I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Cool new trick from Google local. This is what you can do when you have meaningful data - unlike Yelp techcrunch.com/2015/07/28/goo… via @hunterwalk 13 hours ago
- If I invented a drinking game for investor calls, the trigger word would be "color." 14 hours ago
- Trade from earlier today. PUT (YELP) YELP INC FEB 19 16 $29 @NRellas 14 hours ago
- Must-read piece on the service economy and 1099 vs. W2 by @ellenhuet forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 17 hours ago
- “There’s an adverse selection to high discount — it’s maybe not sending the right message” forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 17 hours ago
- Splatoon helps Nintendo return to profit in Satoru Iwata’s final quarter July 29, 2015
- Nintendo sold 1M 3DSes and 470K Wii U consoles last quarter July 29, 2015
- Alibaba will spend $1B to expand its cloud in Japan, Europe, and the Middle East July 29, 2015
- Nintendo had its best fiscal Q1 since 2012 as it beats analyst expectations July 29, 2015
- PSN is down once again for gamers on Sony consoles July 29, 2015
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: The browser that will finally kill IE July 29, 2015
- How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files July 29, 2015
- Chinese government official urges country’s developers to expand worldwide July 29, 2015
- Pitney Bowes Accelerator Program Inducts Four Startups in India and Names Two More to the Accelerator Collaboration Program July 29, 2015
- Cortana on Windows 10: Your PC gets a personal assistant July 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
Daily Archives: August 15, 2011
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading