I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 5 hours ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 7 hours ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 1 day ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 1 day ago
- Yelp shares plunge 28% after earnings loss cnbc.com/2015/07/28/yel… 1 day ago
- Agile marketing in the age of the customer (webinar) July 31, 2015
- Facebook’s video ads will kick off a new breed of video networks July 31, 2015
- Researcher says he can hack GM’s OnStar app, open vehicle, start engine July 31, 2015
- If you want loyalty, get a dog! Lessons from a world leader in the luxury alcohol beverage space July 30, 2015
- Google releases Android Studio 1.3 with a new memory profiler, editing and debugging support for C++ July 30, 2015
- Mozilla CEO blasts Microsoft for making it harder to keep previous settings when upgrading to Windows 10 July 30, 2015
- Electronic Arts smashes analyst expectations with strong Q1 2016 earnings July 30, 2015
- Windows 10 gets four new games from Game Insight July 30, 2015
- Hands-on with Yahoo’s new, awkward, ahead-of-its-time silent video-text hybrid, Livetext July 30, 2015
- Apple will reportedly debut a new Apple TV in September, subscription TV coming later July 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Category Archives: city guides
Yahoo! Local has rolled out some new features to increase the Web 2.0-ness of its local search product: RSS feeds. You can subscribe to feeds of all reviews near you. If you find a reviewer you like, you can stay … Continue reading
Matt Cutts points out a great mashup for apartment hunters: Walk Score. One of the most important criteria I have when looking for a place to live is whether I can walk to (or stumble back from) places. Walk Score … Continue reading
In a potentially huge blow to local services like Yelp, CitySearch, and AOLCityGuide, Google is now offering users the ability to leave reviews for businesses they search on. To date, Google has aggregated reviews from those sites and others in … Continue reading
Brady at O’Reilly Radar has a great post on Outside.in. The startup aggregates local blogs, organizes them by neighborhood and plots them on a map. I’ve written before about the importance of being hyperlocal. If I were running a media … Continue reading