I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 17 hours ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 19 hours ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 19 hours ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 1 day ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 1 day ago
- Foxconn-backed Piq teams with France’s Babolat to roll out tennis wearable August 28, 2015
- Nokia agrees on China joint venture with Huaxin August 28, 2015
- Uber confirms China police investigating driver over alleged robbery and sexual assault August 28, 2015
- Obama administration announces $171M manufacturing innovation hub in Silicon Valley August 28, 2015
- Consumer rollout of HTC’s Vive virtual reality system delayed August 28, 2015
- Apple Music executive Ian Rogers reportedly leaving the company August 28, 2015
- European payments processor iZettle raises $67M and launches a cash advance service for SMBs August 28, 2015
- Line delays IPO plans until ‘earnings and market conditions improve’ August 28, 2015
- Call of Duty publisher Activision Blizzard joins the S&P 500 August 28, 2015
- Xiaomi’s reported move to in-house chips could spell trouble for Qualcomm August 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Donald Trump is right
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb