I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Thought: what if Uber only assigned new male drivers to male passengers until they hit a certain amount of time on system and ratings? 41 minutes ago
- redesign | transport: @Uber should make safety a selling point wp.me/pxJPc-xa 46 minutes ago
- ... my guess is to make it less embarrassing that at closing they still have plenty of the deal available, 1 hour ago
- At my local $MSFT store, they have switched their daily discount to be time-based (before 12) instead of unit based (first 50)... 1 hour ago
- Wonder when Facebook picks up the @venmo founders who bailed on @Paypal. seems inevitable. 4 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Redesigning the remote control
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ