I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Why Google’s MVNO is unlikely to make a huge impact | redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/01/27/red… cc @amir @BenedictEvans 5 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: Advising a startup that their best strategy should be to "grow as fast as Uber" is breathtakingly stupid in its No Shit, She… 7 hours ago
- What service startups do I use and want to re-use? blog.agrawals.org/2015/01/27/tho… @uber @shyp @swapbox @trycaviar @Homejoy 7 hours ago
- This is a pair of jeans made by a 3D body scanner. That zipper is fully unzipped. Utter junk from @acustom. http://t.co/jKl1oI0YB2 8 hours ago
- I was thinking of starting #ux series on Twitter. But that might take me through end of year. 8 hours ago
- Seeking higher daily engagement, Yahoo CEO hints at messaging product January 28, 2015
- Study: Girls outperform boys in math and science all over the world January 28, 2015
- The Pirate Bay relaunch will reportedly require less staff, angry crew members want to launch spinoff January 27, 2015
- Tim Cook says iPad sales will remain gloomy for next couple of quarters January 27, 2015
- Super Bowl ads: imagining a programmatic Super Bowl January 27, 2015
- Tim Cook: ‘2015 will be the year of Apple Pay’ January 27, 2015
- Tim Cook says the Apple Watch will hit stores this April January 27, 2015
- You’re spending more time playing mobile games than ever before January 27, 2015
- SimCity BuildIt, FIFA, and EA Access lead Electronic Arts to record digital revenues January 27, 2015
- Apple Mac sales jumped 15% to 5.52M units last quarter, missing expectations January 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Thoughts on service startups
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading