I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Five mistakes that product managers make | Rakesh Agrawal's blog blog.agrawals.org/2015/10/05/fiv… @uber @airbnb @nextdoor get it right. 18 hours ago
- Scariest words to tech companies: "San Francisco public hearing". twitter.com/maxrogo/status… 18 hours ago
- Hey Ads, People Are Just Not That Into You - WSJ wsj.com/articles/hey-a… Internet advertising is the classic tragedy of the commons v/@mdudas 19 hours ago
- Great stuff from @semil on seed investing // via @hunterwalk blog.semilshah.com/2015/10/04/ref… 19 hours ago
- DriveNow to Suspend Operations in SF Bay Area us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=984409c0f17… Idiocy of SF city government in action. DN was huge innovation. 19 hours ago
- Internet of Things to be used in 1.9B devices by 2020 October 6, 2015
- Introducing Stephen Kleckner, our new games-gadgets writer October 6, 2015
- Upvoted is Reddit’s new standalone site for original content, and it’s live now October 6, 2015
- Steve Jobs’ management legacy at Apple can be glimpsed in recently disclosed SEC letters October 6, 2015
- Fuse opens up its app creation tool to help developers and designers collaborate October 6, 2015
- Google Domains adds 90 new top-level domains, custom email addresses October 6, 2015
- Windows 10 is now installed on over 110 million devices October 6, 2015
- GamesBeat 2015 addresses how to play the branding game right October 6, 2015
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book: 13.5-inch laptop starting at $1,499 October 6, 2015
- Dice Summit to focus on the art of engaging players October 6, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
Category Archives: microsoft
Google announced yesterday that it has added more detail on its maps, highlighting businesses and landmarks. They even solved the Albert Einstein Memorial problem that I wrote about last year. Businesses and landmarks are important because they make maps more … Continue reading
Yesterday marked my one year anniversary at Tellme. I spent the day where I started a year earlier: at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas. Coincidentally, Ford officially announced its next generation of SYNC, which incorporates Tellme services. It’s … Continue reading
Om Malik asks on his blog whether VOIP is dead or alive. It’s an interesting question and the answer is very different depending on how you define VOIP. Many people associate VOIP with cheap voice calls using the Internet. This … Continue reading
A friend asked me today “Does one Bear Stearns bailout equal the entire newspaper industry?” I decided to find out. Although there isn’t a clear answer, I was surprised by how small the newspaper industry is. Here are the market … Continue reading
Google’s Panoramio has launched one of the most exciting advances in online pictures since flickr added geotagging. A new “Look around” feature shows you when pictures are available from other angles. In the screenshot below, you can see the dome … Continue reading