I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- If you haven't shut off @periscopeco notifications yet, Apple Watch will ensure you do. If Watch gets rid of spammy notifications, good. 7 hours ago
- Instaverdict on Apple Watch: slow and buggy. Photos app in particular is a disaster. 8 hours ago
- My usual reliable package receiving service screwed up my apple watch orders. Frustrating. 12 hours ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to welcome @NRellas and @wartzack as the latest investors in @redesignmobile. Great to have such smart people o… 13 hours ago
- It would be awesome if @periscopeco or @AppMeerkat did chroma key. I'd switch just for that. 13 hours ago
- 2016 Toyota Mirai is first fuel-cell car to pace a NASCAR race April 26, 2015
- Why Amazon paid for 2,000 employees to take classes in things like airplane mechanics and nursing April 26, 2015
- The future of augmented reality could be a contact lens (podcast) April 25, 2015
- Tesla Motors website and Twitter account were hacked April 25, 2015
- Glass a failure? Luxottica and Google may turn ‘Glassholes’ into fashion plates April 25, 2015
- Canada’s opt-in rules could change marketing as we know it April 25, 2015
- A change in Facebook’s top paid execs speaks volumes about the company’s priorities April 25, 2015
- Apple Watch teardown reveals deactivated blood oxygen sensors April 25, 2015
- The live-stream video tweet battle: Meerkat’s still fighting, but Periscope is winning April 25, 2015
- Skype for iPhone gets Apple Watch support, but no voice or video calling just yet April 25, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon's cost of revenue is soaring
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
- My technology adoption history
Monthly Archives: November 2011
I had several people comment to me this week that they would like to see more timely updates in response to breaking news on companies. For example, the Yelp S-1 was released on Thursday and I probably won’t post my … Continue reading
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading
If you’d told me 5 months ago that I would spend a lot of 2011 studying accounting, talking to businesses and saying bad things about a company that everyone once loved, I never would have believed you. It all started … Continue reading