I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mblumenthal: @rakeshlobster Great question. Problem is Nokia sucks as much as TeleAtlas fixing stuff. Some signs of improve, not enough… 1 week ago
- Who is Nokia Here most valuable to? Apple, Uber, Facebook... ? @mblumenthal 1 week ago
- A Call for New Type of Mapping Platform ... Fun day dreaming. Google is best positioned to provide this. theinformation.com/A-Call-for-New… 1 week ago
- RT @MaxCRoser: What the History of Camera Sales Looks Like with Smartphones Included (Source: bit.ly/1EqUYC7) http://t.co/Esaxx1D7… 1 week ago
- RT @RakeshAgrawal: What Uber is killing (it's not the taxi industry) detroitnews.com/story/opinion/… via @reillybrennan http://t.co/XG5BddZ8nU 1 week ago
- OnePlus One hits Malaysia exclusively with Maxis network, goes on sale in-store for first time ever April 21, 2015
- Google’s Mobilegeddon: Everything you need to know April 21, 2015
- Chinese and Russians team up to help startups at Skolkovo high-tech park April 21, 2015
- Google brings Street View to Loch Ness April 21, 2015
- HBO is wooing millennials, but legal didn’t get the memo April 21, 2015
- The top 3 qualities of a great data scientist April 21, 2015
- Slack brings its app to the Apple Watch (video) April 20, 2015
- CenturyLink is acquiring cloud-database startup Orchestrate April 20, 2015
- Kabam restructures to focus only on the biggest mobile game hits April 20, 2015
- Comcast’s trump card in TWC merger case is bullcrap April 20, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
April 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: web 2
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading