I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Uber Acquires Part Of Bing’s Mapping Assets techcrunch.com/2015/06/29/ube… Interesting implications for futures of both. Key Q: What happens 2 Here? 4 hours ago
- In DC, public servants leave for private sector to get rich. In SV, private sector leaves for public service. Huge props to @shervin 18 hours ago
- Speaking of @dominos, this is a 5-year chart I didn't expect google.com/finance?q=dpz&… Increased "restaurant" spend out of recession? $DPZ 20 hours ago
- Uber is worth ~8x another company that has lots of drivers around the world: $DPZ google.com/finance?q=dpz&… 20 hours ago
- Apple Music coming to @sonos (eventually) cultofmac.com/327634/apple-m… 22 hours ago
- Magic Leap hires new content chief to bolster its defense against Microsoft’s HoloLens July 1, 2015
- Google Cloud Console for Android and iOS is now available to everyone July 1, 2015
- Europe’s game developers favor PC over iOS and Android July 1, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place July 1, 2015
- ‘Beauty in a box’ startup Birchbox finally launches on Android and gears up to go global July 1, 2015
- Snapchat now lets you tap to view snaps and stories, add nearby friends July 1, 2015
- Watch the first full trailer for Aaron Sorkin’s ‘Steve Jobs’ July 1, 2015
- Automating the customer journey: Making marketing personal AND scalable July 1, 2015
- IE falls below 55% market share as Chrome and Firefox gain July 1, 2015
- Fast-growing data analytics company Looker hires former Box exec Jen Grant (Q&A) July 1, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Why I retweet racist assholes
- Social media and the new world of work — my take
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Airbnb's changes don't go far enough
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Technology's effects on our language
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: January 2011
Women’s Wear Daily reported recently that after an initial burst, iPad-based magazines aren’t selling well. Well, duh. They were designed to meet the needs of publishers, not readers. Hey, let’s charge $5 an issue for something that requires little work … Continue reading