I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Nokia Sells HERE Mapping Business To Group Of European Car Makers For $3.07B techcrunch.com/2015/08/02/her… 13 hours ago
- Twitter is struggling to reengage its 1 billion inactive users - Business Insider businessinsider.com/twitter-monthl… 14 hours ago
- Inside the sad, expensive failure of Google+ mashable.com/2015/08/02/goo… ... Google Photos is the best thing to come out of it. 14 hours ago
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 2 days ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 4 days ago
- Confidence of Silicon Valley’s venture capitalists hits two-year low August 4, 2015
- Acer takes aim at Chromebooks with the Windows 10 Aspire One Cloudbook 11 and 14 laptops, starting at $170 August 4, 2015
- Salesforce, Brand Networks among the first to add support for Instagram’s Ads API in their marketing platform August 4, 2015
- Makerbase launches to become an IMDb for makers August 4, 2015
- Buy buttons could hurt brands more than they help August 4, 2015
- 21 things that people wish Cortana could do August 4, 2015
- Dutch mobile marketing firm iQU acquires TinyLoot and Target Gamers August 4, 2015
- Android smartwatch makers better come up with an answer to the Apple Watch, and soon August 3, 2015
- Agile for marketing and creative teams — yeah, it actually works (webinar) August 3, 2015
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over ‘net neutrality’ in December August 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Yelp advertiser agreement
August 2015 M T W T F S S « Jul 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: facebook
I’ve been thinking more about Google+ since my TechCrunch post on the Google circles colliding. Even if you buy the argument that categorizing your friends into buckets offers user value (which I don’t), that is not a defensible feature for … Continue reading
Apple retail stores celebrated their 10th anniversary last week. The stores have defied all analyst expectations and have become the highest grossing retailers in the world. The company’s market cap exceeds all of the other players in tech. Its $5,000 … Continue reading
Facebook’s much awaited Places product finally launched this week. It’s the first step toward bringing friend finding to the masses. People have been using Facebook to do this for years; posting their location in freeform status updates that their friends can … Continue reading
There’s an interesting thread over at Mike Blumenthal’s blog on the effect of Facebook Places on the local reviews space. My view is that reviews and updates will coexist, much as blogs and Twitter coexist. People who were less committed … Continue reading
I’ve been using an HTC EVO since last Friday. As an iPhone user for the last two years, this is the first Android phone that has appealed to me. CrunchGear has a good comparison of the technical specs of the iPhone … Continue reading