I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Dear Founders: Snapchat is not your enemy. dearvcs.com/dear-startups-… Great read from @DearVCs on how VCs think 10 hours ago
- RT @mdudas: Amazon product search + consumer time shift to mobile = huge threat to Google: linkedin.com/pulse/single-m… via @nichcarlson 10 hours ago
- Another beautifully designed credit card. This one from @citi http://t.co/tcLooRwpks 13 hours ago
- How Colorado Keeps 9,000 Miles of Highway Clear of Snow wired.com/2014/12/colora… fun read for skiers and wx geeks via @pkedrosky 14 hours ago
- RT @jameshritz: If Staples was Sony, they'd stop selling paper “@KTLA: Staples: hackers stole data on 1.16m shoppers' credit cards http://t… 14 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Redesigning the remote control
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Daily Archives: August 15, 2011
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading