I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Is Black Friday also the best day for companies to dump bad news they hope gets no coverage? It's what I'd do. @footnoted 57 minutes ago
- I imagine @uber records have already been subpoenaed in divorce proceedings. If not, they will be. 1 hour ago
- TV cops would save a lot of time calling cab companies to track down perps if all the victims and perps used @uber. 1 hour ago
- Oh, the New York Times. (Former?)Columnists plagiarizes The Daily Currant. Doesn't realize she's stealing fake quote. jimromenesko.com/2014/11/23/i-w… 8 hours ago
- I still miss the power of eassySABRE though. #travelgeek #old 22 hours ago
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- An apology, an explanation and a bunch of thank yous
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading