I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- No need to obsess over Instagram, What'sApp monetization. They were both preemptive/defensive acquisitions. Nothing wrong with that. 1 hour ago
- $FB has the opposite problem of $GOOG and $AMZN. They want to be everything for everyone and completely lack focus. 1 hour ago
- $FB has some great plays in commerce, payments and search. Unfortunatel been way too focused to capitalize while others stake territory. 1 hour ago
- RT @ajorama: @rakeshlobster @intuit @jmp_nyc great article on Intuit being against tax reform here propublica.org/article/how-th… by @ProPublica 5 hours ago
- RT @ShopKeep: Want to Accept Apple Pay in Your Small Business? Sign Up for a FREE READER! cards.twitter.com/cards/btpwb/bc… 5 hours ago
- 5 lessons Silicon Valley can learn from Robert Scoble January 28, 2015
- Comcast is sorry that it changed one customer’s name to ‘Asshole’ January 28, 2015
- Even as it grows globally, Facebook’s North American revenues grew fastest January 28, 2015
- ZTE announces $250 dual-SIM Blade S6 smartphone January 28, 2015
- How Adobe is embedding its marketing cloud into thousands of mobile apps — and soon more January 28, 2015
- Your prison lover can now say ‘Be mine’ on Valentine’s Day with e-cards January 28, 2015
- Facebook says 69% of its ad revenue now comes from mobile January 28, 2015
- Facebook passes 1.39B monthly active users, 890M daily active users, and half a billion mobile-only users January 28, 2015
- Facebook mobile ad sales boost better than expected Q4 revenue of $3.85B January 28, 2015
- Meta grabs $23M to keep riding the wave of augmented reality excitement (thanks, Microsoft) January 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Thoughts on service startups
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on