I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Cool new trick from Google local. This is what you can do when you have meaningful data - unlike Yelp techcrunch.com/2015/07/28/goo… via @hunterwalk 8 hours ago
- If I invented a drinking game for investor calls, the trigger word would be "color." 9 hours ago
- Trade from earlier today. PUT (YELP) YELP INC FEB 19 16 $29 @NRellas 10 hours ago
- Must-read piece on the service economy and 1099 vs. W2 by @ellenhuet forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 12 hours ago
- “There’s an adverse selection to high discount — it’s maybe not sending the right message” forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 12 hours ago
- PSN is down once again for gamers on Sony consoles July 29, 2015
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: The browser that will finally kill IE July 29, 2015
- How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files July 29, 2015
- Chinese government official urges country’s developers to expand worldwide July 29, 2015
- Pitney Bowes Accelerator Program Inducts Four Startups in India and Names Two More to the Accelerator Collaboration Program July 29, 2015
- Cortana on Windows 10: Your PC gets a personal assistant July 29, 2015
- Windows 10 gaming team explains what you can expect from the new OS July 29, 2015
- Review: 10 days with Windows 10 July 29, 2015
- Nokia reveals the Ozo virtual reality camera with 8 shutter sensors and 8 microphones July 29, 2015
- Why millennial entrepreneurs should scare you July 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Touch-and-go credit card payments
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Category Archives: foursquare
With Mike Dudas: Foursquare will have a Slide-like exit. Winner gets dinner at the place of his choosing. Slide was purchased by Google for $182 million, a come down from the $500 million valuation at the last round. Because we … Continue reading
Today, Google announced its acquisition of Zagat, the company that publishes the venerable restaurant and hotel review guides. It’s a terrific acquisition. If Google executes correctly, this deal could be as significant as the YouTube deal has been. (I was … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading