I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Last night's iPhone recorded @ModernFam completely unrealistic. Claire was able to connect to airport wifi without hassle. Never happens. 3 hours ago
- RT @jdh: My answer to What happens with a startup CEO if the company fails? Is his/her career 'burned'? Are VCs open to give … http://t.co/… 7 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: Cute that Apple is holding its Apple Watch event March 9th, the day after we turn our clocks ahead. Ho ho. I get it. 7 hours ago
- More news of substance being traded for viral videos as @scripps lays off investigative reporters poynter.org/news/mediawire… 10 hours ago
- RT @pkedrosky: When launching a new product, always be clear where the spend is going to come from. What are buyers gonna spend less on? 10 hours ago
- Kobalt, whose tech collects royalties for music royalty, gets $60M from Google Ventures, Michael Dell February 27, 2015
- Learn to program robots for free, on your own time February 27, 2015
- What 2 runaway llamas taught us about net neutrality February 27, 2015
- Backlash against the sharing economy is a sign it’s maturing February 27, 2015
- Tim Cook remembers Nazis’ victims at Israeli Holocaust museum February 27, 2015
- Keen IO has had technical issues lately. So it’s doing an AMA tomorrow February 27, 2015
- Dylan’s Desk: Why the coming messaging economy will be very big business February 27, 2015
- Tumblr CEO Karp struggles to defend net neutrality on CNBC ‘Squawk Box’ February 27, 2015
- Flow Kana brings social to the medical pot economy February 27, 2015
- 4 quick steps to optimize the ‘ROI’ from game industry events February 26, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon resource page
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Much has been made of Facebook’s decision last week to exit the daily deals space. Yesterday, Yelp told Bloomberg’s Doug MacMillan that it is also exiting the daily deals space. A lot of the analysis has used these examples to … Continue reading
Dear Andrew, I must admit I was surprised to read your email to employees yesterday. I say this because I’ve reached out to your PR team in the course of covering Groupon and they’ve often used the excuse that you’re … Continue reading
I’m interested in meeting with Groupon employees and former employees when I visit Chicago next week. I will be in town from the evening of Sept. 1 through the evening of Sept. 6 and would love to meet with you. … Continue reading
A couple of years ago, I’d ordered some business cards from Moo. At the same time I’d prepaid for my next pack. Atypically for me, I forgot to note the details of the offer. When it came time for me … Continue reading
Note: If you have Groupon or other daily deal experiences to share, please email email@example.com. Even in its revised S-1 issued last week, Andrew Mason’s letter directs potential shareholders to three key metrics: gross profit, free cash flow, and the … Continue reading