I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 9 hours ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 10 hours ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 15 hours ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 2 days ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 2 days ago
- Japan’s top-grossing mobile game Monster Strike pulled from Apple app store (Update: back up) August 30, 2015
- Minecraft creator has existential meltdown on Twitter, then gets stung by Jellyfish August 30, 2015
- The next iPhone: The new features we expect to see September 9 August 30, 2015
- Ashley Madison courted several buyers, landed none before attack August 29, 2015
- New photos reportedly show Apple iPhone 6S Force Touch screen and larger front camera August 29, 2015
- The drone revolution: How unmanned aerial vehicles will transform the economy August 29, 2015
- Until Dawn gets its first bug-fix update August 29, 2015
- ArenaNet makes Guild Wars 2 free as it preps paid Heart of Thorns expansion August 29, 2015
- How to know when your startup is ready to acquire its first company August 29, 2015
- Apple reportedly threatens $20M suit if Drake video stream appears on Tidal August 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading