I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Least favorite parts of OpenTable experience: 1) Call from restaurant to "confirm" 2) Calling said restaurant and getting VM @RichTable 13 hours ago
- Who has a centurion card and would be willing to be interviewed about their centurion experience? 18 hours ago
- $393 million. http://t.co/wOuragaVin 19 hours ago
- It turns out that the regulator keeping Uber out of Portland is the father of a close friend. Small world. 21 hours ago
- RT @BofA_Tips: #dontfumble. Give your receipts some breathing room with #ApplePay and Bank of America: go.bofa.com/tu78 http://t.co/t… 21 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Redesigning the remote control
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Facebook drives 6MM people to Friendster!
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →