I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Twitter feature I want most: ability to search bios of all my followees and followers. 19 hours ago
- iPhone 6s users: peeking at an email should mark it read. Yeah/nea? 19 hours ago
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 5 days ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 5 days ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 5 days ago
- New York Times issues free daily digital passes for those who buy the publication from newsstands October 13, 2015
- Appboy expands on its suite of mobile analytics and marketing tools, building mobile CRM from the ground up October 13, 2015
- Russia’s Yandex teams up with Microsoft for Windows 10 October 13, 2015
- The Toshiba DynaPad is a Windows 10 hybrid that wants to ‘reinvent pen and paper’ October 13, 2015
- Optimizely raises a fresh $58M to expand content testing platform amid rapid growth October 13, 2015
- Big data security startup DataVisor takes on $14.5M October 13, 2015
- Google thinks it’s found Asia’s ‘top beauty creators’ on YouTube October 13, 2015
- Salesforce Ventures plans to invest $100M in European enterprise startups October 13, 2015
- China’s second-largest ecommerce company just arrived in Silicon Valley October 13, 2015
- Dropbox and Adobe team up to make ‘working with PDFs simple’ October 13, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Because manholes are round
- Facebook platform gets Journal ink
Category Archives: yahoo
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading