I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Welcoming @conorsen, the latest investor in the @redesignmobile family. One of the smartest investors I know. 16 hours ago
- Excited to welcome the incredible @ravi as the latest investor in @redesignmobile 19 hours ago
- Museum of obsolete tech, part 2. http://t.co/V9QOs6xRds 1 day ago
- My museum of obsolete technology, part 1 http://t.co/B1QPfgN1CS 1 day ago
- Strangest Apple Watch experience... emails that show on Watch disappear from my mailbox. Not all the time, but not infrequent. 1 day ago
- LG unveils new G4 smartphone, with improved camera and choice of leather styles April 28, 2015
- You can now post comments directly on Dropbox files April 28, 2015
- Video game pioneer Nolan Bushnell to speak at GamesBeat Summit April 28, 2015
- PayPal brings its One Touch payments to the web April 28, 2015
- Germany’s Handy Games chief dives into wearable game design April 28, 2015
- Big-time Hollywood vet heading up virtual reality film production studio April 28, 2015
- SendGrid admits hack, says all customers must reset their passwords April 28, 2015
- Ad partnership helps bridge the worlds of kids mobile and TV advertising April 28, 2015
- Gett wants to get you anything as the on-demand car service spreads its wings April 28, 2015
- Uber launches a curated meal-delivery service in New York and Chicago April 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Media requests
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- My genius list
- Why Netflix's split won't help with its real problems
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Today marks the launch of a groundbreaking new app called Color. The app, available for iPhone and Android, has users automatically share pictures with those around them. Take a picture and people in close proximity can see them. No logins, … Continue reading