I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 1 week ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 1 week ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Android is only a band-aid for what ails BlackBerry November 24, 2015
- Vine launches on the Apple Watch November 24, 2015
- Watch Google test a Project Loon balloon in sub-zero environments November 24, 2015
- WordPress creator Matt Mullenweg breaks down the blogging platform’s biggest overhaul in years November 24, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place November 24, 2015
- Burner’s new developer tool lets you control your smart home by text November 24, 2015
- Type ‘a long time ago in a galaxy far far away’ into Google for a fun Easter egg November 24, 2015
- Marmalade platform now offers Leadbolt app monetization services to developers November 24, 2015
- Clarisite raises $5.5M for international expansion, appoints new CEO November 24, 2015
- Here’s hoping Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg will start the overdue paternity-leave revolution November 24, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Packaged pani puri as progress
- Can you understand me now?
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- How not to design an ATM
November 2015 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: microsoft
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading