I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Periscope feed spam already. http://t.co/lVJ8okPhSx 3 hours ago
- Other plus of @StarwoodBuzz keyless: app shows room number. I always forget mine or confuse with last hotel. 7 hours ago
- Kind of cool being able to use my iPhone to open door at @WHotels. http://t.co/kRZjhhWuJL 8 hours ago
- Early adopter distortion: I'm following more on periscope than are following me. Vastly different from twitter ratio. 9 hours ago
- When you use Google Maps they now pull up info derived from your email. In this case, hotel reservation info. http://t.co/RoxLu4JJtq 9 hours ago
- Martech, meet salestech: HubSpot’s acquisition of Rekindle pushes marketing automation out to sales March 27, 2015
- You can now buy HTC’s new flagship smartphone online — if you live in the U.S. March 27, 2015
- Talk of biotech bubble rattles Wall Street March 27, 2015
- Here’s how Sling TV, sports streaming, and standalone services will impact pay-TV March 27, 2015
- Facebook announces Nuclide, an open-source IDE based on GitHub’s Atom text editor March 27, 2015
- Pebble’s new smartwatch hits $20M in Kickstarter preorders March 26, 2015
- Playstudios recruits Shaquille O’Neal to pump up its social casino games March 26, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 26, 2015
- Microsoft acquires and shutters PowerPoint collaboration startup LiveLoop (confirmed) March 26, 2015
- With Alibaba shares spun off, Yahoo shifts focus to its own stock price March 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- My technology adoption history
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
March 2015 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: wireless data
Location-based services have been hampered by the balkanization of carrier networks and a focus on mobile-only implementations. LocPoke, a new Facebook application, is a promising alternative. I’ve written before about WHERE, a location service platform that has offered GPS-based location … Continue reading
Sprint has released an enhanced version of its search that allows users to tap into their phone’s location when doing searches. The search feature is powered by Microsoft’s Live Search. The first time user experience isn’t exactly intuitive. When doing … Continue reading
AOL today released its new beta of mobile search. Congratulations to rockstar developer Alan Tai and product manager Farhan Memon. Alan did much of the initial prototyping on his own time while we worked to get approval. I pushed the … Continue reading