I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A fun unicorn book for my tech following. amazon.com/gp/product/147… via @amazon 21 minutes ago
- Even as % of sales since IPO, Bezos has done really well -- 7.5%, on a company that has barely eked out a profit. 38 minutes ago
- $AMZN cumulative profit since IPO: $1.9B on $400B in sales. Bezos net worth: $30B. So Bezos has made 15x what $AMZN has made. 1 hour ago
- RT @jasonmcminn: Octopus in HK is what Apple Pay should be in US - no pin, no cash back prompt, no trans slow down @rakeshlobster http://t.… 15 hours ago
- RT @leonardspeiser: Apple's $18 billion in earnings this quarter shattered the previous high-water mark of $15.9 billion set in 2012 by Exx… 16 hours ago
- PHP developers, take note: Zend Server 8 arrives on the Amazon cloud January 29, 2015
- RunKeeper and Spotify team up to let you play your music without switching apps January 29, 2015
- Tim Draper expands Draper University with addition of Draper Ecosystem January 29, 2015
- Live-Bet sports app lets you bet on the next play in a football game January 29, 2015
- AppLift unveils DataLift to automate user acquisition January 29, 2015
- Publishing analytics platform Parse.ly reinvents itself to keep up with the industry January 29, 2015
- Absolutdata unveils ‘new category’ tool for what to do after you identify likely customers January 29, 2015
- Imgur now lets you create your own animated GIFs from any online video January 29, 2015
- Alibaba blasts Chinese government over report that accused company of ‘illegal business practices’ January 29, 2015
- COR-003 Phase 3 Study Protocol to be Presented at ENDO 2015: The Endocrine Society’s 97th Annual Meeting & Expo January 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Thoughts on service startups
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Technology's effects on our language
Category Archives: microsoft
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading