I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #payments #travel quiz why did I rearrange my wallet for my trip today? http://t.co/rYvdSH1Eji 1 hour ago
- My @united club lifetime membership has been greatly devalued by @AmericanExpress 1 hour ago
- The @AmericanAir lounges charge for candy; @AmericanExpress offers gourmet meals, nice wine and fresh squeezed OJ for free 1 hour ago
- As @AmericanExpress expands it lounge network there will be no reason for anyone to buy memberships for crappy @united @american lounges. 1 hour ago
- Probably goes without saying but the @AmericanExpress centurion lounge is infinitely better than the @united lounges. http://t.co/5vL1FfL0gk 1 hour ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- The economics of LivingSocial/Whole Foods-like deals
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I hate non-apology “apologies,” so let me make this simple: I’m sorry. I especially apologize again to Ms. Smedley. The reality is that a lot of things went wrong that week. If one email, one phone call, one meeting had gone … Continue reading
It seems to me there’s been a death of nuanced thought. Or at least a death of nuance in public discourse. You’re either with us or against us. Some things are purely good and some things are purely evil. But … Continue reading
This must be a bad week for PR. In the payments industry, Square put out a stupid blog post listing all the reasons why someone might want to worry about the company. That was topped by the pitch below. It should … Continue reading
A friend posted this on Facebook: My suggestion for how to honor Robin William’s passing: Skip watching his movie clips and reach out to a friend or family member who may be in a bad place/suffering from depression. As someone … Continue reading
I’ve been quite active behind the scenes with some angel investments and building up the team for redesignmobile. A big part of that has been having deep conversations where I ask questions about what they want to do and they … Continue reading
You’ll often see me retweet the racism that is directed my way. Why do I bother? Because I think it’s important to be reminded that racism still exists, even though SCOTUS and Fox News like to pretend that we’re in … Continue reading