I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #ux how would you improve this @United Apple watch experience. http://t.co/z9DOIImQIu 6 hours ago
- A reminder that your Instagram photos aren’t really yours: Someone else can sell them for $90,000 washingtonpost.com/blogs/style-bl… 1 day ago
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 2 days ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 2 days ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 2 days ago
- Google acquires mobile app performance startup Pulse.io May 29, 2015
- Here’s what mobile brings to enthusiast communities and influencer marketing May 29, 2015
- Google still has a lot of work ahead to win in mobile ads May 29, 2015
- Forget about credit cards and cash, Google is making payments Hands Free May 29, 2015
- Crowdfunding down the drain: The great Title IV hoax May 29, 2015
- LifeImage pulls in $17.5M for medical imaging network May 29, 2015
- Android Pay will support 13 financial institutions at launch in the U.S. May 28, 2015
- Google wants to break Facebook’s stranglehold on photos May 28, 2015
- Apple patents bizarre augmented reality display that you can see through May 28, 2015
- Google Photos goes live on the Web — this is how it looks May 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
May 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: Uncategorized
As someone who lives in SF, I spend a lot of time trying various startups. Here’s a quick summary. Highly recommended Uber Shyp Others I’ve looked at Swapbox Caviar Homejoy Pending wash.io
Following up on my genius people list, here’s a quick list of products I love. Evernote – The popular note taking tool serves as not only my repository of personal notes, but an intranet of sorts for redesign mobile. Evernote … Continue reading
One of my favorite things about what I do is the opportunity to meet some brilliant people. It seems that every week I meet someone who I’d consider a genius. If you ever have the opportunity for a meeting with … Continue reading
As I’m ramping up redesign | mobile, I’ve been looking at how I use Twitter. I’m trying to find the optimal mix of providing interesting, engaging content while also devoting the attention that my company needs. A few thoughts on … Continue reading
This must be a bad week for PR. In the payments industry, Square put out a stupid blog post listing all the reasons why someone might want to worry about the company. That was topped by the pitch below. It should … Continue reading
A friend posted this on Facebook: My suggestion for how to honor Robin William’s passing: Skip watching his movie clips and reach out to a friend or family member who may be in a bad place/suffering from depression. As someone … Continue reading
I’ve been quite active behind the scenes with some angel investments and building up the team for redesignmobile. A big part of that has been having deep conversations where I ask questions about what they want to do and they … Continue reading