I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The utility of a lot of Apple watch apps is going to come down to the quality of speech recognition. 5 hours ago
- Target's Apple Watch app looks interesting. http://t.co/xEignw8JGb 5 hours ago
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 1 day ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 3 days ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 4 days ago
- Rubicon CEO predicts ad tech will both consolidate and boom April 1, 2015
- Index Ventures raises $706M for new growth fund April 1, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place April 1, 2015
- How the U.N.’s new privacy move will shake up the adtech industry April 1, 2015
- Riff is Facebook’s latest bet on social video April 1, 2015
- 6 questions for YouTube star Michelle Phan on her new network Icon April 1, 2015
- The new Apple MacBook gets an early unboxing (video) April 1, 2015
- Otoy aims to enable developers to create cool VR imagery April 1, 2015
- New report: Yes, viewable ads perform better than ones not seen April 1, 2015
- Obama authorizes use of sanctions to deter cyberattacks April 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.