I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- At least my barista was able to explain to customer in front of me how chip cards work. 18 hours ago
- Damn chip card people slowing down my Starbucks experience. http://t.co/GYZyZaQycq 18 hours ago
- Probability, journalists and weather forecasters vox.com/2015/10/7/9472… 19 hours ago
- RT @CFPB: New proposal to ban companies from using #arbitration clauses as a free pass to avoid accountability: go.usa.gov/3u6ZY 21 hours ago
- Tips to enhance your GMV yourstory.com/2015/10/enhanc… I see lots of companies ignoring coupon code repeated use. 21 hours ago
- AWS launches Amazon IoT, a cloud service for Internet of Things data October 8, 2015
- More than half of Google searches now happen on mobile devices October 8, 2015
- Mozilla Firefox will drop support for NPAPI plugins by the end of 2016, but will keep Flash around October 8, 2015
- Amazon launches EC2 Container Registry for storing container images October 8, 2015
- CEO John Chen: BlackBerry may bail on handset business if it’s not profitable in a year October 8, 2015
- Martech and adtech continue their inexorable Big Smush™ October 8, 2015
- Amazon’s hot Lambda service gets Python and VPC support October 8, 2015
- Cheetah’s global strategy pays off: Helping mobile-first businesses go global before their competitors October 8, 2015
- Amazon introduces RAM-heavy x1 and burstable t2.nano instances October 8, 2015
- Amazon launches Kinesis Analytics, a tool to process data coming in fast October 8, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Technology's effects on our language
Daily Archives: August 20, 2011
If you have experiences — good or bad — that you’d like to share, email email@example.com. I also maintain a companion blog focused on sharing Groupon, LivingSocial and other deal experiences. Start here Why Groupon Is Poised For Collapse Deal-a-day … Continue reading →