I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 10 hours ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 10 hours ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 10 hours ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 11 hours ago
- RT @DavidSacks: Shrewd (and hopeful) move by @Dan_Schulman to elevate the startup guys within PayPal. readwrite.com/2015/03/02/pay… 11 hours ago
- The MindLeap virtual reality game system runs on your brainwaves — no controllers needed March 4, 2015
- The envelope, please — Certify and Concur are top expense management tools, per G2 Crowd March 4, 2015
- V12 Group Announces Partnership with Swiss Re to Launch Multi-Channel Marketing Cloud to Reach Middle Market Life Insurance Consumers March 4, 2015
- IBM acquires AlchemyAPI to bring deep learning to Watson March 4, 2015
- Shyp launches return shipping service, so you never have to go to the post office again March 4, 2015
- Alation, a stealthy information-management startup, gets $9M March 4, 2015
- Tim O’Reilly: Silicon Valley is massively underestimating the impact of IoT (interview) March 4, 2015
- Microsoft strikes Deutsche Telekom deal to help sell Lumia smartphones in Europe March 4, 2015
- Urban Airship adds in-app message campaigns, enriched profiles, and Apple Watch support March 4, 2015
- The rise of ‘unknown OS’ in global smartphone markets March 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- How not to design an ATM
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ