I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I always thought call centers prioritized account cancellation requests. (You know, for save attempts.) @ATT can't do that right. 1 hour ago
- AppleWachPay-ed at Trader Joe's. This could catch on. 3 hours ago
- GF switched from @ZIRX to @luxevalet because zirx forgot water. Never mind that luxe doesn't do water. #expectations #branding 5 hours ago
- Consumer features on Twitter are getting so much better. Great job @kevinweil ! 8 hours ago
- Small company employees get hosed. Looking at one 401k plan, median expense ratio is 1.4, max is 2.52 #DontGet401kFromADP. 11 hours ago
- Venture capital and the cost of being too growth-focused June 30, 2015
- Medium doesn’t think it needs passwords to offer secure authentication June 29, 2015
- Microsoft Bing displaces Google in deal to provide search, ads on AOL websites June 29, 2015
- Cybersecurity’s future will require humans and machines to work symbiotically June 29, 2015
- Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview with Edge June 29, 2015
- Disney Interactive merger shows that the Mickey Mouse house is leery of losing on video games June 29, 2015
- Valve sells out of early Steam Machine preorders June 29, 2015
- Microsoft stops collecting map imagery, offloads engineers, cameras, and data center to Uber June 29, 2015
- Video game and comic book fan events are generating billions of dollars June 29, 2015
- Facebook tweaks News Feed again to serve up videos you’ll actually watch June 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- My technology adoption history
Monthly Archives: August 2012
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading