I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Cool new trick from Google local. This is what you can do when you have meaningful data - unlike Yelp techcrunch.com/2015/07/28/goo… via @hunterwalk 11 hours ago
- If I invented a drinking game for investor calls, the trigger word would be "color." 12 hours ago
- Trade from earlier today. PUT (YELP) YELP INC FEB 19 16 $29 @NRellas 12 hours ago
- Must-read piece on the service economy and 1099 vs. W2 by @ellenhuet forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 15 hours ago
- “There’s an adverse selection to high discount — it’s maybe not sending the right message” forbes.com/sites/ellenhue… 15 hours ago
- Nintendo sold 1M 3DSes and 470K Wii U consoles last quarter July 29, 2015
- Alibaba will spend $1B to expand its cloud in Japan, Europe, and the Middle East July 29, 2015
- Nintendo had its best fiscal Q1 since 2012 as it beats analyst expectations July 29, 2015
- PSN is down once again for gamers on Sony consoles July 29, 2015
- Microsoft Edge on Windows 10: The browser that will finally kill IE July 29, 2015
- How to force Windows to start downloading the Windows 10 update files July 29, 2015
- Chinese government official urges country’s developers to expand worldwide July 29, 2015
- Pitney Bowes Accelerator Program Inducts Four Startups in India and Names Two More to the Accelerator Collaboration Program July 29, 2015
- Cortana on Windows 10: Your PC gets a personal assistant July 29, 2015
- Windows 10 gaming team explains what you can expect from the new OS July 29, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Think Groupon is a technology company? Think again.
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading