I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- A video from 1995 looking at launching online newspapers. 1MP cameras "coming soon". $13.95/month for 5hrs usage. youtube.com/watch?v=sIdF_i… 1 day ago
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 2 days ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 3 days ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 3 days ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 3 days ago
- DroneDeploy tech creates aerial maps in real time, often before a drone even lands April 1, 2015
- Scientologists’ tweet campaign against ‘Going Clear’ movie was laughably clumsy April 1, 2015
- Why 5 minutes of ‘Goo-diligence’ will save your startup thousands April 1, 2015
- Roundup: All of Google’s jokes for April Fools’ Day 2015 March 31, 2015
- Spruce raises $15M more for telemedicine platform, supports new dermatology conditions March 31, 2015
- Hosting company GoDaddy sets stock price at $20 per share in IPO March 31, 2015
- Sprinklr joins Unicorn Club with $1B+ valuation, launches “Experience Cloud” March 31, 2015
- Toronto and Montreal: the VB Mobile Roadshow is coming March 31, 2015
- Firefox 37 arrives with improved YouTube HTML5 playback on Windows, faster downloads on Android March 31, 2015
- GSN’s acquisition of Idle Gaming shows the state of social casino games March 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Technology's effects on our language
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
Daily Archives: November 14, 2011
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading