I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Google's new timeline is interesting, creepy and incomplete. venturebeat.com/2015/07/27/han… 5 hours ago
- eBay Now rapid-delivery service shut down - CNET cnet.com/news/ebay-now-… There was no chance in hell this was going to work. 11 hours ago
- Interesting load balancing by @lyft. Would you wait 10 minutes to save $6. For me, varies by circumstance. http://t.co/aM18kjwLOY 1 day ago
- RT @mdudas: The 2016 version of Monopoly comes with an EMV card reader. Critical to prevent against "Do not pass Go" fraud... https://t.co/… 2 days ago
- RT @BrianRoemmele: 💳 ➡️ 💻 Discovered a fascinating method that allows @Stripe to be used as a payment method for retail POS systems. It … 2 days ago
- Amazon Web Services launches its Aurora database engine out of preview July 28, 2015
- Circa CEO Matt Galligan launches consultancy to help startups with product design and ideation July 28, 2015
- OnePlus raises the curtain on its second phone, the OnePlus 2 July 28, 2015
- Before you fault your salesperson, make sure your process isn’t broken July 28, 2015
- London’s Deliveroo devours $70M in fresh funding to grow its premium meal-delivery service globally July 27, 2015
- Opternative launches online eye exams, so you can get a prescription right from your desktop July 27, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 27, 2015
- Hands on with Google Maps’ Your Timeline: Fascinating, but freaky July 27, 2015
- Medium updates rules to suppress harassment and revenge porn July 27, 2015
- Nest Cam reviewed: High marks for ease of use and connectivity July 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading