I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 22 hours ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 22 hours ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 23 hours ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 1 day ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 1 day ago
- Starbucks will start accepting Apple Pay later this year October 8, 2015
- Gartner and IDC: Global PC shipments fell 7.7% and 10.8% in Q3 2015, Apple takes third in the U.S. October 8, 2015
- Twitter copies YouTube by monetizing creator and publisher video October 8, 2015
- Etsy stock sinks 4% after Amazon Handmade launch panics investors October 8, 2015
- YouTube now uses deep learning to pick better video thumbnails October 8, 2015
- Switch’s cloud communications platform now plays nice with Microsoft Office 365 October 8, 2015
- Lyft partners with Hertz and Shell, taps Stripe to pay its 100k drivers faster October 8, 2015
- Hands-on with the new Xbox One experience — see what’s different October 8, 2015
- Everybody panic: Netflix raises price of its most popular plan by $1 October 8, 2015
- Amazon launches AWS Mobile Hub for testing, running, and monitoring iOS and Android apps October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading