tries at personalization in the last decade. Most don’t work very well. Among the best personalization systems are Netflix’s and Amazon’s recommendations engines. There’s another to add to the list, and it comes from an unlikely source: … Continue reading