I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Why an iPhone 7 without a headphone jack should not surprise you November 29, 2015
- Don’t knock low-margin startups November 29, 2015
- How YPlan is building a $1B business on helping you have fun November 29, 2015
- The Pepsi Phone may not reach its crowdfunding goal November 29, 2015
- What is it with electric cars and Star Wars Stormtroopers anyway? November 29, 2015
- How to protect your startup from copycats November 29, 2015
- PlayStation Network is down and Sony is working to fix it (update) November 29, 2015
- Amazon app will reportedly show up on Apple TV in a few weeks November 29, 2015
- What’s wrong with London’s tech industry? November 28, 2015
- Receipts data: 7-inch Amazon Fire tablet, not iPad, won Black Friday November 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- There are only two deal companies that matter: Facebook and Google
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don't want it? Get your money back
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
November 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: web 2
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading