I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 19 hours ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 20 hours ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 20 hours ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 20 hours ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 21 hours ago
- Canadian payment tech provider Mobeewave closes $6.5M round led by Russia’s SBT Venture Capital March 1, 2015
- Women in tech: Is the outrage helping or hurting? March 1, 2015
- Captain Kirk is answering questions about Spock on Twitter right now March 1, 2015
- Lenovo rolls out new Tab 2 A10 and Tab 2 A8 tablets March 1, 2015
- ‘Samsung Pay’ says it will use magnetic strip tech to trump Apple Pay, Android Pay March 1, 2015
- Samsung takes the wraps off the new Galaxy S6 and curved-screen S6 Edge phones March 1, 2015
- Samsung and Oculus refine Gear VR, and make it work with new S6 phones March 1, 2015
- These 4 groups promise increased stability for Bitcoin in 2015 March 1, 2015
- Mozilla plans new breed of Firefox OS Phones aimed at first-time smartphone buyers March 1, 2015
- HTC announces new ‘Vive’ virtual reality headset in partnership with Valve March 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon resource page
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
Monthly Archives: August 2012
[Note: I will be adding screenshots. Check back in about an hour.] eBay is trying to revolutionize local commerce. eBay’s new product, eBay Now, allows consumers to have same-day delivery of products found at local retailers. It weaves together eBay’s … Continue reading