I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @trengriffin: People who try to explain market price changes by naming a single factor crack me up. mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKC… Markets are … 4 hours ago
- RT @Techmeme: PayPal launches Commerce, a toolkit for integrating buy buttons into apps, in closed beta techcrunch.com/2016/02/11/pay… https://t.c… 8 hours ago
- RT @rdoddala: Facebook wants what twitter's got and twitter wants what facebook's got! https://t.co/hPerpfpgSw 9 hours ago
- RT @digiphile: .@Facebook prompted me about #DemDebate with a hashtag. cc @chrismessina youtube.com/watch?v=o56pLq… https://t.co/UWXrLsJ0Dl 9 hours ago
- As much as I love my @amazonecho , it is invaluable to those with disabilities. Especially when paired with home automation. 9 hours ago
- Viral all-star OK Go picks Facebook over YouTube to launch new music video February 12, 2016
- BitTorrent launches $4.95 annual subscription to remove ads from uTorrent February 12, 2016
- 7 marketing hacks to roar through the downturn February 12, 2016
- Google self-driving car effort expands hiring, posts manufacturing jobs February 12, 2016
- January 2016 NPD: Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto top sales chart with few new releases February 11, 2016
- Pandora refuses to comment on rumors of sale February 11, 2016
- PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox One at U.S. retailers in January February 11, 2016
- Call of Duty saw double-digit growth in 2015, now has more players than ever before February 11, 2016
- Destiny sequel launches in 2017 after ‘large new expansion’ drops this year February 11, 2016
- Despite strong Call of Duty growth, Activision Blizzard fails to beat expectations in holiday quarter February 11, 2016
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Because manholes are round
- The chart every member of Congress should see
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Why I like the American Express approach to offers
February 2016 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Assuming that they are the market. Unless you’re designing a product for affluent people who work in tech in the Bay Area and use 27″ screens with the latest hardware, chances are that your product will not work in the mass market. For … Continue reading
Two-button mice Multitasking phone Third-party apps (App Store) Small tablets (iPad mini) Streaming music services (Apple Music) Third-party keyboards (iOS 8) NFC (Apple Pay) Styli (Apple Pencil) Have more? Tweet them to @rakeshlobster.
A friend asked me about investments recently after moving jobs. My recommendation was to invest all her retirement assets into a target date fund and avoid individual stocks. But she wanted to feel like she was playing in the market … Continue reading
A friend asked me to take a look at her IRA with Chase. I couldn’t believe how horrible the products she was sold were. Here is some quick info to help you make better investment decisions. If your IRA is … Continue reading
As someone who lives in SF, I spend a lot of time trying various startups. Here’s a quick summary. Highly recommended Uber Shyp Others I’ve looked at Swapbox Caviar Homejoy Pending wash.io
Following up on my genius people list, here’s a quick list of products I love. Evernote – The popular note taking tool serves as not only my repository of personal notes, but an intranet of sorts for redesign mobile. Evernote … Continue reading