I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Good thoughts on how to make decisions by @angusdav Committing to decisions - Providence Business News pbn.com/Committing-to-…? 2 hours ago
- RT @chchien: the pain continues for SF renters. 1BR now $3460 on average. prices are having a negative impact on startup ecosystem http://t… 2 hours ago
- Nordstrom's customer service reputation also applies to Nordstrom Bank. Couldn't have been more polite when I accidentally missed a payment. 2 hours ago
- RT @stevesi: Meera Joshi CEO of NYC Taxi commission saying "city is better off with services like Uber and Lyft" due to competition. On @S… 2 hours ago
- RT @DavidSacks: Shrewd (and hopeful) move by @Dan_Schulman to elevate the startup guys within PayPal. readwrite.com/2015/03/02/pay… 2 hours ago
- Every week, 10K college kids are signing up for this ex-Googler’s new startup to find jobs March 4, 2015
- Watch Mozilla preview WebGL 2, the first major update to plugin-free 3D graphics in the browser March 4, 2015
- Nvidia shows hands-on demo of Shield set-top box (video) March 4, 2015
- Nvidia CEO explains why the Shield set-top box fits in your living room (interview) March 4, 2015
- Nvidia’s set-top box aims to do for gaming what Netflix did for movies March 4, 2015
- Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba is launching its first U.S. cloud data center March 4, 2015
- Nvidia announces its $200, 1,080p Shield Android TV Console — launches in May March 4, 2015
- Neighborhood social network Nextdoor just raised $110M at $1.1B valuation March 4, 2015
- Facebook now lets you ‘Explore’ interesting people on Slingshot March 4, 2015
- Valve announces Source 2, Steam Link, and Steam Lighthouse VR technology March 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
Daily Archives: November 14, 2011
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading