I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Nokia Sells HERE Mapping Business To Group Of European Car Makers For $3.07B techcrunch.com/2015/08/02/her… 7 hours ago
- Twitter is struggling to reengage its 1 billion inactive users - Business Insider businessinsider.com/twitter-monthl… 7 hours ago
- Inside the sad, expensive failure of Google+ mashable.com/2015/08/02/goo… ... Google Photos is the best thing to come out of it. 8 hours ago
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 2 days ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 4 days ago
- Makerbase launches to become an IMDb for makers August 4, 2015
- Buy buttons could hurt brands more than they help August 4, 2015
- 21 things that people wish Cortana could do August 4, 2015
- Dutch mobile marketing firm iQU acquires TinyLoot and Target Gamers August 4, 2015
- Android smartwatch makers better come up with an answer to the Apple Watch, and soon August 3, 2015
- Agile for marketing and creative teams — yeah, it actually works (webinar) August 3, 2015
- U.S. court to hear lawsuits over ‘net neutrality’ in December August 3, 2015
- This PayPal design looks a whole lot like Nike’s August 3, 2015
- Y Combinator brings hardware veteran Luke Iseman on full-time to help startups grow faster August 3, 2015
- Counting likes and page views is easy — calculating real attribution is hard August 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Daily Archives: November 14, 2011
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading