I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- "~80 percent of Chevron customers in the U.S. pay for gas at the pump using a credit or debit card." 20% are still going inside? wow. 2 hours ago
- RT @jrichlive: Amazon had $16M in sales in 1996, the year before its IPO. And it faced perilous market risk: secinfo.com/dr6nd.818y.htm… http://… 2 hours ago
- RT @conorsen: Nice find by @MylesUdland. College mailrooms are becoming capacity-constrained thanks to Amazon Prime. dailycampus.com/stories/2015/1… 2 hours ago
- RT @JonErlichman: Instagram turns 5 today. User growth recap (M=million) Dec '14 300M Mar '14 200M Sep '12 100M Dec '10 1M Oct '10 100,0… 2 hours ago
- Couldn't agree more. twitter.com/ryandawidjan/s… 2 hours ago
- Marketing people are generally bullish on Jack Dorsey as CEO of Twitter October 6, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place October 6, 2015
- Everything Microsoft announced at its Windows 10 hardware event October 6, 2015
- Keep more of your revenue: A startup’s cheat sheet to tax compliance (On demand webinar) October 6, 2015
- IA map shows human-intelligence tech is surging October 6, 2015
- Hands-on with Microsoft’s Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book October 6, 2015
- Facebook now lets you doodle on photos October 6, 2015
- Postmates takes on UberEats with launch of 15-minute food delivery service October 6, 2015
- Internet of Things to be used in 1.9B devices by 2020 October 6, 2015
- Introducing Stephen Kleckner, our new games-gadgets writer October 6, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading