I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Wow. @hillferguson out at paypal. A big loss of consumer behavior expertise. 30 minutes ago
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 1 day ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 1 day ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 2 days ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 4 days ago
- Apple reportedly exploring creation of original video content August 31, 2015
- This accessory makes the Apple Watch an old-timey pocket watch August 31, 2015
- Samsung officially announces the Gear S2 smartwatch August 31, 2015
- Will the new Apple TV lure gamers away from consoles? August 31, 2015
- Google+ brings Collections to its iOS app in latest update August 31, 2015
- Everything announced at VMworld 2015 so far August 31, 2015
- Institutions don’t have needs — people do August 31, 2015
- Smartwatch game developer Everywear closes $2.25M funding round August 31, 2015
- VMware announces EVO SDDC software suite with SDDC Manager, Hardware Management Services August 31, 2015
- Apple and Cisco partner to make wireless fast lanes for iPhones in the workplace August 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Note: I write about economics and finance. The obnoxious billionaire has some good ideas. Campaign finance reform. This is the root cause of much of the problems in the United States. Citizens United is a cancer on democracy. Trump is … Continue reading
A friend asked me about investments recently after moving jobs. My recommendation was to invest all her retirement assets into a target date fund and avoid individual stocks. But she wanted to feel like she was playing in the market … Continue reading
A friend asked me to take a look at her IRA with Chase. I couldn’t believe how horrible the products she was sold were. Here is some quick info to help you make better investment decisions. If your IRA is … Continue reading
As someone who lives in SF, I spend a lot of time trying various startups. Here’s a quick summary. Highly recommended Uber Shyp Others I’ve looked at Swapbox Caviar Homejoy Pending wash.io
Following up on my genius people list, here’s a quick list of products I love. Evernote – The popular note taking tool serves as not only my repository of personal notes, but an intranet of sorts for redesign mobile. Evernote … Continue reading
One of my favorite things about what I do is the opportunity to meet some brilliant people. It seems that every week I meet someone who I’d consider a genius. If you ever have the opportunity for a meeting with … Continue reading
As I’m ramping up redesign | mobile, I’ve been looking at how I use Twitter. I’m trying to find the optimal mix of providing interesting, engaging content while also devoting the attention that my company needs. A few thoughts on … Continue reading