I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Yay, $yelp short. 3 hours ago
- RT @mdlevinson: @rakeshlobster any marketplace- or on demand-focused VC worth their salt already does this 3 hours ago
- VCs out there should be scrambling to do sensitivity analyses on investments as to 1099 vs W-2. 3 hours ago
- I've loved @shyp for a long time. But even more now that they are doing thing for employees. 3 hours ago
- Do I have any followers in Venice? 6 hours ago
- Apple just posted a video of its people at San Francisco’s Pride Parade July 2, 2015
- Amid push for diversity, Intel announces departures of president and other top execs July 2, 2015
- PSN down intermittently leading into the long weekend July 2, 2015
- Yelp temporarily decides not to pursue a sale July 2, 2015
- Microsoft releases new Windows 10 preview for PCs, says focus is now on ‘bug fixing and final polish’ July 2, 2015
- Apple patent suggests peer-to-peer payments could come to Apple Pay July 2, 2015
- Microsoft’s Worldwide Telescope astronomy software is now an open-source project July 2, 2015
- Twitter now lets brands target millennials in ‘one click’ July 2, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 2, 2015
- Porn Time shoots past 1 million downloads in under a month, shows interest in Oculus Rift July 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Rakesh's quick guide to investing for the lay person
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Daily Archives: August 15, 2011
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading