I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 1 day ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 1 day ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 2 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 2 days ago
- 3 reasons natural-language tech has more potential than you think August 1, 2015
- It’s time for marketers to adapt to vertical videos July 31, 2015
- Boston’s best CMO fired from HubSpot: allegedly tried to obtain Dan Lyons’ tell-all book July 31, 2015
- Y Combinator-backed Shotput helps fulfill product orders at a price that works for startups July 31, 2015
- Why the Ashley Madison hack could pose a national security risk July 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 31, 2015
- Facebook tweaks its News Feed for the ‘small group of people’ who actively hide posts July 31, 2015
- Yahoo will acquire the social shopping site Polyvore July 31, 2015
- Attention, shoppers: Shopping with a store app means you’ll visit more and stay longer July 31, 2015
- Mobile telematic startup Driveway puts $10M in its glove compartment July 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Category Archives: marketing
I had an interesting Twitter exchange this morning with Milk and Honey Spa in Austin, who recently started following me. Have you run a Groupon or daily deal? No. The economics have never worked out and risk to brand has been … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Groupon announced a shift from its approach of the same deal for all email subscribers in a market to personalized deals in select cities. CEO Andrew Mason says that there is a backlog of 35,000 businesses waiting to be featured … Continue reading
In recent months, we’ve seen daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social grow like crazy. Groupon is valued at $1.35 billion. That’s more than 4x the valuation of the McClatchy Company, one of the country’s largest newspaper publishers. It … Continue reading