I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- More news of substance being traded for viral videos as @scripps lays off investigative reporters poynter.org/news/mediawire… 3 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: When launching a new product, always be clear where the spend is going to come from. What are buyers gonna spend less on? 3 hours ago
- This is what my credit card statement looks like these days. @uber @zipcar @car2go http://t.co/Xl9PDFK29R 3 hours ago
- Absurd argument by @rameshponnuru: Why is the CFPB meddling in the car business? bloombergview.com/articles/2015-… via @BV 3 hours ago
- Really fantastic post by my friend @bryce on misinterpreting success as being good. bryce.vc/post/112055695… 4 hours ago
- NHL streams a hockey game in 360-degree virtual reality February 26, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place February 26, 2015
- Here’s what the Internet has to say about net neutrality February 26, 2015
- Shazam’s latest funding round came, in part, from Russia February 26, 2015
- Judge reportedly tries to shut down WhatsApp in Brazil February 26, 2015
- Modern Family’s latest episode is a must-watch for anyone trying to tell stories online February 26, 2015
- Google Play is making more money than Apple’s App Store — in Germany February 26, 2015
- Verizon’s response to the FCC’s net neutrality ruling is hilarious February 26, 2015
- Silent Circle buys out Blackphone and will debut new models next week in Spain February 26, 2015
- Facebook is patenting a tool that could change the way you schedule meetings February 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Groupon resource page
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
Daily Archives: August 15, 2011
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading