I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 21 hours ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 1 day ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 1 day ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 1 day ago
- RT @Chris_DL: New version of BBC News Headlines for @Pebble in color, with timeline! New design will also be available on Aplite. http://t.… 2 days ago
- Qualtré Appoints Two New Vice Presidents, Continues Expansion March 30, 2015
- Amazon takes on TaskRabbit with new home services platform for gardening, goat-grazing, and more March 30, 2015
- Handy sweeps up $15M to grow its home maintenance platform, hires Tumblr VP as new CTO March 30, 2015
- Sony’s Spotify-powered music-streaming service lands on PlayStation today, no paid-subscription required March 30, 2015
- Apple CEO Tim Cook writes op-ed blasting anti-LGBT bills in Indiana and other states March 30, 2015
- DDoS attack on GitHub ‘has evolved’ as battle with Chinese hackers enters fourth day March 30, 2015
- Stubhub files lawsuit against Ticketmaster and the Golden State Warriors over monopolistic practices March 30, 2015
- Goodgame Studios quietly becomes one of Germany’s biggest game companies March 30, 2015
- A new system tracks which ads coaxed your feet to walk into that store March 30, 2015
- Microsoft announces Halo 5 coming Oct. 27 in live-action TV commercial March 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Google gets mobile - Gmail goes beyond WAP
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
March 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: yahoo
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading