I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 1 day ago
- First time I've seen this touch screen ordering and payment kiosk at McDonald's. http://t.co/IJTw6FZIOb 1 day ago
- Of 200 apps installed on my phone, 49 of them have Watch apps. Pretty incredible for a brand new platform. 1 day ago
- Love that uber has finally added terminals and doors. Huge improvement for airport rides. http://t.co/Jhfh023FtF 2 days ago
- Bartenders clearly win with self-driving cars. 2 days ago
- Chrome for Android is now ‘almost entirely open-source,’ letting anyone build a Chromium-based mobile browser May 22, 2015
- Microsoft is almost certainly buying 6wunderkinder, the company behind Wunderlist, source says May 22, 2015
- Belkin CMO says smart homes should just ‘take care of it’ May 22, 2015
- Too many platforms may make the Internet of Things a confusing place May 22, 2015
- Mobile valuations split as investments and exits diverge May 22, 2015
- Data scientist Daniel Tunkelang leaves LinkedIn to open a health-tech startup May 21, 2015
- Google fixes racist results in Google Maps, apologizes for ‘mess up’ May 21, 2015
- Marketing automation yields real value, yet is hard to choose and implement May 21, 2015
- Google and Twitter sitting in a tree, putting tweets in search results for you and me May 21, 2015
- Google AI researcher: Creating a program than can flirt would ‘probably be quite simple’ May 21, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant