I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mindykaling: Sri Srinivasan, happy Valentines Day! 3 hours ago
- Ok, can trump supporters name 1? twitter.com/rdoddala/statu… 17 hours ago
- I wonder how many trump supporters could name 3 justices on SCOTUS. 18 hours ago
- I can't wait to hear whom Trump would nominate. I'm sure he'd be huuuuuuuge. Best nomination ever. 18 hours ago
- Scalia was confirmed with a unanimous vote. Fat chance of that happening in today's climate. 20 hours ago
- Intelligent assistant landscape shows slow growth but huge potential February 14, 2016
- Are you nailing every customer touchpoint? If not, you’re failing February 14, 2016
- Think VR is about to explode? Be prepared to wait February 14, 2016
- Why Zynga founder Marc Pincus is confident about the former juggernaut’s turnaround February 14, 2016
- Tomb Raider writer Rhianna Pratchett paves a new way for female heroes February 14, 2016
- Here’s what the future of bitcoin looks like — and it’s bright February 14, 2016
- These 3 things are trying to kill Linux containers February 14, 2016
- Nice, the high-performance computing company Amazon just acquired, has a heck of a customer list February 14, 2016
- Chris Milk’s startup Vrse is slowly building a collection of the top VR video around February 14, 2016
- Locate this! The battle for app-specific maps February 14, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- MovieBeam's (sort of) video on demand
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Getting out of your cell phone contract for free
February 2016 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Category Archives: television
Today’s announcement by Netflix of changes to its longrunning service will do little to solve the very significant challenge in front of Netflix streaming: content licensing. In his blog post, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings compared his company’s challenges to those … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading
Netflix is edging a step closer to its name with a test of streaming only service in the United States. The new offering allows users to purchase a net-only subscription for $7.99 a month. Adding DVD rentals is an option … Continue reading
This year has seen the biggest push yet to bring the Internet (or parts of it) to the biggest screen in the house. The newly revamped Apple TV started arriving in stores and homes last week. Logitech is announcing the … Continue reading
Last week, Google announced Google TV, a product that marries the Web with TV. It’s a product category that I’ve been excited about for several years. But creating new product categories is hard. Retail is hard. Doing both together is … Continue reading
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading