I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I wonder how Thanksgiving activity varies from normal on FB and Twitter. My guess: FB spikes higher; Twitter goes lower. 6 hours ago
- Thankful for my friends and followers around the world. Thank you for reading and for your engagement. Happy Thanksgiving to Americans! 9 hours ago
- Annoying in Kyoto: ATMs hard to find. Triply annoying: most don't take cards issued outside Japan. 7-11 ATMs a notable exception. @rdoddala 20 hours ago
- I talk to @CSaid about Black Friday and TaskRabbits. sfchronicle.com/business/artic… First time in the local paper for me? 1 day ago
- RT @MuleSoft: Learn how to bring #FinServ into the 21st century [Whitepaper] ow.ly/D8czu #FinTech 1 day ago
- Why I’m joining PayPal March 11, 2014
- How Google+ can win over parents and grandparents from Facebook February 19, 2014
- The best transportation option in San Francisco might be one you’ve never heard of February 19, 2014
- In my first dine-and-dash experience with OpenTable, even the server was onboard with it February 12, 2014
- Why I love Twitter — and why that might not matter February 6, 2014
- Google could still win social — by redefining what social means February 5, 2014
- Facebook is 10. So why is it acting like it’s 80? February 5, 2014
- What UberX's new lower pricing means for the transportation market January 11, 2014
- Two pictures that illustrate 12 years of change in technology (and the increasing irrelevance of CES) January 10, 2014
- Evernote's Phil Libin shows how to do startup PR the right way January 9, 2014
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Technology's effects on our language
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View