I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 1 day ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 1 day ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 2 days ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 4 days ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 4 days ago
- Everything announced at VMworld 2015 so far August 31, 2015
- Institutions don’t have needs — people do August 31, 2015
- Smartwatch game developer Everywear closes $2.25M funding round August 31, 2015
- VMware announces EVO SDDC software suite with SDDC Manager, Hardware Management Services August 31, 2015
- Apple and Cisco partner to make wireless fast lanes for iPhones in the workplace August 31, 2015
- Marketers are about to make new friends — or not — with data scientists August 31, 2015
- Hopper brings its smart airfare prediction and tracking app to Android August 31, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place August 31, 2015
- The challenges with legacy vendors and a case for believing in innovation August 31, 2015
- VMware partners with ClusterHQ to build a vSphere storage driver for Flocker August 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: November 2011
Original story on Mail Online.
I had several people comment to me this week that they would like to see more timely updates in response to breaking news on companies. For example, the Yelp S-1 was released on Thursday and I probably won’t post my … Continue reading
One of the great innovators in online journalism, Jim Romenesko, resigned from his position at the Poynter Institute, a journalism think tank of sorts. Among journalists, Romenesko practically invented blogging. Some reporters who claimed to never had read a blog … Continue reading
If you’d told me 5 months ago that I would spend a lot of 2011 studying accounting, talking to businesses and saying bad things about a company that everyone once loved, I never would have believed you. It all started … Continue reading