I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- I've talked to @dan_schulman in the past. He seems really sharp. venturebeat.com/2012/05/10/doi… 17 hours ago
- I imagine it would have been really hard to find an external leader to take on PayPal leadership under eBay bureaucracy. 17 hours ago
- Interesting pick for head of independent PayPal. Good luck to @Dan_Schulman. Let's see what PayPal can do outside of eBay shadow. 17 hours ago
- Restaurant calls customer to tell her she's banned after negative Yelp review. youtube.com/watch?v=vMTjQv… 2 days ago
- Even when you think you've anonymized data, you often haven't theiii.org/index.php/316/… Chop off first, last few blocks in NYC? via @hunterwalk 2 days ago
- Why I’m joining PayPal March 11, 2014
- How Google+ can win over parents and grandparents from Facebook February 19, 2014
- The best transportation option in San Francisco might be one you’ve never heard of February 19, 2014
- In my first dine-and-dash experience with OpenTable, even the server was onboard with it February 12, 2014
- Why I love Twitter — and why that might not matter February 6, 2014
- Google could still win social — by redefining what social means February 5, 2014
- Facebook is 10. So why is it acting like it’s 80? February 5, 2014
- What UberX’s new lower pricing means for the transportation market January 11, 2014
- Two pictures that illustrate 12 years of change in technology (and the increasing irrelevance of CES) January 10, 2014
- Evernote’s Phil Libin shows how to do startup PR the right way January 9, 2014
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Batkid, San Francisco and my brother’s experience with the Make-A-Wish foundation
- Why I’m joining OLO’s advisory board
- A few thoughts on customer service
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Why Netflix is killing it -- and what startups can learn from its success
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Temporary housing site Airbnb is raising a $100 million round at a valuation exceeding $1 billion, according to TechCrunch. Airbnb is a great example of creating new markets through simplification. People have been selling rooms and temporary space through sites … Continue reading
Netflix just became the number one provider of subscription entertainment content in the United States, with 22.8 million subscribers. Comcast now comes in at number 2, with 22.76 million. And the trend lines indicate that Netflix will continue to grow. … Continue reading