I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @mblumenthal: @rakeshlobster Great question. Problem is Nokia sucks as much as TeleAtlas fixing stuff. Some signs of improve, not enough… 5 days ago
- Who is Nokia Here most valuable to? Apple, Uber, Facebook... ? @mblumenthal 5 days ago
- A Call for New Type of Mapping Platform ... Fun day dreaming. Google is best positioned to provide this. theinformation.com/A-Call-for-New… 5 days ago
- RT @MaxCRoser: What the History of Camera Sales Looks Like with Smartphones Included (Source: bit.ly/1EqUYC7) http://t.co/Esaxx1D7… 5 days ago
- RT @RakeshAgrawal: What Uber is killing (it's not the taxi industry) detroitnews.com/story/opinion/… via @reillybrennan http://t.co/XG5BddZ8nU 6 days ago
- The Backed Pack: A VPN secure box, a comfortable keyboard, & a clever waking solution April 18, 2015
- 5 things to do if you let a customer down April 18, 2015
- The Pirate Bay opens up registration to new users, months after coming back online April 18, 2015
- Startups, prioritize growth (but not at the expense of profitability) April 18, 2015
- WhatsApp now has 800M monthly active users April 18, 2015
- Wallet Wars: The fight to dominate payments is just beginning April 18, 2015
- We’re not talking about what VR is doing to our eyes … and our brains April 18, 2015
- We just got a closer look at Microsoft Office 2016, and here are the features we like April 18, 2015
- Sickweather Apple Watch app puts a ‘Geiger counter for sickness’ on your wrist April 17, 2015
- What to Think, Ep. 50: Obama for America nerds take to mobile commerce April 17, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Could YouTube have come from a large company?
April 2015 M T W T F S S « Jan 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading