I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- My girlfriend opens her Apple Watch (6-month anniversary) facebook.com/rockyagrawal/v… 3 hours ago
- Pretty sure Apple spent more time designing the butterfly watch face than Moto did designing all of Moto X. 5 hours ago
- Why would you have a Mickey watch when you can have this? http://t.co/Optohxvphk 6 hours ago
- Forgot wallet. Tried for 10 minutes to set up Apple Pay on Watch. Gave up. Used Apple Pay on iPhone. http://t.co/gJalYEcG3L 6 hours ago
- Macy's math. How much does a $40 necklace actually cost? http://t.co/Xypu3jfenv 7 hours ago
- Unacast scores $1.6M to become the main tracker of every store you visit April 27, 2015
- China’s TestBird dives into mobile analytics and user acquisition with TrackingBird April 27, 2015
- The top 14 skills in the red hot market for marketing jobs April 26, 2015
- Why, dear God, haven’t you started marketing yet? April 26, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III’s single-player campaign takes you deep into a cybernetic quandary April 26, 2015
- After 6 Call of Duty games, Treyarch is hitting its stride with Black Ops III April 26, 2015
- The negative consequences of blindly supportive friends April 26, 2015
- The rise of the Chief Revenue Officers: Silicon Valley’s new secret sauce April 26, 2015
- Nokia denies reports it will manufacture or sell consumer phones April 26, 2015
- 2016 Toyota Mirai is first fuel-cell car to pace a NASCAR race April 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading