I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Watch an Entire Flight Sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to Disabled Little Girl | Mediaite mediaite.com/online/watch-a… via @garyleff 3 hours ago
- A stay-at-home parent on the upsides (and challenges) of distributed work | redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/don… 3 hours ago
- RT @redesignmobile: The @AmericanExpress Centurion lounge in Vegas is a hit with adults and kids redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/the… 11 hours ago
- Amex tries to reinvent the airport lounge | redesign | mobile by @robpegoraro redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/red… 11 hours ago
- RT @vmarks: #retail looks like target is trying to roll out the EMV update @rakeshlobster @BrianRoemmele #target http://t.co/yAf3mfNRhq 12 hours ago
- In tech? Keep your friends close and your enemies closer May 6, 2015
- Mobile, augmented reality games set to become dominant market forces by 2018 May 6, 2015
- Why you should stop giving your customers to Facebook May 6, 2015
- Microsoft says it has no plans to open-source its new Edge browser … yet May 6, 2015
- Microsoft introduces Azure DNS in public preview, expanding its cloud capabilities May 5, 2015
- New Apple ResearchKit apps would ask users to submit personal DNA data, report says May 5, 2015
- U.S. Treasury slaps virtual currency startup Ripple with $700K fine May 5, 2015
- Peruse is a new natural-language search tool for your Dropbox and Box files May 5, 2015
- Apple said to lack key label agreements just weeks from subscription music launch May 5, 2015
- Google invests in AppScale Systems to drive compatibility with App Engine May 5, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
May 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: yahoo
Seen over the weekend: ads for bing and Yahoo! on Google search results for “Michael Jackson”. The bing ad led to bing’s xRank page for Michael Jackson. The Yahoo! ad bizarrely led to a Yahoo! shopping results page for Michael … Continue reading
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Tellmes know how to throw a great party. The annual St. Patrick’s Day party was a jolly good time. Colleagues from Microsoft’s Silicon Valley campus joined us in the courtyard for limerick and mashed potato sculpting contests. The winning sculpture? … Continue reading