I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- May you never have to deal with the @CAfranchisetax board. The IRS is a joy by comparison. 19 hours ago
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 2 days ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 2 days ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 2 days ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 2 days ago
- The Apple Watch’s battery could last a lot longer than we thought March 6, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: GDC 2015, Valve’s Vive, and Rock Band 4 March 6, 2015
- Pinterest’s first full-year transparency report reveals 41 government data requests on 58 accounts March 6, 2015
- Steam Machine prices range from $460 to … $5,000 March 6, 2015
- Game industry heavyweights highlight the exclusive GamesBeat Summit May 5-May 6 (earlybird deadline today) March 6, 2015
- MapD closer to delivering “supercomputer in a box” March 6, 2015
- The DeanBeat: The game industry’s struggle with light and darkness March 6, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 6, 2015
- Russia takes ‘guidance’ from the E.U. in its battle with U.S. tech firms March 6, 2015
- Uber partners with France’s MoiChef for meal delivery promotion March 6, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Why I'm joining Groupon