I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 2 weeks ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- New Samsung patent shows off a phone that unfolds into a tablet (with bonus Apple cameo) November 30, 2015
- This is what a National Security Letter looks like November 30, 2015
- Oculus VR will have a ‘special announcement’ at ‘The Game Awards’ November 30, 2015
- 50% of adults shop on smartphones while browsing a store November 30, 2015
- This mobile game studio wants Israel to embrace creativity, not just tech and monetization November 30, 2015
- Meteor launches Galaxy Developer Edition with hourly pricing for app hosting November 30, 2015
- Microsoft releases Dynamics CRM 2016 with technology from FieldOne, Parature acquisitions November 30, 2015
- 6 best practices for recruiting exceptional talent November 30, 2015
- Microsoft partners with Autodesk to bring 3D product design to HoloLens November 30, 2015
- Picking an Android flagship: Moto X Pure vs. LG G4 November 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Bing, Yahoo! try to capitalize on Google's Michael Jackson traffic surge
- How not to design an ATM
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →