I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- Interesting way to drive up TPV. http://t.co/wbT9xekyq4 1 day ago
- csen, Silicon Valley is Going to Retrench in 2016 csen.tumblr.com/post/125460789… 3 days ago
- Seen on the street. http://t.co/mJaObuhTW2 3 days ago
- What do people think of Facebook Moments? Seems vaguely like Color, without the over-limiting, illiquid real-time restriction. 4 days ago
- Steep Discounts a Boon for Customers, but a Gamble for Start-Ups nytimes.com/2015/07/30/tec… Great stuff from @fmanjoo /via @hunterwalk 4 days ago
- LeadFuze wants to kill the cold call with its new sales prospecting tool August 3, 2015
- Soylent will soon come in bottles so you can get your nonfood to-go August 3, 2015
- Force Protection Video Attends North Carolina Sheriffs Conference August 3, 2015
- Microsoft acquires FantasySalesTeam, a gamification platform to incentivize sales teams August 3, 2015
- Prizma launches video recommendation service for ‘the whole person’ August 3, 2015
- Why 3 car giants just bought Nokia’s mapping business for $3B August 3, 2015
- Security firm Zscaler raises $100M, led by TPG August 3, 2015
- The Backed Pack: Batteriser extends the power of alkaline batteries August 3, 2015
- German car makers agree to buy Nokia’s mapping business for $3.2B, report says August 2, 2015
- Why your board needs a director like Donald Trump August 2, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Because manholes are round
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- Rakesh Agrawal disambiguation
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Yelp advertiser agreement
Monthly Archives: November 2010
The Daily Beast’s Howard Kurtz recently took the media to task for spending too much time covering the TSA’s new procedures, referring to it as a “‘junk’ journalism epidemic.” I’ve about had it with media types who insist on turning … Continue reading
In defending its actions in screening passengers, the TSA continually points to a CBS News Poll which claims that 80% of Americans support the scan. What does that really mean? Let’s take a look at the actual question that was … Continue reading