I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Speaking of @dominos, this is a 5-year chart I didn't expect google.com/finance?q=dpz&… Increased "restaurant" spend out of recession? $DPZ 55 minutes ago
- Uber is worth ~8x another company that has lots of drivers around the world: $DPZ google.com/finance?q=dpz&… 57 minutes ago
- Apple Music coming to @sonos (eventually) cultofmac.com/327634/apple-m… 2 hours ago
- RT @thatadamguy: Dear @iTunesMusic & @iTunes: People are wondering where iTunes 12.2 is. You have Twitter accounts. An update + apology wou… 2 hours ago
- Great overview of Apple Music vs. Spotify ft.com/cms/s/2/1c1338… Looks like streaming rev = CD/record revenue 3 hours ago
- Only 33% of app marketers use in-app messaging, but they get 3.5X higher retention June 30, 2015
- With Beats 1, Apple censored the s*** out of a great idea June 30, 2015
- YouTube for Android and iOS now supports 60fps video June 30, 2015
- Hands-on with Apple Music: I’m impressed. Here’s why June 30, 2015
- OS X 10.10.4 adds ‘network reliability,’ photo library and app improvements June 30, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg explains why Facebook is investing in artificial intelligence and virtual reality June 30, 2015
- How to make sure you don’t get charged for Apple Music June 30, 2015
- Firefox 39 arrives with Hello link sharing, smoother animation and scrolling on OS X, better Android pasting June 30, 2015
- Google updates Gmail with … wait for it … emojis June 30, 2015
- The Pebble Time is likable — but smartwatches have left it behind June 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- Technology's effects on our language
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Because manholes are round
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading