I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Pizza delivery shops should have surge pricing on super bowl Sunday to smooth demand. Peak price probably middle of second quarter. 1 hour ago
- RT @danprimack: The story of @realDonaldTrump trying to take an old lady's house for his casino project washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/styl… 21 hours ago
- Medicare and VA are socialized medicine. Maybe we should get rid of them. #GOPDebate 21 hours ago
- And don't forget that my mom endorsed me. Please clap. #GOPDebate 21 hours ago
- #GOPDebate Do you support the right of Muslims to own guns? 22 hours ago
- Google reportedly plans to release a Cardboard successor like Samsung’s Gear VR this year February 7, 2016
- Apple’s gaming censorship continues: The Binding of Isaac blocked from App Store February 7, 2016
- Super Bowl Showdown: Is esports or the NFL a better career choice? February 7, 2016
- Why hiring a COO was the best thing I did for my business February 7, 2016
- Sharing economy’s ‘billion-dollar club’ is going strong, but investor risk is high February 7, 2016
- Entrepreneurs, investors: How to up your chance of a win February 7, 2016
- Publishing your game in Saudi Arabia is not as hard as you’d think February 7, 2016
- Nine wants you to ‘meet Instagrammers through your best 9 photos’ February 7, 2016
- Twitter users decry reported plan to prioritize tweets February 7, 2016
- Red Dead Redemption is playable on Xbox One after getting backward compatibility February 6, 2016
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Groupon resource page
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Best practices for April Fool's Day
- How not to design an ATM
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Today marks the launch of a groundbreaking new app called Color. The app, available for iPhone and Android, has users automatically share pictures with those around them. Take a picture and people in close proximity can see them. No logins, … Continue reading