I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @RWMann: @rakeshlobster Hence the name... 26 minutes ago
- Fraud at Apple stores (a prime target) was likely a big contributor. Apple created a system where banks paid for fraud that made Apple money 29 minutes ago
- Annual PSA: Today is the day we celebrate freedom from England. But it does not mean freedom from parking tickets in SF. 1 hour ago
- It's amazing how much @citi and @AmericanExpress have clamped down on Apple Pay provisioning. Spent 15 minutes on phone with Citi; no go. 1 hour ago
- RT @qualityrye: Reservations transparency = listing "sold out" seats vs. "not offered" seats vs. how many seats left. Nice, @tock http://t.… 17 hours ago
- Ad buyers: Manage waste before you worry about impact July 4, 2015
- Autoplay shouldn’t rule online video July 4, 2015
- AOL to manage Microsoft ads: Why increased consolidation is good news July 3, 2015
- Ophan: Inside the Guardian’s data-driven newsroom July 3, 2015
- Cannes Lions: Advertising and marketing execs slowly learning to love their new tech overlords July 3, 2015
- Apple, BlackBerry, and Google: The next round of gadget leaks has begun July 3, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Nintendo gets catty, mobile MOBA, and gaming rebellions July 3, 2015
- This is the rare PlayStation console built by Sony and Nintendo July 3, 2015
- The DeanBeat: 22 industry leaders sound off on gaming July 3, 2015
- Achieve Lending seeks $500K in crowdfunding for student loan search engine July 3, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- How do you pay for a ride on SF Muni with a $20 and a $1?
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Reading license plates with Google Street View
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading