I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- If companies keep getting hacked, I'll never have to pay for @Experian ProtectMyID again. 3 hours ago
- Love that @BrianNorgard is leading monetization at @Tinder. One of the sharpest product/business people I know. A rare combination of skills 3 hours ago
- RT @pkafka: Swipe right to see a message from our sponsor: @Tinder builds out its first ad product on.recode.net/1B6qFPB scoop via @KurtWa… 3 hours ago
- RT @angusdav: Proud of @Swipely team shipping Net Sales analytics - covers every penny of all sales, cash and credit: https://t.co/5wLtK0uC… 3 hours ago
- RT @sfiegerman: Friday night Venmo dump blog.venmo.com/hf2t3h4x98p5e1… 3 hours ago
- Survey: 38% of small merchants may not be ready for switch to EMV credit cards February 28, 2015
- Facebook’s ‘active’ users aren’t so active anymore, says survey data February 28, 2015
- What color is #TheDress? Facebook is analyzing your answers to this question, too, of course February 27, 2015
- Google launches a dashboard to update developers on the status of Cloud Platform services February 27, 2015
- GameStop continues diversifying by picking up 163 RadioShack locations to sell phones February 27, 2015
- A handy scale for understanding what pageviews actually mean February 27, 2015
- Facebook explains when employees can access your account without your password February 27, 2015
- Google ditches concrete for flexible structures in new HQ proposal February 27, 2015
- Marketing Tech: Which tools provide the biggest return — and which are a waste of money? (webinar) February 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Valve has VR plans, net neutrality, and Nvidia’s cloud gaming plans February 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon resource page
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading