I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @bgurley: Here is why UberPool is so important to Uber's strategy: abovethecrowd.com/2015/01/30/ube… #MyLatestATC 3 hours ago
- Wonder how many women have been hit on in @lyft line and @uber pool. I bet it is >single digit percentage of rides. 3 hours ago
- #ux love how google automatically plots places you have previously searched for on map. Context helpful. http://t.co/0jc4bSSqBo 3 hours ago
- RT @StrictlyVC: Dropcam CEO leaves Nest; founding VP of technology goes to Twitter theverge.com/2015/1/30/7954… 3 hours ago
- RT @Techmeme: Suits Seek To Force Lyft And Uber To Treat Drivers As Employees (@jmbooyah / BuzzFeed) buzzfeed.com/johanabhuiyan/… http://t.co/vmQ… 6 hours ago
- Want a new tech job in 2015? Here’s what to look for January 31, 2015
- This week on VentureBeat: An Apple Watch, the Super Bowl, Snapchat’s future, & more January 31, 2015
- Without broadband under Title II, Verizon will get off scot-free for ‘supercookies’ January 30, 2015
- New Apple and IBM enterprise app delivers a lot of utility January 30, 2015
- Deep learning startup Clarifai goes beyond image recognition, now offers video analysis January 30, 2015
- Tencent grabs the digital rights to NBA basketball in China January 30, 2015
- Check out these playbooks from successful industry cloud startups January 30, 2015
- Nintendo wants a taste of your YouTube action — and creators hate it January 30, 2015
- Here are the predictions for who will win the Super Bowl — of ads January 30, 2015
- Romney could have announced 2016 on any outlet on Earth. He chose Medium January 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- My genius list
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
Monthly Archives: November 2011
I had several people comment to me this week that they would like to see more timely updates in response to breaking news on companies. For example, the Yelp S-1 was released on Thursday and I probably won’t post my … Continue reading
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading
If you’d told me 5 months ago that I would spend a lot of 2011 studying accounting, talking to businesses and saying bad things about a company that everyone once loved, I never would have believed you. It all started … Continue reading