I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- It's amazing how quickly @Bankoff took a sports blogging network and turned it into a media powerhouse. 15 hours ago
- Congratulations to @karaswisher and @Bankoff. A great combination. 15 hours ago
- Landlord just hit me with a 22% rent increase. #lifeinSF #talkrent 20 hours ago
- Simple and very useful @Target watch feature. http://t.co/VhbiqeYkYL 4 days ago
- Watching people use that @McDonalds touch screen ordering... Clearly the ux and process flow needs a lot of work. 6 days ago
- Ad-blocking software is definitely not illegal, another German court rules May 27, 2015
- BarTrendr, a social network for you and your drinking buddies, raises $1M May 27, 2015
- 5 tips for outstanding mobile advertising experiences May 27, 2015
- ‘Connected Conference’ will highlight IoT ambitions of France and Europe May 27, 2015
- SensorWake alarm clock gets you up with sweet smells May 27, 2015
- Mobile web market will triple in size to $850B by 2018, says Digi-Capital May 27, 2015
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren puts tech crowd to sleep with talk of infrastructure May 27, 2015
- Why EMC’s $1.2B Virtustream purchase could be a big deal in the cloud market May 27, 2015
- Screentendo can turn almost anything on your computer into a Mario level May 27, 2015
- Engagement to die for: Snapchat has 100M daily users, 65% of whom upload photos May 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading