I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Everything You Need To Know About The Google-Twitter Partnership searchengineland.com/everything-nee… 14 hours ago
- Any idea what bottom two symbols mean? http://t.co/LaOvo2fbiN 1 day ago
- Crowd sourcing: what to do a on a coooooold Saturday in NYC? 1 day ago
- Huge congratulations to @skrenta and @glindahl on @blemish joining IBM Watson. Fantastic team. 1 day ago
- RT @Chris_DL: New version of BBC News Headlines for @Pebble in color, with timeline! New design will also be available on Aplite. http://t.… 2 days ago
- Microsoft announces Halo 5 coming Oct. 27 in live-action TV commercial March 30, 2015
- What to do when Google gives your competitor $100 million March 29, 2015
- Watch this drone herd sheep like a sheepdog March 29, 2015
- How Microsoft should woo Android and iOS developers to build Windows 10 apps March 29, 2015
- Why data breaches need their own Richter scale March 29, 2015
- The next multibillion dollar tech trend from Asia: E-sports March 29, 2015
- Watch out! All that Meerkating and Periscoping could slam your mobile data limits March 29, 2015
- Boeing has patented a ‘Star Wars’-style force field March 29, 2015
- A 4-inch iPhone 6 would be welcomed by many users (but will Apple deliver?) March 28, 2015
- The five most ignorant media myths about electric cars March 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Shop Talk: A conversation with a Groupon merchant
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Google gets mobile - Gmail goes beyond WAP
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: March 2011
Today marks the launch of a groundbreaking new app called Color. The app, available for iPhone and Android, has users automatically share pictures with those around them. Take a picture and people in close proximity can see them. No logins, … Continue reading