I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- 'Naive' Swedes are renting homes to Airbnb hookers - The Local thelocal.se/20160208/naive… via @garyleff 18 hours ago
- RT @TimFernholz: The @NewYorker buying Twitter ads to promote its article about how Twitter is dying kind of undercuts the thesis https://t… 19 hours ago
- RT @BloombergTV: Proof that even queens take part in the sharing economy... #QueenBey amp.twimg.com/v/fcb83c8c-991… 19 hours ago
- Congratulations, David! One of the sharpest entrepreneurs I've met. twitter.com/DavidSacks/sta… 19 hours ago
- RT @rsarver: Good post from @mvellank "Putting The Collapse In Tech Valuations Into Context" mahesh-vc.com/blog/understan… 19 hours ago
- Pantomime lets VR headset and smartphone users share a virtual space February 10, 2016
- Social media management: How to win back unhappy customers (webinar) February 10, 2016
- Hearthstone designers discuss Standard, Wild’s relevancy, and putting off new classes February 10, 2016
- Robit launches crowdfunding campaign for home helper robot that runs apps February 10, 2016
- Funding Daily: Riskified nabs $25 million to fight ecommerce fraud February 10, 2016
- Skype is rolling out 10 love-themed Mojis with music from Paul McCartney February 10, 2016
- Transformers: Earth Wars requires Hasbro, Backflip, and Space Ape to come together like Devastator February 10, 2016
- The world’s ‘first bionic knee brace’ launches for consumers today February 10, 2016
- Mobile games hit $34.8B in 2015, taking 85% of all app revenues February 10, 2016
- The app economy could double to $101 billion by 2020 February 10, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Old gnews is bad gnews for United Airlines
- Let Google Maps do the walking
- About Rakesh Agrawal
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading