I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The @tsa confiscated my pants. http://t.co/LKNH0trZd0 1 day ago
- Potential excuses: @TSA confiscated my pants; shit, i was really sleepy this morning and didn't notice; I'm on TV, this is what we wear. 1 day ago
- FWIW, that's also how I do TV appearances when I'm at a remote camera. 1 day ago
- Dare from GF: Fly to London in business on @virginatlantic class wearing this, she will pay me $500. Who would do it? http://t.co/SLBljCFosq 1 day ago
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster Hence the name... 1 day ago
- China’s Ourpalm invests $2.3M in Garfield game maker Animoca Brands July 6, 2015
- Investors lower Samsung second-quarter expectations amid S6 doubts July 6, 2015
- The Backed Pack: Vufine gets its Glass geek on to view content July 5, 2015
- Nobody is listening and nobody cares July 5, 2015
- Coming to Minecraft: New Ender Dragon, dual-wielding, redstone for Pocket Edition, Windows 10 beta July 5, 2015
- The social CMO: How social data empowers CMOs beyond branding and buzz July 5, 2015
- Telco, device-maker, ad network alliances will make for better app discovery July 5, 2015
- Open edX: The open source learning management system for corporations and non-profits July 5, 2015
- Amazon Web Services: This generation’s Berlin Wall tear-down deflationary event July 5, 2015
- Tesla is at another crossroads July 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Category Archives: yahoo
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading