I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Who needs CES when you can go to a luxury party at #sundance. Also available: boats, planes, diamond encrusted iphone http://t.co/55osHSXS6s 1 hour ago
- People who don't buy groceries for 2-3 weeks bare the shelves for two days. Hysteria is fun. 1 hour ago
- RT @mdudas: .@TransferWise raises $58M round from @a16z and adds @bhorowitz to the board. They're playing for keeps! techcrunch.com/2015/01/25/a16…… 3 hours ago
- This piece might set a record for the most statistical and research errors in one @nytimes article. Kudos! mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/opi… 3 hours ago
- Strangest Google auto suggest I've ever seen. (Last item.) http://t.co/WQKbz0wXJc 13 hours ago
- Will Davos 2015 get the tech world back on track? January 26, 2015
- So you want to build a data science team? January 26, 2015
- Check out this silent, hybrid-electric, military motorcycle that Darpa is testing January 25, 2015
- Google’s Eric Schmidt: Better broadband will save the world January 25, 2015
- The CMO’s guide to crushing sales kickoff January 25, 2015
- 5 temptations to hire at your startup — and why you shouldn’t January 25, 2015
- CEO fight club: Why one software exec became an MMA cage fighter January 25, 2015
- Why future tablets won’t burn your lap (interview) January 25, 2015
- It’s a startup’s job to make the European dream come true January 25, 2015
- Are early stage startup valuations determined at random? January 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Technology's effects on our language
Category Archives: facebook
I’ve been thinking more about Google+ since my TechCrunch post on the Google circles colliding. Even if you buy the argument that categorizing your friends into buckets offers user value (which I don’t), that is not a defensible feature for … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading
I’ve been using an HTC EVO since last Friday. As an iPhone user for the last two years, this is the first Android phone that has appealed to me. CrunchGear has a good comparison of the technical specs of the iPhone … Continue reading