I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Forgot wallet. Tried for 10 minutes to set up Apple Pay on Watch. Gave up. Used Apple Pay on iPhone. http://t.co/gJalYEcG3L 2 minutes ago
- Macy's math. How much does a $40 necklace actually cost? http://t.co/Xypu3jfenv 52 minutes ago
- Raised money 3 times this weekend. Once by phone, once by Twitter, once by Facebook Messenger. Anyone want to do G+? #startuplife 5 hours ago
- Sysadmin, wireframer, data modeler, engineering manager, CEO, PR rep, fundraiser, marketer. #startuplife @redesignmobile launches Wed! 9 hours ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Our CEO, @rakeshlobster, will be holding an AMA on Wednesday at 2 p.m. PDT. Ask anything you want about the launch of @… 9 hours ago
- The top 14 skills in the red hot market for marketing jobs April 26, 2015
- Why, dear God, haven’t you started marketing yet? April 26, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s single-player campaign takes you deep into a cybernetic quandary April 26, 2015
- After 6 Call of Duty games, Treyarch is hitting its stride with Black Ops III April 26, 2015
- The negative consequences of blindly supportive friends April 26, 2015
- The rise of the Chief Revenue Officers: Silicon Valley’s new secret sauce April 26, 2015
- Nokia denies reports it will manufacture or sell consumer phones April 26, 2015
- 2016 Toyota Mirai is first fuel-cell car to pace a NASCAR race April 26, 2015
- Why Amazon paid for 2,000 employees to take classes in things like airplane mechanics and nursing April 26, 2015
- The future of augmented reality could be a contact lens (podcast) April 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring