I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- 'Naive' Swedes are renting homes to Airbnb hookers - The Local thelocal.se/20160208/naive… via @garyleff 5 hours ago
- RT @TimFernholz: The @NewYorker buying Twitter ads to promote its article about how Twitter is dying kind of undercuts the thesis https://t… 6 hours ago
- RT @BloombergTV: Proof that even queens take part in the sharing economy... #QueenBey amp.twimg.com/v/fcb83c8c-991… 6 hours ago
- Congratulations, David! One of the sharpest entrepreneurs I've met. twitter.com/DavidSacks/sta… 6 hours ago
- RT @rsarver: Good post from @mvellank "Putting The Collapse In Tech Valuations Into Context" mahesh-vc.com/blog/understan… 6 hours ago
- Google has quietly launched its answer to AWS Lambda February 10, 2016
- Google’s self-driving car AI can qualify as a driver, U.S. regulators say February 10, 2016
- The esports industry has a lot to learn from the daily fantasy sports mess February 10, 2016
- Early-stage companies, get ready to be punched in the face February 10, 2016
- Amazon adds zombie apocalypse reference to its AWS terms February 10, 2016
- 5 new unicorns emerge in January February 10, 2016
- Becoming a better brand through data-driven discoveries (webinar) February 9, 2016
- Microsoft confirms it acquired iOS music app Groove February 9, 2016
- Nintendo makes big promises about profits for its mysterious NX and smartphone business February 9, 2016
- Following The Pirate Bay, Kickass Torrents now lets you stream all its movies and TV shows February 9, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- Watson vs. Google
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email firstname.lastname@example.org. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →