I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The best move Apple could make in local is to acquire @foursquare. 1 hour ago
- Delivery Start-Ups Face Road Bumps in Quest to Capture Untapped Market great piece by @MikeIsaac mobile.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/tec… 1 hour ago
- Tie two rocks together? twitter.com/perryevans/sta… 1 hour ago
- RT @chamath: The slow motion train wreck lurches forward: Marc Andreessen Apologizes After Facebook Disavows India Comments https://t.co/yP… 1 hour ago
- Great response from @finkd to @pmarca and @BenedictEvans. facebook.com/zuck/posts/101… Would love to see @sundarpichai weigh in here. 1 day ago
- January 2016 NPD: Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto top sales chart with few new releases February 11, 2016
- Pandora refuses to comment on rumors of sale February 11, 2016
- PlayStation 4 outsold Xbox One at U.S. retailers in January February 11, 2016
- Call of Duty saw double-digit growth in 2015, now has more players than ever before February 11, 2016
- Destiny sequel launches in 2017 after ‘large new expansion’ drops this year February 11, 2016
- Despite strong Call of Duty growth, Activision Blizzard fails to beat expectations in holiday quarter February 11, 2016
- Ocugen Expands Ophthalmology Portfolio February 11, 2016
- An Xbox One player is worth more to Ubisoft than a PlayStation 4 owner February 11, 2016
- Google is reportedly building a standalone VR headset, no smartphone required February 11, 2016
- Facebook is testing SMS integration in Messenger on Android, launches multiple account support February 11, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- More bad news for newspapers: hotels going green
February 2016 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading