I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- redesign | transport: Brilliant move by @metromile to offer special @Uber insurance redesignmobile.com/2015/01/30/red… 30 minutes ago
- Answer to redesign | twitter: What is wrong with this Twitter interface redesignmobile.com/2015/01/30/red… 1 hour ago
- Parking meters are a killer use case for Apple pay. Current solutions like @Parkmobile and @pay_by_phone are usability disasters. 16 hours ago
- Apple Pay: Coming To 200,000 Vending Machines And Parking Meters businessinsider.com/apple-pay-comi… 16 hours ago
- #ux what is wrong with this interface? http://t.co/HKajemG3Dg 16 hours ago
- With virtual reality blowing up, first VR accelerator unveils initial 13 startups January 30, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: EA stock surges, Xbox Live problems, and Dragon’s Dogma is going online January 30, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place January 30, 2015
- Robots, deep learning in the spotlight at startup event January 30, 2015
- The DeanBeat: Picking up poop and bonding at events that celebrate gaming January 30, 2015
- Oculus Super Bowl party could be the future of social sports broadcasting January 30, 2015
- Frank Gibeau explains how EA Mobile generated almost $500M in revenue in 2014 January 30, 2015
- OpenX Ranked #1 for the Second Consecutive Month in Inventory Quality in Pixalate Global Seller Trust Index for Real Time Bidding January 30, 2015
- Knight Foundation ponies up $3M for projects that ‘leverage libraries as a platform’ January 30, 2015
- Mobile-advertising data company Fiksu introduces new products to help marketers January 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading