I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Welcoming @conorsen, the latest investor in the @redesignmobile family. One of the smartest investors I know. 12 hours ago
- Excited to welcome the incredible @ravi as the latest investor in @redesignmobile 15 hours ago
- Museum of obsolete tech, part 2. http://t.co/V9QOs6xRds 20 hours ago
- My museum of obsolete technology, part 1 http://t.co/B1QPfgN1CS 20 hours ago
- Strangest Apple Watch experience... emails that show on Watch disappear from my mailbox. Not all the time, but not infrequent. 21 hours ago
- Where did my SMS messages go? They disappeared into thin air! April 28, 2015
- Google vows to support ‘quality journalism’ in Europe with new Digital News Initiative April 28, 2015
- Amazon launches Amazon Business, sunsets AmazonSupply April 28, 2015
- Kabam teams up with Longtu Games to launch Marvel mobile game in China April 28, 2015
- Zmags launches its Creator tool for marketers who like it fast April 28, 2015
- Media site Refinery29 closes $50M funding round April 28, 2015
- Tesla Model 3 is behind schedule & unlikely to ship in 2017 April 28, 2015
- Facebook quietly dumped Skype before launching its own video calling feature April 28, 2015
- Careful what you write: How text mining could hurt your business April 28, 2015
- Charter Communications closer than ever to renewing Time Warner Cable acquisition offer, reports say April 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Media requests
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- My genius list
Monthly Archives: August 2012
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading