I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- RT @Devindra: @rakeshlobster Jobs did it anonymously bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/05/24/lau… 1 hour ago
- Apple's Tim Cook will give away all his money ... Jobs was not known for philanthropy. cnbc.com/id/102539600 1 hour ago
- Another item for @AppMeerkat / @periscopeco wish list: let me pin current question I'm answering so new entrants get context. 2 hours ago
- LIVE on #Periscope: Ask me anything periscope.tv/w/VvafTTU4NDM5… 2 hours ago
- Like most live demos, that didn't work. The @WHotels keyless entry still has a fair amount of flakiness in it. 2 hours ago
- Slack launches two factor authentication and reveals it was hacked last month March 27, 2015
- Product Hunt CEO: Livestreaming apps aren’t just a fad March 27, 2015
- Vine bumps video quality from 480p to 720p HD March 27, 2015
- Cracker’s David Lowery updates his Silicon Valley relationship status: It’s complicated (interview) March 27, 2015
- GamesBeat weekly roundup: Getting to know DeNA, touring Square Enix, and bad EverQuest ideas March 27, 2015
- Funding Daily: Today’s tech funding news, in one place March 27, 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge pricing: AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, and Verizon March 27, 2015
- The joy of specs: Sony’s $840 augmented-reality glasses are now on sale in 10 countries March 27, 2015
- The DeanBeat: Even for a second-generation game designer, being an indie is a survival journey March 27, 2015
- Check out the agenda for the first-ever GamesBeat Summit March 27, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- Is it true, as Fast Company wrote recently, that Square is "no longer the high-flying startup it once was" (August 2014)?
- A simple fix to an Uber-related security issue
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- The death of nuance: Komen, ALS and Uber
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- The smartest question I was asked by an entrepreneur and team member
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- The terrible numbers that Groupon doesn't want you to focus on
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Sam Altman will clean your house for $5
- Google Maps: extreme close up with Street View
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals – consumer FAQ
Monthly Archives: November 2010
The Daily Beast’s Howard Kurtz recently took the media to task for spending too much time covering the TSA’s new procedures, referring to it as a “‘junk’ journalism epidemic.” I’ve about had it with media types who insist on turning … Continue reading
In defending its actions in screening passengers, the TSA continually points to a CBS News Poll which claims that 80% of Americans support the scan. What does that really mean? Let’s take a look at the actual question that was … Continue reading