I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- #ux how would you improve this page? Hint: consider how much I travel. http://t.co/5m25fKtoP8 13 hours ago
- Window shot. http://t.co/4RS1o1GDWV 14 hours ago
- .@uber pool rides to airport should only be paired with other rides to airport, not long detours through south San Francisco. 17 hours ago
- RT @bgurley: Here is why UberPool is so important to Uber's strategy: abovethecrowd.com/2015/01/30/ube… #MyLatestATC 1 day ago
- Wonder how many women have been hit on in @lyft line and @uber pool. I bet it is >single digit percentage of rides. 1 day ago
- 4 Super Bowl tech ads to see ahead of the big day February 1, 2015
- How to build a world-saving startup February 1, 2015
- Drones need software, too February 1, 2015
- Building data science teams: The power of the technology stack January 31, 2015
- Snapchat’s first episode of Literally Can’t Even is a train wreck — and that’s not a bad thing January 31, 2015
- Why some of tech’s greatest minds are still missing the Internet of Things picture January 31, 2015
- WhatsApp’s highly anticipated calling feature shows up for some users January 31, 2015
- The Pirate Bay is back online after almost two months January 31, 2015
- The iPhone may be starting to steal Android’s lower-income customers January 31, 2015
- Want a new tech job in 2015? Here’s what to look for January 31, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon resource page
- My genius list
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Daily Archives: August 15, 2011
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading