I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @maxrogo: @rakeshlobster "The often cited "10x" revenue multiple just simply isn't a rule anymore." When was that ever an actual rule? .… 8 minutes ago
- Great stuff here. Revenue multiples are falling and still massive differences between public and private valuations. twitter.com/mvellank/statu… 22 minutes ago
- Here I thought Twitter was about freedom, not imperialism. Silly me. 40 minutes ago
- A public Twitter run by the postal service? Uh huh. One of the dumbest ideas I've read. nymag.com/following/2016… 1 hour ago
- RT @TimFernholz: The @NewYorker buying Twitter ads to promote its article about how Twitter is dying kind of undercuts the thesis https://t… 23 hours ago
- Zynga beats Q4 financial estimates and announces 10 games for 2016 February 10, 2016
- GrubHub, Intuit, Pandora, Tinder to speak at VentureBeat Mobile Summit February 10, 2016
- Every Oculus Rift owner will get a Unity Pro trial to help them (and Palmer Luckey) make more money February 10, 2016
- Sony: ’36 million PlayStation 4 owners’ are ready for PlayStation VR February 10, 2016
- Alcatel OneTouch Idol 4S packaging will double as VR goggles February 10, 2016
- Unity demonstrates new way to develop games inside virtual reality February 10, 2016
- Unity game-making tool gets native support for Google’s 5M Cardboard virtual reality devices February 10, 2016
- Unity Technologies and Valve team up to make VR development easier February 10, 2016
- Funding Daily: Smart gardening startup Edyn raises $2 million seed round February 10, 2016
- Apple is hiring engineers to coach Siri about sports February 10, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Let Google Maps do the walking
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Original story on Mail Online.
I had several people comment to me this week that they would like to see more timely updates in response to breaking news on companies. For example, the Yelp S-1 was released on Thursday and I probably won’t post my … Continue reading
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading
If you’d told me 5 months ago that I would spend a lot of 2011 studying accounting, talking to businesses and saying bad things about a company that everyone once loved, I never would have believed you. It all started … Continue reading