I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Great advice from @joshelman on product hunt live producthunt.com/live/josh-elman 1 day ago
- RT @ReutersTech: Instagram adds features to keep up with young, messaging users reut.rs/1PJvpP8 1 day ago
- Restaurant recommendations by Uber? Using mass data to make recommendations viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2015/09/01/hil… 1 day ago
- “DoorDash Inks First Non-Restaurant Delivery Deal With 7-Eleven (Sans Slurpees)” forbes.com/sites/emilyinv… 1 day ago
- How long has Google been letting you scroll through recent tweets in search results? 1 day ago
- Street View on Google Maps is now available as its own Android app September 3, 2015
- Samsung has shown it’s serious about Tizen, but is it yet ‘The OS of Everything’? September 3, 2015
- Why ‘open’ doesn’t always win (but usually will) September 3, 2015
- Marketing Clouds and Video: A relationship just beginning to bloom September 2, 2015
- Salesforce acquires application development consulting firm AKTA September 2, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place September 2, 2015
- Amazon launches AWS C++ SDK designed for game developers September 2, 2015
- Everything Lenovo and Motorola unveiled today at Europe’s biggest electronics conference September 2, 2015
- Google Maps now gives you more personalized restaurant recommendations on iOS and Android September 2, 2015
- Motorola explains why the Moto 360 display still isn’t a perfect circle September 2, 2015
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- A wow experience from United Airlines. Wow.
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Today marks the launch of a groundbreaking new app called Color. The app, available for iPhone and Android, has users automatically share pictures with those around them. Take a picture and people in close proximity can see them. No logins, … Continue reading