I am the CEO of redesignmobile.
I frequently write for VentureBeat. I also talk about technology on Bloomberg TV and CNBC. I have also written for TechCrunch and GigaOm.
I have special expertise in small business, social networking and mobile payments.
I am probably best known for my critique of Groupon and the daily deals space.
- looks like my call on $FIT was right. 1 day ago
- Looking forward to trying @VirginAmerica new Hawaii service ... even more so now that they'll have fast internet. 1 day ago
- Great news for travelers: @VirginAmerica to 8-10x internet speed, allow streaming video on 10 new planes. virginamerica.com/cms/about-our-… 1 day ago
- .@hunterwalk is an amazing interviewer 2 days ago
- .@kevingibbon: pattern matching is overweighted in Silicon Valley. (Intvu with @hunterwalk.) amen. I know Cs and Ds who work at FB. 2 days ago
- Russia’s Kaspersky threatened to ‘rub out’ rival, email shows August 29, 2015
- LinkedIn acquires predictive marketing firm Fliptop to boost its Sales Solutions offering August 29, 2015
- Yep, gameplay video shows Lawbreakers is a CliffyB shooter August 29, 2015
- U.S. International Trade Commission clears Microsoft of patent infringement August 29, 2015
- Apple Watch is disrupting the ‘Interruption Economy’ August 28, 2015
- Uber hires Jeep-hacking security researchers to improve car technology August 28, 2015
- Alleged PlayStation Network, Xbox Live cyberattackers arrested by U.K. law enforcement August 28, 2015
- Search startup Qbox raises $2.4M to develop a front end for non-technical users August 28, 2015
- Data-driven marketing: With new solutions come new challenges August 28, 2015
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III had the PlayStation 4’s biggest multiplayer beta August 28, 2015
- Why does Tina Fey not use the magnetic strip in her American Express commercials?
- How did Square lose the Apple Pay and Twitter partnerships while Stripe won?
- Is it possible for Square to lower the rate to 1.75% and compete with Amazon?
- Why is Square a popular choice for food trucks in San Francisco?
- How effective is it to have a 5,000-year vision for a company, as Jack Dorsey is said to have for Square?
- Donald Trump is right
- If you’re going to own individual stocks, own these three
- Rakesh’s quick guide to investing for the lay person
- Thoughts on service startups
- My genius product/service list
- My genius list
- A few New Year’s changes to the @rakeshlobster twitter feed
- Bought a smart watch in the past 90 days on an AmEx or Discover? Don’t want it? Get your money back
- PR tip: Don’t use a celebrity’s death to pitch your company
- You have a friend who is depressed? Here’s what to do
- Donald Trump is right
- Groupon resource page
- A look at Groupon's extremely lopsided merchant agreement
- A sample Groupon merchant agreement
- Groupon, LivingSocial and daily deals - merchant FAQ
- Revised Groupon merchant agreement
- LivingSocial merchant agreement
- Yelp advertiser agreement
- Answers from the Insurance Information Institute on Airbnb
- Best practices for businesses considering Groupon, LivingSocial or Google Offers
Monthly Archives: November 2010
The Daily Beast’s Howard Kurtz recently took the media to task for spending too much time covering the TSA’s new procedures, referring to it as a “‘junk’ journalism epidemic.” I’ve about had it with media types who insist on turning … Continue reading
In defending its actions in screening passengers, the TSA continually points to a CBS News Poll which claims that 80% of Americans support the scan. What does that really mean? Let’s take a look at the actual question that was … Continue reading