I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Bye 1 week ago
- RT @TradeEconomista: Worthy reminder: Steve Jobs biological father was also a #SyrianRefugee @APPLEOFFIClAL @DisneyPixar https://t.co/2… 1 week ago
- The Marriott deal likely means another blow for @AmericanExpress. And my favorite card -- the @StarwoodBuzz AmEx will be no more. :( 2 weeks ago
- Marriott Buying Starwood in Deal Valued at $12.2 Billion bloomberg.com/news/articles/… FUCK. 2 weeks ago
- RT @Eater: In-N-Out Burger sues DoorDash for delivering burgers without its permission eater.com/2015/11/11/971… 2 weeks ago
- Google will retire Chrome support for 32-bit Linux, Ubuntu Precise, and Debian 7 in March 2016 December 1, 2015
- Google’s data saver mode in Chrome for Android will now save up to 70% December 1, 2015
- BlackBerry is bringing BBM mobile payments to Africa December 1, 2015
- Nokia will start shipping its $60K Ozo virtual reality camera in Q1 2016 December 1, 2015
- Adobe data: Cyber Monday 2015 will hit a record $3B in sales, sale product shortages hit all-time high December 1, 2015
- New Samsung patent shows off a phone that unfolds into a tablet (with bonus Apple cameo) November 30, 2015
- This is what a National Security Letter looks like November 30, 2015
- Oculus VR will have a ‘special announcement’ at ‘The Game Awards’ November 30, 2015
- 50% of adults shop on smartphones while browsing a store November 30, 2015
- This mobile game studio wants Israel to embrace creativity, not just tech and monetization November 30, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Five mistakes that product managers make
- Things Apple slammed before implementing them
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Why I'm joining Groupon
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- How not to design an ATM
- Because manholes are round
- Why Google's acquisition of Zagat matters
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading