I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- ATM card broken so I had to go into a BofA branch to withdraw cash. What an awful experience. 1 hour ago
- SF-Based Startup Chefs Feed Hopes To Be The Anti-Yelp: SFist sfist.com/2015/02/26/sf-… 3 hours ago
- iTunes and AOL end their love affair | Cult of Mac cultofmac.com/313249/itunes-… 4 hours ago
- RT @adambain: How Much Is a Tweet Worth to Studios? $560 at the Box Office variety.com/2015/digital/n… 5 hours ago
- RT @hunterwalk: “Harsh reality is, if you have trouble hiring, the problem isn’t w the market, it’s w you” medium.com/@hunterwalk… http://t… 5 hours ago
- GameStop continues diversifying by picking up 163 RadioShack locations to sell phones February 27, 2015
- A handy scale for understanding what pageviews actually mean February 27, 2015
- Facebook explains when employees can access your account without your password February 27, 2015
- Google ditches concrete for flexible structures in new HQ proposal February 27, 2015
- Marketing Tech: Which tools provide the biggest return — and which are a waste of money? (webinar) February 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Valve has VR plans, net neutrality, and Nvidia’s cloud gaming plans February 27, 2015
- Exploring the lessons of the Exploding Kittens $8M crowdfunding campaign February 27, 2015
- After Superfish scandal, Lenovo vows less bloatware and to be ‘leader in cleaner, safer PCs’ February 27, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place February 27, 2015
- The DeanBeat: The promise and the peril of virtual reality February 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading