I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #Sundance can't help but think that Direct to Netflix is a lot more prestigious than Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray. Agree? 10 hours ago
- Who needs CES when you can go to a luxury party at #sundance. Also available: boats, planes, diamond encrusted iphone http://t.co/55osHSXS6s 13 hours ago
- People who don't buy groceries for 2-3 weeks bare the shelves for two days. Hysteria is fun. 13 hours ago
- RT @mdudas: .@TransferWise raises $58M round from @a16z and adds @bhorowitz to the board. They're playing for keeps! techcrunch.com/2015/01/25/a16…… 15 hours ago
- This piece might set a record for the most statistical and research errors in one @nytimes article. Kudos! mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/25/opi… 15 hours ago
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place January 26, 2015
- Wooga chief says mobile gaming is separating into winners and losers (interview) January 26, 2015
- Everspin takes $29 million to develop next generation MRAM chips January 26, 2015
- App downloads soared in December — but so did marketing costs January 26, 2015
- Google taps WePay to put Wallet support in 200K more online stores January 26, 2015
- Jafco Ventures becomes Icon Ventures, now that Icon Venture Partners is called Rally Ventures January 26, 2015
- AT&T continues Mexican expansion, buys Nextel Mexico in $1.9B deal January 26, 2015
- TCO vs. TVO: How to determine the cost and value of the managed cloud January 26, 2015
- PhotoShelter launches Libris for businesses that keep photos in virtual shoeboxes January 26, 2015
- Why 2014 was a fantastic and terrible year for venture capital in Europe January 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Offers merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: December 2011
PayPal is preparing to launch a Groupon competitor in the first quarter of 2012, according to Bloomberg. The eBay subsidiary hopes to tap into its base of 103 million accountholders. From what I’ve seen so far, this doesn’t seem like … Continue reading
IDC’s 2011 shopper survey shows shockingly high usage of smart phone scanning tools to scan bar codes and QR codes. Nearly 1/3 of those surveyed said they had scanned a bar code. A common use of this technology is to … Continue reading