I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @RichBTIG: Disney admitting trouble at @ESPN as big cable bundle struggles; Cable Nets HALF of $DIS earnings #goodluckbundle http://t.co… 8 hours ago
- Many US retailers not ready for fraud-proof cards cnbc.com/2015/07/30/man… 14 hours ago
- United CFO moves to PayPal. Maybe he can bring the same level of service over. 17 hours ago
- Guess those twitter emails are a short-term way to pump MAU; medium-term way to get people to unsubscribe from your emails. 19 hours ago
- Twitter has managed to create emails more useless than linkedin's barrage of spam. http://t.co/kXI8W3JvBT 19 hours ago
- Seagate launches a 2-terabyte game drive for Xbox consoles August 5, 2015
- China to put security teams in major Internet firms, websites August 5, 2015
- GE launches Predix Cloud service, says it will become available in 2016 August 5, 2015
- Samsung Pay on TV lets you buy apps and games with your credit card, debit card, and PayPal August 5, 2015
- Yuri Milner’s DST Global raises $1.7B for its fifth fund — without Russian money August 5, 2015
- Fintech’s future is fast and furious August 5, 2015
- Slack starts accepting requests for beta access to its new Linux client August 4, 2015
- Review: The $180 Moto G isn’t a premium smartphone, but it acts like one August 4, 2015
- Glu to make a Nicki Minaj mobile game August 4, 2015
- Netflix now offers ‘unlimited’ paid maternity and paternity leave for the first year August 4, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Custom pictures come to credit cards
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Because manholes are round
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Women’s Wear Daily reported recently that after an initial burst, iPad-based magazines aren’t selling well. Well, duh. They were designed to meet the needs of publishers, not readers. Hey, let’s charge $5 an issue for something that requires little work … Continue reading