I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @ampressman: Well, that was quick. @periscopeco mentions more than double @AppMeerkat on Twitter on day 2 (h/t @fromedome) http://t.co/4… 23 minutes ago
- RT @mattcharris: Merchants don't want to buy payments, they simply want commerce. Bears repeating. 32 minutes ago
- RT @IBTimes: Here's how Google is facing down specialized search competition from Yelp and Amazon bit.ly/1D7xcfr @sal19 http://t.co… 45 minutes ago
- RT @Devindra: @rakeshlobster Jobs did it anonymously bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/lau… 6 hours ago
- Apple's Tim Cook will give away all his money ... Jobs was not known for philanthropy. cnbc.com/id/102539600 6 hours ago
- Kleiner Perkins wins on all counts of sex discrimination against Ellen Pao March 27, 2015
- Georgia kills anti-LGBT bill as tech giants protest Indiana law March 27, 2015
- IBM acquires ‘certain assets’ from web crawling startup Blekko March 27, 2015
- This guy invented a machine just for picking up ketchup blobs March 27, 2015
- Calling all CMOs, calling all CMOs (come to Boston) March 27, 2015
- Slack discloses its user database was hacked, but only after turning on two-factor authentication March 27, 2015
- Product Hunt CEO: Livestreaming apps aren’t just a fad March 27, 2015
- Vine bumps video quality from 480p to 720p HD March 27, 2015
- Cracker’s David Lowery updates his Silicon Valley relationship status: It’s complicated (interview) March 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Getting to know DeNA, touring Square Enix, and bad EverQuest ideas March 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb