I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 1 day ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 1 day ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 1 day ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 2 days ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 2 days ago
- Russia’s Kaspersky threatened to ‘rub out’ rival, email shows August 29, 2015
- LinkedIn acquires predictive marketing firm Fliptop to boost its Sales Solutions offering August 29, 2015
- Yep, gameplay video shows Lawbreakers is a CliffyB shooter August 29, 2015
- U.S. International Trade Commission clears Microsoft of patent infringement August 29, 2015
- Apple Watch is disrupting the ‘Interruption Economy’ August 28, 2015
- Uber hires Jeep-hacking security researchers to improve car technology August 28, 2015
- Alleged PlayStation Network, Xbox Live cyberattackers arrested by U.K. law enforcement August 28, 2015
- Search startup Qbox raises $2.4M to develop a front end for non-technical users August 28, 2015
- Data-driven marketing: With new solutions come new challenges August 28, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the PlayStation 4’s biggest multiplayer beta August 28, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Donald Trump is right
- Groupon resource page
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
Category Archives: media
In the most recent round of AP getting in a huff about search engines and aggregators stealing traffic that they feel rightly belongs to them, there’s a fundamental problem they’re ignoring: AP chose not be in the online news business. … Continue reading
American newspapers are in trouble. So far this year, the Rocky Mountain News and the Seattle Post-Intelligencer have shuttered their presses. Tribune is in bankruptcy. My first employer, the Star Tribune in Minneapolis, is also there. Publishers have threatened to … Continue reading
This picture should send shivers down the spines of executives at USA Today headquarters in McLean, Va. For at least as long as I’ve been traveling for business (13 years and counting), a USA Today in front of the hotel … Continue reading
I read two thought-provoking pieces this week on the decline of newspapers from voices outside the newspaper business and one Really Dumb Idea from a voice on the inside. Author Clay Shirky, Newspapers and Thinking the Unthinkable: When someone demands … Continue reading
I recently wrote 10 reasons why hulu is better than a DVR. Here are six advantages that DVRs have over hulu. You get higher quality video. If you have an HD source, chances are the video quality on your DVR … Continue reading