I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @jdh: My answer to What happens with a startup CEO if the company fails? Is his/her career 'burned'? Are VCs open to give … http://t.co/… 1 hour ago
- RT @pkedrosky: Cute that Apple is holding its Apple Watch event March 9th, the day after we turn our clocks ahead. Ho ho. I get it. 1 hour ago
- More news of substance being traded for viral videos as @scripps lays off investigative reporters poynter.org/news/mediawire… 4 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: When launching a new product, always be clear where the spend is going to come from. What are buyers gonna spend less on? 5 hours ago
- This is what my credit card statement looks like these days. @uber @zipcar @car2go http://t.co/Xl9PDFK29R 5 hours ago
- Flow Kana brings social to the medical pot economy February 27, 2015
- 4 quick steps to optimize the ‘ROI’ from game industry events February 26, 2015
- What to Think, Ep. 43: American Eagle Outfitters’ Joe Megibow on the challenges of mobile marketing February 26, 2015
- NASA invites filmmakers to use its footage for space-themed film festival February 26, 2015
- Net neutrality beat Llamas on Twitter by just 40k tweets February 26, 2015
- Mobile platform Swrve wants to be more engaging, buys Ireland-based Converser February 26, 2015
- NHL streams a hockey game in 360-degree virtual reality February 26, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place February 26, 2015
- Here’s what the Internet has to say about net neutrality February 26, 2015
- Shazam’s latest funding round came, in part, from Russia February 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon resource page
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →