I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Apple boss: We have a human right to privacy via @mdudas telegraph.co.uk/technology/app… 2 days ago
- Outlook app users: anyway to add @tripit calendar to its calendar? 2 days ago
- RT @erikbryn: "in the entire history of the US airline industry, cumulative earnings have been negative $33B" vox.com/2014/8/27/6075… via @m… 2 days ago
- RT @kevinrose: Tim Cook says that the Apple Watch will "replace your cars keys", I disagree, @Uber will replace your car keys 2 days ago
- RT @VisaSecurity: [INFOGRAPHIC] What’s a chip card? vi.sa/1w0Yy3b http://t.co/3X4SsZMd3f 2 days ago
- The LG Watch Urbane LTE is the most complete smartwatch we’ve seen to date (hands-on) March 3, 2015
- Mobile backend startup CloudMine picks up $5M March 3, 2015
- Yahoo partners with Fleksy to let you browse the Web directly from your phone’s keyboard March 3, 2015
- Pebble announces new Pebble Time Steel smartwatch March 3, 2015
- Invoca’s updated platform wants to change the conversation about customer phone calls March 3, 2015
- Accomplice scores $5M so marketing campaigns will do their job March 3, 2015
- Salon booking company Booker just raised $35M from First Data and others March 3, 2015
- ToutApp, a toolset for salespeople to close the deal, closes on its own $15M March 3, 2015
- How Google’s using big data and machine-learning to aid drug discovery March 3, 2015
- Maverick Ventures Enters India; Agrees to Invest in IDG-backed Vserv March 3, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Technology's effects on our language
Monthly Archives: February 2011
One of the things that people often ask me is how does someone goes about creating innovative product concepts. What are the research methods and tools to use? One of the most powerful tools is just watching what customers do … Continue reading
Jeopardy! contestants Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter got a spanking the likes of which they’ve never seen by Watson, an IBM supercomputer, last night. How would Watson do against that other font of knowledge — Google? Watson is optimized to … Continue reading
Apple has built an incredibly valuable distribution platform. It’s perfectly reasonable for them to say “if you make money using our platform, we want a piece of it.” Distribution costs money. Facebook charges developers on its platform 30% for using … Continue reading
Today we saw the unveiling of Rupert Murdoch’s new iPad-based newspaper, The Daily. It looks very different from apps from the Washington Post, New York Times, Wall Street Journal and USA Today. The impression is distinctly more of a magazine … Continue reading