I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Dude the whole thing was a terrible prescription drug interaction. Not that anyone knows or cares. 13 hours ago
- Uber’s transportation revolution is part of something much bigger- redesign | mobile redesignmobile.com/2015/04/29/red… 3 days ago
- RT @redesignmobile: Excited to announce the launch of @redesignmobile redesignmobile.com The nature of work is changing and we will hel… 5 days ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: AMA about redesignmobile periscope.tv/w/VyJ6FzU4NDM5… 5 days ago
- RT @bornonjuly4: Congrats @rakeshlobster for your successful launch of @redesignmobile cc @cherian_abraham 5 days ago
- Twilio raises $100M; is now worth over $1B, report says May 5, 2015
- Patents: How the tech industry is shifting from quantity to quality May 5, 2015
- Kraftwerk returns to the U.S. with eye-popping 3D concerts this fall May 5, 2015
- Why you should be worried if your boss gives you an Apple Watch May 4, 2015
- Foursquare’s Swarm attempts to bring back the fun with stickers and challenges May 4, 2015
- Cloudera could be worth almost $5B with $199M in revenue this year, analysts say May 4, 2015
- ‘Smart’ clothing sales to top 10M in 5 years, study says May 4, 2015
- Google acquires scheduling app Timeful and plans to integrate it into Google Apps May 4, 2015
- Android games will make more money than iOS games by 2018 thanks to China May 4, 2015
- Microsoft reportedly plans to launch a couple of fancy Windows 10 Lumia phones May 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
- Because manholes are round
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- How daily deal companies could improve the merchant experience -- and why they won't
- Communicating amongst friends: how technology changes human relationships
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Women’s Wear Daily reported recently that after an initial burst, iPad-based magazines aren’t selling well. Well, duh. They were designed to meet the needs of publishers, not readers. Hey, let’s charge $5 an issue for something that requires little work … Continue reading