I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Dropbox: the first dead decacorn | Thoughts from Alex Danco alexdanco.com/2015/08/24/dro… via @chamath 2 hours ago
- Wow. @hillferguson out at paypal. A big loss of consumer behavior expertise. 4 hours ago
- The two aviation geeks behind the startup Flightradar24 know where almost every flight is on.wsj.com/1WSGCCs via @WSJ 2 days ago
- 6 things I learned from riding in a Google Self-Driving Car theoatmeal.com/blog/google_se… 2 days ago
- Robert Reich: The sharing economy will be our undoing salon.com/2015/08/25/rob… Interesting perspective. 2 days ago
- U.S. weighs sanctioning Russia as well as China in cyber attacks September 1, 2015
- Former federal agent Shaun Bridges admits $820,000 bitcoin theft in Silk Road probe September 1, 2015
- Mobile + web apps: It’s all about the blend September 1, 2015
- Meerkat now lets you poll viewers, search by hashtags, and share photos from your camera roll September 1, 2015
- You can now edit files from Egnyte in Office 365 and Salesforce August 31, 2015
- Apple reportedly exploring creation of original video content August 31, 2015
- This accessory makes the Apple Watch an old-timey pocket watch August 31, 2015
- Samsung officially announces the Gear S2 smartwatch August 31, 2015
- Will the new Apple TV lure gamers away from consoles? August 31, 2015
- Google+ brings Collections to its iOS app in latest update August 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →